NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Tasaz

Side effects of test e

On 01/09/2019 at 11:22 PM, Tasaz said:

Just started my 1st test E cycle 3 weeks in just wondering what I need to counteract side effects ? 

lower dose until side effects subside...

Don't start...seriously...but that's just my inexperienced opinion. I was interested in taking testosterone after I had some blood work done and was told by my doc that I was "low normal". Now I've been bodybuilding for years. In good shape. Eat healthy. I'm 52 and I was noticing a dip in energy, libido, overall wellbeing.  So I broke my own rule and diagnosed myself. You know what they say...if you treat yourself you have a fool as a patient...I figured I must have low test not just low normal as my doc had said. So I researched it. Discovered that Test-e would be good, but I would start it at a much much lower dose than most bodybuilders do. My plan was just to "top up my levels" if you will.  I found some online, ordered it and a few days later it was in my mailbox. I started with a 1ml(250mg) IM injection. Easy enough, and I have to say within a day or two I felt amazing. Really amazing. My plan was to inject every two weeks. So I injected another 1ml two weeks to the day after my first injection. Then within a few days of that injection my nipples started getting puffy and itchy, my stomach felt bloated and I just didn't "feel right". So back to google I went. Damn...could this be gyne? From what I was reading, yes it could be. So I decided..nah...I don't want this so I took the advice of the internet "geniuses" and decided that my next injection would be half a ml and I would continuing halving the dose until I was done. So I tapered off. That was months ago and I'm still not the same. Nipples are still itchy...extremely itchy at times. Libido has been in the basement. Sense of wellbeing not nearly as good. According to the research I should have been able to come off easy due to the low dose and short duration of the cycle. But I'm tellin ya, it's not that simple. I'm hoping things stabilize. But I'm also hoping I didn't mess my system up for good.  So I guess I'm saying...don't start. But like I said in the beginning I am inexperienced. Google is not a good endocrinologist. Do your research before sticking yourself with needles.

7 hours ago, CanadaJim said:

Don't start...seriously...but that's just my inexperienced opinion. I was interested in taking testosterone after I had some blood work done and was told by my doc that I was "low normal". Now I've been bodybuilding for years. In good shape. Eat healthy. I'm 52 and I was noticing a dip in energy, libido, overall wellbeing.  So I broke my own rule and diagnosed myself. You know what they say...if you treat yourself you have a fool as a patient...I figured I must have low test not just low normal as my doc had said. So I researched it. Discovered that Test-e would be good, but I would start it at a much much lower dose than most bodybuilders do. My plan was just to "top up my levels" if you will.  I found some online, ordered it and a few days later it was in my mailbox. I started with a 1ml(250mg) IM injection. Easy enough, and I have to say within a day or two I felt amazing. Really amazing. My plan was to inject every two weeks. So I injected another 1ml two weeks to the day after my first injection. Then within a few days of that injection my nipples started getting puffy and itchy, my stomach felt bloated and I just didn't "feel right". So back to google I went. Damn...could this be gyne? From what I was reading, yes it could be. So I decided..nah...I don't want this so I took the advice of the internet "geniuses" and decided that my next injection would be half a ml and I would continuing halving the dose until I was done. So I tapered off. That was months ago and I'm still not the same. Nipples are still itchy...extremely itchy at times. Libido has been in the basement. Sense of wellbeing not nearly as good. According to the research I should have been able to come off easy due to the low dose and short duration of the cycle. But I'm tellin ya, it's not that simple. I'm hoping things stabilize. But I'm also hoping I didn't mess my system up for good.  So I guess I'm saying...don't start. But like I said in the beginning I am inexperienced. Google is not a good endocrinologist. Do your research before sticking yourself with needles.

what was your bloodwork/numbers like before and during? Test/E2/RBC/HDL/blood pressure etc..

a doctor is going to look at your numbers and then provide a hypothesis, that in its self has its own pros and cons.

right off the bat test-e has a half life of 4 days, so any longer between shots and there's going to be fluctuations in hormone levels which can cause drama. A lot of guys cruising on 250mg-300mg will go for testosterone-decanoate if they want to shoot every 4 days because it's more stable than test-e (longer 7 day half-life)

more importantly aside from just what testosterone does to the body, you have all its derivatives (DHT, E2 etc) which then have their own derivatives (3a-Anderostanediol for DHT etc) All of which have their own secondary effects on the body and are also all neurosteroids affecting the brain .. also you have certain sensitivities/desensitization that have accumulated over your entire life.

If you've spent 30+ years of your adulthood natural then you throw in 250mg of testosterone-e, there's going to be some calibrating... there's just such a myriad of 2ndary effects/chain of effect etc... I would be more surprised if you felt normal after 2 weeks even if you were dosing with the correct frequency

there's a period you need to ride out until your body reestablishes homeostasis, and when you have a fluctuating / changing catalyst. It's going to mess with calibration... especially when the system has been operating a certain way for 30+ years.

I'm not saying you should go back on, or that the internet doesn't have pitfalls.. but you get what you pay for.. that goes for $$ spent, but time spent researching too.

