my progress toward the perfect body

ngapuhi strong

thanks yea i want to compete in the garden city classic in april in the under 70kg class,

perfect for me at this stage wood be to get to 90kg and be under 9% bf all year round and be 2 to 5% for comp

but like all my goals as soon as i'm near to acheving them i keep putting the bar higher

i dont really use any suppliments, what do you guys recomend?

to be honest i'd prob use the illeagel stuff too if i new were the hell to get it and how to take it

thanks for the compliment deepsouth means alot coming from you, since i started at the gym your build has been my yard stick that i measure myself against,

guees i'm just impatiant and want everything now that i think about taking the gear, but i know no were near enough about it to use it yet,

and having one pathetic leg that wont grow makes me think about using

as you all probibly know wen friends and family tell you you looking good it doesnt really register

Believe them. They're telling the truth!

From what I can see, you've got really good symmetry and proportions, and you're lean as hell. You're looking great.

You've identified that one leg is lagging after an accident - any part specifically, or is it just generally smaller than the other one? I'm wondering if we can suggest a few exercises to help even things up. :)

If you'll excuse me, I feel the need to go and do a heap of cardio now...

yea any suggestions on exercises i could do to help even up my legs wood be appreciated

my right calf is about 1 and a half inches smaller then left and right thigh is about 2 inches smaller then left thigh, its not just a size difference, there is less a lack of muscle on the outside of right thigh,

this is due to snapping my femur right in half but bone is total healed but also had multiple fractures in the ankle joint witch is were I'm struggling with standard exercises due to a lak of flexibility in ankle and constint pain, the pain i'm able to handle and bear in order to achieve my goals

-single leg squats

-single leg stiff leg deadlifts

-single leg extentions

-single leg curls

-single leg calf raises

perform 4 sets on the weak leg and to on the good leg of each of the exercises fo 10-12 reps. only do the weight on the good leg that you can do on the weak leg.

this will bring the balance back up. if you have trouble just google the exercise name and it should come up with a picture.

any probs just ask

NZPT

Single-leg squats and deadlifts?! Blimey, that's pretty hardcore! :shock:

I've done single-leg extensions and single-leg leg press before, and they're very good.

Another variation on that theme you might like to try is two-up-one-down. Fairly self-explanatory... you push up with two legs, then take one off, and release back down with one. Switch sides with each rep. Again, very good for extensions and leg presses.

-single leg squats

-single leg stiff leg deadlifts

-single leg extentions

-single leg curls

-single leg calf raises

perform 4 sets on the weak leg and to on the good leg of each of the exercises fo 10-12 reps. only do the weight on the good leg that you can do on the weak leg.

this will bring the balance back up. if you have trouble just google the exercise name and it should come up with a picture.

any probs just ask

NZPT

read your post this morning and as it happens today was legs day so thought i'd give it a go

WOW it blew me to bits, i thought i was pretty gym fit but that legs workout showed me how much i'd been relying on my good leg when doing squats and deed lifts.

for the single leg squats i couldnt even do it with weight, my body weight was enough,

with the single leg deed lifts i used a 10kg bar by the second set i was having problems with the balance but just toke my time and reset wen i had to put good leg on ground to re-balance,

by the end of the deed lifts my bad leg and ass cheeks were burning lol.

instead of the extensions i done one legged leg press, by this stage by asshole was hanging out lol and could only do 25kg

finished withe ling down one legged leg curls unmentionable low weight but keep form strict

i do calfs with forarms and abbs so will let you know how they go

thanks for the suggestions i really think its going to help

Single-leg squats and deadlifts?! Blimey, that's pretty hardcore!

there definatly hard work, good for a change from the usual routine if you hit a plateau do this for a few weeks then return to what you were doing and see the diffrence. as you may have figured out you use D/B rather then B/B due to balance isssues.

NZPT

• 1 month later...

1st pic Good back thickness and detail, good delt and arm size and shape, if I'm being a lttle picky, you could do with a little more width in the lats to match up with what you've already done, but overall a great rear double bis. Perhaps keep your elbows up by about 15 degrees.

