Training ligaments to be prepared for high volume

dapandas

So I used to train 5x5, 3x3 high volume a lot. Benching 3 plate at one point under 80kg. But I've taken years off and a vegan diet has made me lose basically all muscle. I am worried about returning to train because my strength is still there considering how long it's bean, but no doubt my body has chewed through ligaments and I am worried about a serious injury. Is there any new info on how to train ligaments for strength/prevent long-term injuries? I can bench 2 plate even though I have basically no muscle, but I am worried about training even a percentage of that. 

On 28/02/2020 at 10:54 PM, dapandas said:

So I used to train 5x5, 3x3 high volume a lot. Benching 3 plate at one point under 80kg. But I've taken years off and a vegan diet has made me lose basically all muscle. I am worried about returning to train because my strength is still there considering how long it's bean, but no doubt my body has chewed through ligaments and I am worried about a serious injury. Is there any new info on how to train ligaments for strength/prevent long-term injuries? I can bench 2 plate even though I have basically no muscle, but I am worried about training even a percentage of that. 

Concentration on slow eccentric movement....

If you hadn’t been training why would your ligaments have weakened so much and your muscle not? That doesn’t make any sense and it doesn’t work like that.

If you are worried about tendons then why don’t you train at a lower intensity initially and slowly increase intensity. You don’t have to lift 100% of what you are capable of lifting as soon as you start back just because.

No offence but at a novice level of strength there is no way your muscles are stronger than your tendons/ligaments. If this was the case then everyone would just be having ligament and tendon injuries left right centre. 

What happens in reality is that you just won’t be able to lift the weight because you aren’t strong enough.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:32 AM, Realtalk said:

No offence but at a novice level of strength there is no way your muscles are stronger than your tendons/ligaments. If this was the case then everyone would just be having ligament and tendon injuries left right centre. 

What happens in reality is that you just won’t be able to lift the weight because you aren’t strong enough.

You are very knowledgeable could you help me with a question I’ve been pondering?

when I was 15 years old and got a stiffy I could not bend my penis at all. 

Then at 35 when I got a stiffy I could bend my penis about a inch. 

Now at 47 when I get a stiffy I can nearly bend my penis in half. 

Do you think I’m getting stronger the older I get? ????????🤔😂

1 minute ago, New pome said:

You are very knowledgeable could you help me with a question I’ve been pondering?

when I was 15 years old and got a stiffy I could not bend my penis at all. 

Then at 35 when I got a stiffy I could bend my penis about a inch. 

Now at 47 when I get a stiffy I can nearly bend my penis in half. 

Do you think I’m getting stronger the older I get? ????????🤔😂

Imagine how strong I will be at 70 years old 💪😂

• 2 weeks later...