NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Zadermac

Help with power rack

Hi I have $1500 nzd and I am looking to get my first power rack and weights to go with it . I have been looking for myself but for someone with no experience New Zealand seems very limited in choices.

6 hours ago, Zadermac said:

Hi I have $1500 nzd and I am looking to get my first power rack and weights to go with it . I have been looking for myself but for someone with no experience New Zealand seems very limited in choices.

Hello mate, try and see what your buying in person before making your choice. 

I have brought a few thing in the past online from number one fitness, or as I call it number 0 shitness. 😂 and they have been really cheaply made and weak The foot plate actually tore off the leg press.  

Some of the powerlifting guys on here will give you some good brands to look out for. 

Good luck mate, and enjoy them. 👍👍

Thanks for the advice yea I bought a cheap beginners 50kg dumbbell and barbell set from there and a bench press when I first started. The bench is pretty wobbly and the barbell snapped in half and the replacement barbell took almost a month to get to me I'm not sure who's worse Mainfreight or torp7. Here is a rack I've been looking at just lately https://www.elitefitness.co.nz/strength/power-racks-cages/silverback-rack-2-0 where I live I'm around 2 hours drive from any place that sells weights equipment unfortunately so I'm doing my best to find good reviews and advice hopefully.