Tapering compounds and libido

Not a personal question more just a thought I had but I know a lot of modern bodybuilding theory is that there is no need to taper compounds as it has no benefit in recovery of the HPTA but from what I could imagine blasting large amount of androgens, sex drive rises but then levels out again when peak levels have been reached so my hypothesis is the tapering would let your body come down slowly rather and not lose all sex drive than an abrupt drop off.  Obviously other health factors would be more important than dragging out a cycle/blast length longer than it needs to be but wondering your guys views on this sorry for the essay haha 

10 hours ago, Wheytimeisover said:

Not a personal question more just a thought I had but I know a lot of modern bodybuilding theory is that there is no need to taper compounds as it has no benefit in recovery of the HPTA but from what I could imagine blasting large amount of androgens, sex drive rises but then levels out again when peak levels have been reached so my hypothesis is the tapering would let your body come down slowly rather and not lose all sex drive than an abrupt drop off.  Obviously other health factors would be more important than dragging out a cycle/blast length longer than it needs to be but wondering your guys views on this sorry for the essay haha 

Taper is prudent to avoid estrogen dominance as you end a cycle, that was its original purpose I believe..

Recovery of HPTA, is more to do with oncycle damage that has occured from oxidative metabolites from excess androgen conversion to estrogen, mainly in leydig  and sertoli cells..

On-cycle protection might be of more relevance...