egg whites in buckets?

jerume

if your one too watch bodybuilding dvds you'd notice that in usa they have egg whites in buckets,they just buy them from supermarkets,i emailed lanas egg white(jay cutlers sponsor)and asked if they would sell their products too nz,and they said it costs too much for shipping costs,so i said too them there would be many bodybuilders wanting their egg whites here,so i hope we can get their products here,i was just wondering if there is any products like lanas egg white buckets here in nz?if so where and how much?

• 1 month later...

sweet, i will talk to the guy at the gym tonight (he should be there, he's a gym mongrel) and let you know tomorrow. i did find out from my 'contact' that he gets them from some place in Feilding who make pavs, guess they have a need for lots of egg whites LOL :lol:

Righty-o Jerume, what i have found out is that the guy i know gets them from Cowells Pavlova Co in Feilding (who have branches around the country). Apparently he pays them about $80 for 12 litres of egg whites. Cowells get them from some farm in the area so i guess if you contacted the nearest Cowells Pavlova Co to you they would either be able to arrange a similar deal or give you the name of the farm that supplies them. Hope that's helpful dude.

Zeagold Products. 4/390 Rosebank Rd Avondale Auckland, 0-9-828 9059

If your in Auckland check these guys out, you can by egg whites by the litre pasturised etc. Freeze them and use them as you need, great to make oat/egg white porridge with or add to shakes. Also do whole egg and egg white powder as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Zeagold Products. 4/390 Rosebank Rd Avondale Auckland, 0-9-828 9059

If your in Auckland check these guys out, you can by egg whites by the litre pasturised etc. Freeze them and use them as you need, great to make oat/egg white porridge with or add to shakes. Also do whole egg and egg white powder as well.

(bumping this back up to the top) i rang these guys up.. $32 for 6kg of liquid egg whites.

SOOO if 100ml = 10 g protein.. then 400ml (40g protein) is enough for a serving. Based on this I can get 15 servings for $32 which is a good price IMHO

I'm going to pick some up in the weekend

the product is called Simply Egg Whites, which you can buy from http://www.bodysculpt.co.nz or gyms/stores that sell it (incl Zeagold) it's $65.20 for a 6pack.

we aim to get it into as many gyms & supp stores as poss, so let yr gym know to stock it :D

What a ripoff. This is what annoys me about NZ, there's not enough competition to make guys like you reconsider your prices.

Well I bought the same thing from zeagold this morning for $32. This was

6 x 1kg bottles of [frozen] liquid egg whites. Exactly the same nutritional information and everything.

There's plenty of competition - just not a big enough market. Businesses have to make money somehow. Unfortunately a lot of people have a hard time paying for quality supplements at what is oftentimes a reasonable price because they are so "cheap" in the USA (and some other large markets), yet will spend a fortune on other consumables without ever thinking about how much they may cost somewhere else.

The reason you got it cheap from Zeagold is that they are the manufacturers - it's kinda like going going straight to the farm to buy your eggs. I bet most people don't do that though. The problem with going straight to the wholesaler or manufacturer and bypassing the retailers is that the "ripoff" effect is exascerbated as the market is only so big. If half the punters go straight to the source, the retailers are only able to sell half as much so will no doubt have to put their prices up. Which then only causes more people to turn off the retailer due to the price. If less manyfacturers were willing to sell direct, and instead supported their retailers and distributors, then this situation could be averted. Direct selling works in the US with 295,734,134 people, but when you've only got just over 4million people it damages the retail market.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this just pisses me off...

Some company now buys all of Zeagolds liquid egg whites and the public cannot buy them anymore. If you want them, you have to go to this company and pay ~twice the price.

He offered to give me the company details but I said no, it's not worth it.

This is a big blow to us all. We're not made of money, I haev enough trouble getting through the month yet some **** out there thinks he can go and do this.

Makes me want to move out of NZ

• 3 months later...
Well this just pisses me off...

Some company now buys all of Zeagolds liquid egg whites and the public cannot buy them anymore. If you want them, you have to go to this company and pay ~twice the price.

He offered to give me the company details but I said no, it's not worth it.

This is a big blow to us all. We're not made of money, I haev enough trouble getting through the month yet some **** out there thinks he can go and do this.

Makes me want to move out of NZ

Bugger, i only just found this thread too.

That is a flaming rip off

• 3 months later...

Xtreme Nutrition Henderson has changed hands now, so I don't know if they'll still carry the liquid egg whites (I understand it was quite difficult for the previous owners to get hold of them). If you live any great distance away, it might pay to ring the store and ask first.

• 9 months later...

Anyone still buy these egg whites?

If so, where from?

bodyscuplt.co.nz info is a bit misleading:

says 1kg = 40 servings (find that hard to believe) and costs $55

but if you buy 12 it costs $125 (which works out to be about $10.45 per kg). One hell of a bulk buy.

if 1kg = 40 servings and if 1 serving yeilds more than 25gms of protein then hell I am in!