NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
CanadaJim

PCT or no PCT

Hi…total newbie here…I’m 51…been lifting for a long time…had some bloodwork done was told by my doc that I was “low normal” for test. 5”9 170lbs lean. Picked up some test-e (on my own, not prescribed) took 1ml (250mg) every two weeks. The duration of my experience started in June with an injection of 250mg of test-e, two weeks later another of the same with  another 250mg two weeks after that. I started noticing itchy puffy nipples. The whole gyno thing had me freaking out so I decided to taper. I halved the dose to 125mg, then down to 75mg and continued halving the dose until my last injection. That was about six weeks ago. I am still experiencing itchy puffy nipples. Lethargy. Decreased libido. I have been taking an over the counter test booster (mutant test- main ingredients fenugreek, tribulus, tongkat ali), as well as a DIM supplement and I recently added  25mg of dhea. Is there anything else I should be doing or not doing? My fear is developing full on gyno as well as a continued loss of libido. When can I expect things to normalize?

14 hours ago, CanadaJim said:

Hi…total newbie here…I’m 51…been lifting for a long time…had some bloodwork done was told by my doc that I was “low normal” for test. 5”9 170lbs lean. Picked up some test-e (on my own, not prescribed) took 1ml (250mg) every two weeks. The duration of my experience started in June with an injection of 250mg of test-e, two weeks later another of the same with  another 250mg two weeks after that. I started noticing itchy puffy nipples. The whole gyno thing had me freaking out so I decided to taper. I halved the dose to 125mg, then down to 75mg and continued halving the dose until my last injection. That was about six weeks ago. I am still experiencing itchy puffy nipples. Lethargy. Decreased libido. I have been taking an over the counter test booster (mutant test- main ingredients fenugreek, tribulus, tongkat ali), as well as a DIM supplement and I recently added  25mg of dhea. Is there anything else I should be doing or not doing? My fear is developing full on gyno as well as a continued loss of libido. When can I expect things to normalize?

The initial high dose of androgens can induce itchy nipples in some people, in most it can disappear never to return... (tip: don't play with them, you can make matters worse)..

Test boosters don't work... Eat healthy, no sugars, minimal grains, high fats, plenty nutrients from multiple vegetable sources, nuts seeds berries.. Include some shellfish for zinc content..

How long is a piece of string..?? We are all different, things will stabilize in time..

You could pin 125mg once a week, or 60mg X2/week.. as opposed to 250mg once every 2 weeks to lower the plasma spike..

Remember estrogen metabolises at a slower rate than testosterone, your test might be crashed, with estrogen still high, ish..

FYI..it’s been months since I stopped. I’m still experiencing itchy nipples and an extremely itchy rash that comes and goes on the back of each shoulder and on each flank. The nipples are extremely troubling. My test regime was low and short. I never did a pct due to the cycle being low dose, short, and tapered. I have been using a DIM product daily but that’s all. How long should I expect to feel this way? Libido is not up to snuff either. At what point should I just say the heck with it and get medical help? I consider this one of the dumbest things I’ve ever done. I can’t believe some guys are successful with the extremely high doses they inject weekly for months on end. Any additional info, insight, expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

In addition to the other post. I stopped the test booster shortly after my initial post. The only thing I’m taking at the moment is a multi and the DIM product as mentioned above. 

And also...lol...with regards to my nipples. Can gyne occur even months after stopping test? The itchiness is bothersome, but the thought of developing full on gyne is extremely troubling. I try not to scratch but when it becomes unbearable I have to..and then I pay for it for a few days. There seems to be a bit of clear discharge, similar to a blister being busted, puffiness, and a weird blanching to the skin area directly around the areola. I’m at a loss here. Kind of freaking out a bit. Not sure what to do. Thanks  

15 hours ago, CanadaJim said:

And also...lol...with regards to my nipples. Can gyne occur even months after stopping test? The itchiness is bothersome, but the thought of developing full on gyne is extremely troubling. I try not to scratch but when it becomes unbearable I have to..and then I pay for it for a few days. There seems to be a bit of clear discharge, similar to a blister being busted, puffiness, and a weird blanching to the skin area directly around the areola. I’m at a loss here. Kind of freaking out a bit. Not sure what to do. Thanks  

What compound did you take, how much and for how long.?

I took test-e. 1ml (250mg) injection. Two weeks later the same. I then noticed the itchy puffy nipples, got kinda freaked out so I lowered the dose to half a ml (125mg) two weeks later. And kept halving the dose every two weeks until I stopped. It’s been over a few months now since the last injection and I’m still not feeling right. Nipples still flare up, weird skin rash (extremely itchy) comes and goes, libido down,,,I’m thinking of picking up some nolvadex and trying that...

Nipples still itchy and puffy. It’s been months since my last injection. I can go for a stretch without any symptoms. But then wake up in the morning with extremely itchy nipples...scratch them...then have to put up with sore leaky nipples for a few days.  Not really sure what to do at this point. I suppose blood work should be in order. I’ll have to make an appointment with my Doc, but I was hoping things would level out on their own. Any advice?

Get some Nolvadex and some Aramosin. Nolvadex can have a rebound so both will work well to reset estrogen issues.

Diet is huge aswell. Eat clean whole foods and look into fasting 18hrs each day with a 6hr eating window. All this will help the body reset.

Avoid alcohol and soy / processed foods.

I’ve used a few over the counter pct products. First was 5% Nutrition Post Gear PCT...contained a hefty amount of DAA, DIM, long jack, vitamin D and other vitamins and herbs...took the whole bottle...didn’t really seem to do anything...things may have even gotten worse...then I tried Mutant Test...main ingredients..fenugreek and Tribulus...I added DIM with that as well...didn’t seem to do anything...might have also gotten worse..now I’m taking nothing...just eating right...exercising...etc...hoping for the best...hard to get my hands on nolvadex or anything like that...