2nd pic chest needs a little thickness, more inclines, just more size really- arms delts chest traps, to do that requires more food/ more training intensity/more protein/ more weight with good technique/ more food/ more basic heavy lifts/consistency, don't fuss about staying too lean (as in doing the ab shots) if you diet right they'll come out when you need them along with well built muscle from the added food. Aim to be between 10 and 15% no more no less.

Keep at it, it'll happen.

mike

• 6 years later...

hi guys, wood like some feed back from those in the know, as you all probibly know wen friends and family tell you you looking good it doesnt really register,

i've been training a little over a year am 5ft7 or 1.7m,

i was 90kg wen started at 33% body fat

at time of this pic i was 72kg and 8.9% body fat

cant wait to look like this again

After five years of not lifting due to ankle problems then finally having ankle fussed, ive started training agai.

First six weeks i lifted weights monday, wednesday, friday doing a full body work out and 30min cardio 6days a week.

Three weeks ago i turned the intensity up and swaped to a four day lifting program

Monday- Back & bi   (done in am)

pull ups 3 sets of 10

cable lat pull downs 3sets of 10

1 arm row 3sets of 10

Bench pull 3sets of 10

hyper extension well holding 15kg 3sets of 10

precher curls 3sets of ten

standing bi curls with straight bar 3sets of ten

cardio 30 min (done in pm)

Tuesday- Legs

Squats 5sets of ten

straight leg dead lifts 5sets of 10

1 leg leg press 3sets of 10

leg extensions 3sets of 10

standing leg curls 3sets of 10

Wednesday- cardio

half hour in morning , half hour at night

Thursday- Chest & tri

bench press (bar) 5sets of 10

incline db 3sets of 10

decline db 3sets of 10

flat flys 3sets of 10

inclose bench press 3sets of 10

tri push down (rope) 3 sets of 10

dips 3sets to fail

cardio 30min before bed

Friday- legs & shoulders

1 leg leg press 5sets of 10

leg extensions 3sets of 10

standing leg curls 3sets of 10

standing shoulder press barbell 3sets 10

seated shoulder press db (bringing arms in so forarms touch at bottom of movement) 3sets of 10

side raises (not sure if that wat it called) 3sets of 10

seated bent over reverse flys ( for rear delt head) 3sets 10

shrugs 3 sets to fail then continues drop set till i cant shrug no more

cardio 30min before bed

I will do this work out for next 8weeks, every work out the weight is going up so im pretty happy considering im dropping a kg of body weight a week and only eating 2200cals a day

im only raising weight on squats and dead lifts by couple kg a week because of fussed ankle, last thing i want to do is hurt ankle and have to take time off,

ive been taking progress pics every monday and once i dont look like fat piece of shit i will post them up

first day after legs ive woken up and not had my hams hating me.

normally id be thinking its cause ive not hit weights hard enough but i know i smashed them yesterday so i guess musscles are adjusting,

I did not want to get up and get on cross traing this morning but we do what we have to do to get were we want to be,

oh well at least i get to rest for rest of day as its day off work well other then dealing with my three small kids, one more cardio after last meal of day.

chest and tri tomorrow,

• 5 weeks later...

ok time for some picture, as you all know due to ankle problems i had to stop traing for couple years then june last year had my ankle fused, hadnt realised how much id let myself go,

my weight sky rocketed to about 105kg in first two pics and am 90kg in second lot of pics

please dont be to mean with your comments i realise i still have a long way to go to get back to were i use to be, and time frame between pics is 3months

post-88406-14166839819209_thumb.jpg

post-88406-14166839820644_thumb.jpg

post-88406-1416683982217_thumb.jpg

post-88406-14166839827582_thumb.jpg

post-88406-14166839832949_thumb.jpg

post-88406-14166839838343_thumb.jpg

yeah this^ 

good progress. why did you have to stop training though? couldnt you have just done upper body shit? or do you mean you chose to stop training? if i ever stop training im just gonna eat f*ck all but relatively high protein so i lose fat and become an aesthetic god while my muscle wastes away

Good on ya bro. Remember you from back then. Im in a similar boat to you. Just started training in Jan after 5 ish years with no real training. Shes a hard road but well worth it. Muscle memory is an awesome thing! Awesome progress so far too. Keep it up.

Welcome back.