11 hours ago, yeelang said:

what was your bloodwork/numbers like before and during? Test/E2/RBC/HDL/blood pressure etc..

a doctor is going to look at your numbers and then provide a hypothesis, that in its self has its own pros and cons.

right off the bat test-e has a half life of 4 days, so any longer between shots and there's going to be fluctuations in hormone levels which can cause drama. A lot of guys cruising on 250mg-300mg will go for testosterone-decanoate if they want to shoot every 4 days because it's more stable than test-e (longer 7 day half-life)

more importantly aside from just what testosterone does to the body, you have all its derivatives (DHT, E2 etc) which then have their own derivatives (3a-Anderostanediol for DHT etc) All of which have their own secondary effects on the body and are also all neurosteroids affecting the brain .. also you have certain sensitivities/desensitization that have accumulated over your entire life.

If you've spent 30+ years of your adulthood natural then you throw in 250mg of testosterone-e, there's going to be some calibrating... there's just such a myriad of 2ndary effects/chain of effect etc... I would be more surprised if you felt normal after 2 weeks even if you were dosing with the correct frequency

there's a period you need to ride out until your body reestablishes homeostasis, and when you have a fluctuating / changing catalyst. It's going to mess with calibration... especially when the system has been operating a certain way for 30+ years.

I'm not saying you should go back on, or that the internet doesn't have pitfalls.. but you get what you pay for.. that goes for $$ spent, but time spent researching too.

Thanks for the info...yes you're right. you definitely get what you paid for. I did research what product I was going to use and even thought there was conflicting advice on injection frequency, dosage etc I went with test-e. I was reading about these guys injecting 500mg or more on a weekly or twice weekly basis and then having to add the AI's etc. I didn't want that. I just wanted to go minimal, like I said...top up my levels. From what I read it appeared that a lower dose (which I thought 250mg bi weekly would be) wouldn't need the addition of an AI to keep estrogen at bay. When the itchy puffy nipples started I was concerned, but from what I read, most articles stated it would settle down. It didn't really. So I tapered off. I work hard in the gym, always have been natty. I've used test boosters (bogus products I know) through the years and always looked down on these veiny freakish roid users at the gym. My goal wasn't to become one of them. I wasn't looking to gain, just maintain. When my doc said I was low normal for test it made sense. Yes I'm 52. Things are liable to change but I was hoping to maybe put my levels up to where they were say 20 years ago. And I have to say, that first 2 weeks...damn...I felt like twenty something again. But the thought of developing "man boobs" kinda put a negative swing on things. I think things are stabilizing. It's been quite a while since my last injection. You know, I felt amazing those first 2 weeks, but have felt like crap since. I'm just not sure if it's worth it. If you have any advice for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Do I hit an AI like Novadex at this point? Do I start again? Or do I just ride it out

14 hours ago, CanadaJim said:

Thanks for the info...yes you're right. you definitely get what you paid for. I did research what product I was going to use and even thought there was conflicting advice on injection frequency, dosage etc I went with test-e. I was reading about these guys injecting 500mg or more on a weekly or twice weekly basis and then having to add the AI's etc. I didn't want that. I just wanted to go minimal, like I said...top up my levels. From what I read it appeared that a lower dose (which I thought 250mg bi weekly would be) wouldn't need the addition of an AI to keep estrogen at bay. When the itchy puffy nipples started I was concerned, but from what I read, most articles stated it would settle down. It didn't really. So I tapered off. I work hard in the gym, always have been natty. I've used test boosters (bogus products I know) through the years and always looked down on these veiny freakish roid users at the gym. My goal wasn't to become one of them. I wasn't looking to gain, just maintain. When my doc said I was low normal for test it made sense. Yes I'm 52. Things are liable to change but I was hoping to maybe put my levels up to where they were say 20 years ago. And I have to say, that first 2 weeks...damn...I felt like twenty something again. But the thought of developing "man boobs" kinda put a negative swing on things. I think things are stabilizing. It's been quite a while since my last injection. You know, I felt amazing those first 2 weeks, but have felt like crap since. I'm just not sure if it's worth it. If you have any advice for me I'd greatly appreciate it. Do I hit an AI like Novadex at this point? Do I start again? Or do I just ride it out

There's a few too many variables to know what exactly is going on, you really need bloodwork done and you need to be able to compare to normal levels.

if you didn't get bloodwork done before starting or while on, then I would start there. Any additional changes you make / homeostasis you can objectively see what's going on.

right now it could be there are sensitivity issues going on with receptors, or metabolites of hormones lingering, lack of test production

I think if you do decide you want to go back on, then you need to do a bit more research, there are some doctors in the US that are pro-HRT and will do a skype call with you for a fee, they will be able to give you the best advice from a professional point of view and would save you trying to work out what's right and wrong on the internet.

my 2c If you do decide to go back on, use an app like https://steroidcalc.com/  to work out what frequency you need with which compound to get stable blood levels and research a bit more how long until you can expect all 2ndary effects/derivative hormones to find homeostasis. Also I'd research what you can take to keep your LH/FSH active while on.