Have you ever considered that your natural test production is very high and this is why your getting  gyno and other sides like lots of teenagers go through? 

Without blood work you are simply guessing my friend. 

Get blood work first then you will know what problem you need to fix.  

Good luck mate, hope you get it sorted promptly. 👍

Yes I’ve considered that. It’s puzzling because I really researched it prior to jumping on the hoarse. I thought I was starting out considerably lower than some guys. 1ml (250mg) of Test-E every two weeks. Compared to the 500-750 weekly some guys inject. From what I researched I was starting at  such a low dose that estrogen aromatization wouldn’t be an issue. And the fact I was on it for such a short time and tapered off was also supposed to be a good thing. Anyway I did have bloodwork done a couple years ago and my doc said my test was “low normal”...so that started me on this “adventure”. But when I actually seen the numbers I was well within the normal range (I seen this  after I started the test and was experiencing issues). So I’d like to give my doc a kick in the jewels but ultimately it was me who filled the syringe and pushed it in my thigh. Hopefully I’ll get some bloodwork done soon (same doc unfortunately) and hopefully I’ll get some solid advice and direction 

Keep us posted after your bloods please, will be interesting to see if it’s high estro or prolactin that’s giving you itchy nips and what’s causing it high t, low t ? A naughty little tumor on a gland? 

Sure your fine, just a little pome humour. 

On 12/18/2019 at 3:27 PM, CanadaJim said:

Yes I’ve considered that. It’s puzzling because I really researched it prior to jumping on the hoarse. I thought I was starting out considerably lower than some guys. 1ml (250mg) of Test-E every two weeks. Compared to the 500-750 weekly some guys inject. From what I researched I was starting at  such a low dose that estrogen aromatization wouldn’t be an issue. And the fact I was on it for such a short time and tapered off was also supposed to be a good thing. Anyway I did have bloodwork done a couple years ago and my doc said my test was “low normal”...so that started me on this “adventure”. But when I actually seen the numbers I was well within the normal range (I seen this  after I started the test and was experiencing issues). So I’d like to give my doc a kick in the jewels but ultimately it was me who filled the syringe and pushed it in my thigh. Hopefully I’ll get some bloodwork done soon (same doc unfortunately) and hopefully I’ll get some solid advice and direction 

You need to run a PCT. Yes it should of been done a week after your last pin but you still need to do it. Go back to where you got the test from and ask for nolvadex and clomid or aramosin and clomid. Be sure to ask how much you need to take, or just google it. It real simple but effective. By now you might even need HCG, be sure to ask how much to take and how to administer it. Any problems or need more info, flick me a message.

Thanks...yeah I did think about that. I did have bloodwork done last year and my doc said I was “low normal”. So I went with that and purchased the test-e on my own. When I eventually did see the actual numbers of my blood work..I wasn’t low normal...some where in the middle...anyway went for bloodwork again today..bio test, estrogen, prolactin, CBC, liver profile. Results should be in in a week or so. I’ll keep you posted. For what it’s worth I do feel somewhat normal today.

21 hours ago, CanadaJim said:

Thanks...yeah I did think about that. I did have bloodwork done last year and my doc said I was “low normal”. So I went with that and purchased the test-e on my own. When I eventually did see the actual numbers of my blood work..I wasn’t low normal...some where in the middle...anyway went for bloodwork again today..bio test, estrogen, prolactin, CBC, liver profile. Results should be in in a week or so. I’ll keep you posted. For what it’s worth I do feel somewhat normal today.

Good man, this will clear up any confusion and take all the guess work out of it. 👍

once you see what your issue is you can aim at fixing specifically that problem and get yourself back to normal. 

Keep us posted mate. 

So..numbers came in...everything but the test numbers 🙄
...estradiol serum - 112 pmol/l normal - less than 162pmol/l
...prolactin 6.8ng/ml - normal 3.5 - 19.4
...TSH - 1.233 - normal - 0.350 - 4.940 mIU/L
No flags in the CBC/Diff

I’ll post the test numbers when I receive them

So by the looks of it my estradiol is on the high end of normal...so hopefully that means it is decreasing or regaining homeostatic levels...I’m sure my test will come back below normal but hopefully that is levelling out as well. Feeling better 

So...testosterone numbers came in...

Testo - 19.3nmol/l  normal values are 9.5 - 30

Sex Hormone - 51.8nmol/l  normal values are 11.0 - 50.0 (some articles state the normal range 10.0 - 57.0)

Testo, bioavail - 7.5nmol/l  normal values 4.8 - 14.0

So it looks like (according to this test) that my sex hormone being a touch high indicates lower than normal testosterone. I'm thinking that these numbers are leveling out because i am feeling much better. 

The whole gyno thing did have me freaking out because my nipples and the area around my nipples have changed. Nipples are bigger and i have a slight blanching of the skin surrounding the nipple (kind of a bulls eye). The itchiness has subsided but it still rears it's head (slightly) at certain times of the day. I'm hoping everything will return to normal as the numbers return to normal.

I felt amazing when i took the test. It is really tempting to try it again but start at a much lower dose like maybe 75mg (0.3ml) every 7-10 days rather than 250mg (1ml) every two weeks. Still not sure as i don't want to end up in this predicament again. Thanks for all the info. Comments and suggestions welcome.

think we already discussed this somewhere, but I would get on a longer halflife testosterone if you wanted to try again.

test-d for example

or half the testosterone and use half EQ...

honestly EQ is underrated for HRT ... converts to estrogen at half the rate of testosterone and converts to DHB not DHT (better for hairline). Longer half-life, less water, more RBC is a testosterone derivative unlike deca..  stuff is money for moderate cycles