NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Samcappz

Need advice regarding lowering body fat

Hey team, currently on the gymming and have been doing so for about 3 years. Sitting at 85kg with about 16-18% bodyfat. Am still carryin a little extra around the mid, can just see a faint outline where the 6pack should be.  Am about 5 foot, 11. I want to lower my body fat and ideally gain some size.

Currently work out for roughly an hour as follows:

Monday: Chest

Tuesday: Arms

Wednesday: Back

Thursday: Shoulders and Abs

Friday: Legs

Eating currently is:

Breakie

3 poached eggs

1 grain toast

2 black coffees

Lunch

Subway with rye grain bread (sub of day with no cheese and low fat sauce)

Afternoon tea

1x scoop of nutratech whey gold protein

Tea 

200g of meat

1/2 cup of either pumpkin/potato/kumara etc

1/2 cup broccoli or similar

IMG_20171204_113256.jpg

IMG_20171204_113250.jpg

Hey man, I saw your DM and replied for your stats but just saw this so here goes...

You’re not eating enough protein.

you need more day to day consistency.

Dietary fat is probably too low. Carbs are also probably too low.

id start by increasing all cals to create some room to move then adjust as required. 

just my opinion. . . If you’re thinking about using tren as per your other thread I strongly suggest you don’t and get your food/training perfect first

High fats, slightly more protein, drop grains, increase green vegetables, drop starchy carbs like potatoes, no rice or pasta ..

Keto..

You need to find your maintenance calories then reduce by 500 calories. Your diet needs overhauling. You may need more meals to stop you from getting hungry and going off your diet.  No keto needed, carbs are not your enemy. Eat clean everyday with good water intake.

8 hours ago, muscle99 said:

You need to find your maintenance calories then reduce by 500 calories. Your diet needs overhauling. You may need more meals to stop you from getting hungry and going off your diet.  No keto needed, carbs are not your enemy. Eat clean everyday with good water intake.

Keto works better thats why I recommended it..

Any carb source that elevates insulin can induce fat storage, then subsequently not allow release of triglycerides for energy burning due to hormone specific lipase blocking that action...

Carbs aren’t gonna cause fat gain if you’re in a deficit.

if you go straight into Keto at this guys body fat %, eating the way that he’s been eating, you’re backing yourself into a wall and not giving the metabolsim a chance to speed up and do its thing. Get some structure, hit your food groups, fuel training, fat loss will take place 

its not complicated 

7 hours ago, trainlikeafreak said:

Carbs aren’t gonna cause fat gain if you’re in a deficit.

if you go straight into Keto at this guys body fat %, eating the way that he’s been eating, you’re backing yourself into a wall and not giving the metabolsim a chance to speed up and do its thing. Get some structure, hit your food groups, fuel training, fat loss will take place 

its not complicated 

Do your research on LPL, and HSL, via insulin release..

The whole first law of thermodynamics calories in V calories out has been debunked..

4 hours ago, Daz69 said:

Do your research on LPL, and HSL, via insulin release..

The whole first law of thermodynamics calories in V calories out has been debunked..

I prefer using real life examples