NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
jimmybro1

Game Changers

Anyone see the documentary on Netflix's ? 

Rather biased towards plant based, but still interesting especially around inflammation from animal proteins and influence on blood properties. 

Anyone with medical background to challenge findings from the information they presented in the documentary ? 

45 minutes ago, jimmybro1 said:

Anyone see the documentary on Netflix's ? 

Rather biased towards plant based, but still interesting especially around inflammation from animal proteins and influence on blood properties. 

Anyone with medical background to challenge findings from the information they presented in the documentary ? 

Recently watched, the data I have doesn't seem to support plant based only..

On 10/31/2019 at 5:27 PM, Daz69 said:

Recently watched, the data I have doesn't seem to support plant based only..

About to expand a little ? 

Ive done a plant based diet for about 6 months a couple years ago and recently started a flexible type of plant based diet. 

I believe I was consuming far to much animal proteins previously... as most young  athletes do. 

8 hours ago, jimmybro1 said:

About to expand a little ? 

Ive done a plant based diet for about 6 months a couple years ago and recently started a flexible type of plant based diet. 

I believe I was consuming far to much animal proteins previously... as most young  athletes do. 

There seems to be a shift away from anything that induces a chronic release of insulin (insulinemia), high carbs and sugar are out as are some fruits, except berries.. (too many extreme athletes are presenting with metabolic syndrome due to high carb intake).. 

Fats are back in as the preferred energy source, and protein is lowered, as excess can produce glucose via gluconeogenesis..

Red meat is ok but lower dose advised due to TMAO..

Green leafy veggie intake is advise high for fiber (healthy gut microbiome)and nutritional content..

There is suggestion amino acid spectrum with plant based can be incomplete, or to derive at adequate daily protein allowance from plants increases daily calorie count too high..

The vegan lobby can be almost fanatical in their ideology, I don't doubt a mostly fresh, organic, plant based diet would be healthy, but with the inclusion of animal protein, but not high, just enough to get essential nutrients..

We are meat eaters, and have been for millions of years, meat determined our biology, we have a hydrochloric acid metabolism for digesting and breaking down meat..

I worked as an archaeologist for over 10 years, my soil samples from sites of habitation contained butchered animal bones, we ate meat.... 

The vegan lobby might argue we didn't or lie about our ancient history to suit their agenda, that in itself might explain a lot..

14 hours ago, Daz69 said:

There seems to be a shift away from anything that induces a chronic release of insulin (insulinemia), high carbs and sugar are out as are some fruits, except berries.. (too many extreme athletes are presenting with metabolic syndrome due to high carb intake).. 

Fats are back in as the preferred energy source, and protein is lowered, as excess can produce glucose via gluconeogenesis..

Red meat is ok but lower dose advised due to TMAO..

Green leafy veggie intake is advise high for fiber (healthy gut microbiome)and nutritional content..

There is suggestion amino acid spectrum with plant based can be incomplete, or to derive at adequate daily protein allowance from plants increases daily calorie count too high..

The vegan lobby can be almost fanatical in their ideology, I don't doubt a mostly fresh, organic, plant based diet would be healthy, but with the inclusion of animal protein, but not high, just enough to get essential nutrients..

We are meat eaters, and have been for millions of years, meat determined our biology, we have a hydrochloric acid metabolism for digesting and breaking down meat..

I worked as an archaeologist for over 10 years, my soil samples from sites of habitation contained butchered animal bones, we ate meat.... 

The vegan lobby might argue we didn't or lie about our ancient history to suit their agenda, that in itself might explain a lot..

Interesting the statement about sugars and fruits, I'm assuming the fruits and berries higher in fiber have less influence on release of insulin ? 

A balance is what I am going for, I have significantly reduced animal protein consumption to only make up about 20-30% for my daily calorific intake the remainder from plant based sources. 

Vegans are extremist activist, this is why I refer to it as plant based to avoid the association.