stupid shit you have seen at your gym?

blairandkelly

there was another thread like this a while ago, couldnt find it

iv seen plenty of stupid stuff in my time ,

this dude gets to the gym , dial's a number on his phone while its ringing he starts doing decline situps , he starts talking and laughing away while completing his set , he gets up goes over and picks up a dumbell sits down still talking on the phone and starts doing one arm preacher curls all while talking about how great his friday night was and what a legend he is to have dragged himself down to the gym for a workout ..

from the time he walked into the gym to the time he left would have been no more than 15 mins 10 of those on the bloody phone :gunfire:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was training in Palmerston North years ago, there was this really tough looking guy who trained there. He was the sort of guy with a real chip on his shoulder.....like he had an attitude problem. He would walk into the gym and go straight to the punching bag, would punch the crap out of the bag and then would take off his trackies to reveal some tight bike-shorts and join all of the women in an aerobics class. We niknamed him "Mr tough-aerobics".

at my gym they have these guys come in every year from god knowes were to do a recruiting drive, one looks like he needs a good feed and the chick had more chins then a chinnes phone book lol

but even worse i think its bull shit that they tell all these newbies they can get the body they want in 3months, they also sign people that have never worked out before for three year contracts what a scam, makes me wonder why people get into fitness industry to help people get fit? or make money

Some things i've experienced have been.

Been told im doing the benchpress wrong cause it's touching my chest. Apparently this fudgeball must have had a phd in biomechanics. Upon asking him where he studied physiology and biomechanics, he gives me a somewhat quizical look and tells me hes an I.T guy I sigh and walk away making a mental note to purchase an ipod the next day for two reasons 1 to drown out the crappy music and 2 to drown out the abundance of morons who frequent the gym I go to.

A few weeks later while doing squats I got told that i'm going to destroy my knees because I squat to deep, this time by a different beacon of knowledge who I had just seen doing legpresses with far to many plates on each side and only pushing it about 3 inches. My response was putting my earphones back in and turning up the volume on my ipod. I guess mister 3 inch rom legpress guy thought that was rude and looked like I had just smeared shit under his nose. To bad.

Other stupid stuff is when guys come in all dressed up to train and those kids that wear their hats sideways annoy me.

Here you go

This wannabe tough ass from my school shows up at the gym with like a dozen of his mates. him and all his mates are about 17-18 and he goes and buts 85kgs trying to show off to them all about how tough he is on the bench press. lifts it off the bar brings it down to his chest does one rep then starts to choke as he cannot lift it back up and the bar was pushing down on his throat

He gets off and all the girls are like wow sam that was great how can you lift that, thats so awsome. then i pushed between them all and lie down on the bench. with me being only just turned 16 and not a part of their so called "Cool Group" they all laugh and one goes "what ya gunna do u little piece of shit". so i lift it off and do 12 reps without breaking a sweat. after i get up there all awestruck and the "tough guy" pokes me in the chest and goes "you must be on steriods you little creep". then they all storm out the door, as they walk out he goes to his mates, i have a sore shoulder from rugby yesterday thats all.. but the thing was it was monday and there was no rugby on that sunday.

Here you go

This wannabe tough ass from my school shows up at the gym with like a dozen of his mates. him and all his mates are about 17-18 and he goes and buts 85kgs trying to show off to them all about how tough he is on the bench press. lifts it off the bar brings it down to his chest does one rep then starts to choke as he cannot lift it back up and the bar was pushing down on his throat

He gets off and all the girls are like wow sam that was great how can you lift that, thats so awsome. then i pushed between them all and lie down on the bench. with me being only just turned 16 and not a part of their so called "Cool Group" they all laugh and one goes "what ya gunna do u little piece of shit". so i lift it off and do 12 reps without breaking a sweat. after i get up there all awestruck and the "tough guy" pokes me in the chest and goes "you must be on steriods you little creep". then they all storm out the door, as they walk out he goes to his mates, i have a sore shoulder from rugby yesterday thats all.. but the thing was it was monday and there was no rugby on that sunday.

lol :lol: you sure showed them :pfft:

:wink:

Here you go

that sounds like an excellence for my creative writing standard at school :pfft:

I was at the gym warming up on the bike one day before doing legs and this guy was running on the treadmill. He must have been doing short intervals because he kept getting further back on the treadmill and then sorting his shit out for a while before getting near the back again.

Eventually (I waited and watched on the bike with crossed fingers thinking this could just possibly happen) the guy goes a bit to fast and falls right off, hitting his face on the treadmill and ending up in a pile on the floor behind the treadmill. It was all I could to to contain myself until went to get back on it again without slowing it down and did the same fucken thing, all over again.

After that he packed up his shit and went straight back out the door.

Brilliant - smiled all the way through legs that day.

Here you go

Dude, I didn't know there were 12 people in Winton. :P

Jokes, was down there in January this year for the Browns sports day, I was one of the guys tossing cabers.

2guns, :pfft: . I take it you haven't been spending your days finishing off end of year uni assignments, kinda warps the brain a bit.

um theres more than 12 people in winton. theres like 3000-4000, mind you 92%of them are over 60 years old. its basically a giant retirement home. not the best place for a up and coming body builder. theres 1 other person my age that goes to the gym. and the gym itself is about the size of one tennis court

always see stupid shit at my gym

recent things include:

a guy doing wide grip cable pull downs.... pulling them down to his belly button - looked very akward and stupid

2 wannabe tough guy 17 years olds come in - pack 30kg on each side of the bench press..... the first guy lifts it off,it goes down a full 3 inches!! making it about 50cm from his chest - then pushes back up does a whole 3 of these b4 he finishes looking all impressed with himself.

next guy gets on lifts the bar up.... it starts tipping sideways - the two of them frantically trying to save it :pfft: idiots.

and the one i see every time i go.... people doing bicep curls on the small barbells - when they do that whole rocking horse motion using there hips to push forward while there back goes way back to push the weight up. :smackbottom:

um theres more than 12 people in winton. theres like 3000-4000, mind you 92%of them are over 60 years old. its basically a giant retirement home. not the best place for a up and coming body builder. theres 1 other person my age that goes to the gym. and the gym itself is about the size of one tennis court

id be outta there azap lol

So no girls?? f*ck that place...