NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Jeepfanatixs

Testosterone expiry dates?

I bought some enanthate and cypionate a few years back but because I wasn't working out, I didn't use it. Is there an expiry date for steroids and if so, what can happen if I use it?

4 hours ago, Jeepfanatixs said:

I bought some enanthate and cypionate a few years back but because I wasn't working out, I didn't use it. Is there an expiry date for steroids and if so, what can happen if I use it?

don't worry about it..

1 hour ago, Daz69 said:

don't worry about it..

Thank you Daz, would it be an issue if it was stored in a plastic bottle rather that the original glass with rubber stopper?

I have about 100ml stored and would hate to throw it away if it was still good to use!

Even medicines that are years past their expiration date and haven't always been kept in strict climate-controlled conditions may still retain their original potency

Thank you for your advice cdqui.

I suspected it would probably be ok because the carrier is an oil which should be relatively stable.... really good to get confirmation.

After 5 years of not working out, I just managed to get properly motivated and started working out again when the latest lockdown hit...

Starting to get frustrated with all these lockdowns keeping me out of gym so might have to rebuild my home gym!

On 24/08/2021 at 2:49 PM, Jeepfanatixs said:

Thank you Daz, would it be an issue if it was stored in a plastic bottle rather that the original glass with rubber stopper?

I have about 100ml stored and would hate to throw it away if it was still good to use!

I wouldn't be concerned about the drug potency, but more the oxidation of the vehicle oil if the vial has been opened.

We know vegetable oils are hugely inflammatory on human pathophysiology..

Thats a lot to throw away, if it were me I'd probably try a small bolus to see if there was intramuscular swelling, redness, or pain post injection, if not I'd give it a go... 

23 hours ago, Daz69 said:

I wouldn't be concerned about the drug potency, but more the oxidation of the vehicle oil if the vial has been opened.

We know vegetable oils are hugely inflammatory on human pathophysiology..

Thats a lot to throw away, if it were me I'd probably try a small bolus to see if there was intramuscular swelling, redness, or pain post injection, if not I'd give it a go... 

Great advice thank you!