• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi there everyone!!! :grin:

im new to this site but am a regular visiter and user of Bodybuilding.com. :nod:

Ive been hitting the gym for about 2-4 months now? .

Squat and bench ok but deadlifts are bad for me since i got bad form so starting light.

Am second year University of Auckland student studying commerece and asian languages

(Thort id give a intro since im new here -sorry if i bored you guys(and girls:D)

anywaysssssss

My mate works at a supplement store and he tells me PVL is good.

Im a 6pack wanabee and want one and have done alot of HIIT cardio before and minimise my junk food.I dont really diet but i just dont eat rubbish food (not sure if it makes sense to peopl?).

Anyways

in long story short, should I get the massgainer?

The things im confused on are:

1) doesnt muscle just need protein PRIMARILY to make new muscle?

so whats with the calorie talk? I know that you need to eat more calories a day to gain weight but I mean im trying to lose my belly fat and also gain muscle.I have gained muscle no doubt with my workout routine.

so yea A bit sidetracked again but should I get PVL? or not?

Is true mass a better choice?

I.e i just dont want to gain the wasit/belly fat that i worked SO hard to lose by running 3x a week doing interval training and morning running.

I sitll got alot of belly fat left but its like the 'last part if u get me..Only by diet,cardio and intense weights would it shred.(I.e the PVLS 1000 calories per 4 scoops(one serving?) would basically counteract my cardio)

So Long story short ..

What poweder do I get If I want to gain in size?

there are SOOOO many poweders out there.Each one saying ''This is lighs years ahead of current research(like the PVL description on BB.Com and supplementsidirect.co.nz)

%100 whey on BB.com is a good choice or na?( I cant find that in a NZ store??) :doh:

So yea to summarise my questions:

1)is PVL worth getting considering I want to get stronger in the 3 big compouds, lose belly fat and since Im also doing cardio on separate days as well as postworkout 20mins on the eliptical. :shock:

2)is their massgainers that dont have the huge amoun of calories like PVL? (truemass)?

or would it not get me fat since the sites say only to take it once after a workout?

(but i mean Protein poweders are cool in the fact that you can take them 1-3 times a day if you dont have protein food on ya ( not a substitute for diet no way I know I know)

So yea!!!!

thanks so much for everyone whos read this and Id really appreciate if anyone can answer my questions(all if possible :)

Cheers again

Ali

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of mass gainer powders. Mutant Mass has huge serving sizes (130 to 260 gms) which means that each serve ends up being pretty expensive.

The point behind a mass gainer is to get in extra carbs and fat. My personal perspective is that you can do this alot cheaper yourself and that way you have more control over what you are actually taking in. I would prefer to buy a purer protein powder and then just use eat food for the extra calories to put on size.

Mutant Mass is around 50% protein, something like EatMe is around 80% if you buy the concentrate or 90% if you buy the isolate meaning you get alot more muscle fuel for your buck.

Particularly if you wanna pop some abs (depending on current bf% and your body tye) your going to have to have a pretty controlled diet.

In saying that though, I don't think there is any question the Mutant Mass does what it intends to do - puts on size - heaps of people, including my flatmate, swear by it.

Yeah, from the sounds of it you'd be better off with a Whey Protein, youll find Whey Maxx on special at the moment as well.

Like what Nicko said, mass gainers have the calories, carbs, fat to bulk easier. But i generally find i do get a little bit of fat on my stomach. (Though when i want it gone it takes like 2 weeks :) )

Mutant Mass works very well though, i find with the High Proteins im gaining strength but very little weight/size. So i just take both at different times.

I've tried Chocolate, Vanilla and Cookies and Cream so far. On its own i probably prefer Cookies & Cream with milk, just like the icecream without the fatty taste to it.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of mass gainer powders. Mutant Mass has huge serving sizes (130 to 260 gms) which means that each serve ends up being pretty expensive.

The point behind a mass gainer is to get in extra carbs and fat. My personal perspective is that you can do this alot cheaper yourself and that way you have more control over what you are actually taking in. I would prefer to buy a purer protein powder and then just use eat food for the extra calories to put on size.

Mutant Mass is around 50% protein, something like EatMe is around 80% if you buy the concentrate or 90% if you buy the isolate meaning you get alot more muscle fuel for your buck.

Particularly if you wanna pop some abs (depending on current bf% and your body tye) your going to have to have a pretty controlled diet.

In saying that though, I don't think there is any question the Mutant Mass does what it intends to do - puts on size - heaps of people, including my flatmate, swear by it.

Hey dude how long before your mates noticed a diffrence in size when taking Mutant Ass?

Hey there everyone thanks for the super fast reply! :)

I didnt get any email from this site saying i got a reply ?(couldnt find control panel for email settings on this forum?)

The thing that bugs me is that id take a shake prob 1-3 times a day ..one postworkout ...once morning ...and one later on at nite...

but with PVL MM its only after workout since the other times itl get me fat ?

( the supplementsdirect.co.nz site says take it after workouts)-->no mention of other times like other powders are used? :doh:

I agree eating alot is hard for students ..well at least to bulk up cleanly.

Lol im such a indecisive person.

Anything else I should know?

Thanks again!!

• 4 weeks later...
Yeh i have to admit I felt bloody sick the first time I ever tried Mutant Ass....I bought the Strawberry and banana and had it with milk......yuck......I was this close to puking it all up........i never buy that flavour anymore its rank.....I just stick to the Chocolate with water........although I do have it with milk before bed wth a banana and oats. But NEVER again the strawberry and banana....waaaay too sickly and sweet.

I felt ill too, with the vanilla, and that was with 3 scoops! 4 must be like swallowing that shake Arnie makes in End of Days...

2 scoops was just the ticket and the body has a nice sigh as it goes in :)

Am on Horley's Awesome Mass at the moment, because it was cheap, but I prefer the Mutant Mass...

Hey dude how long before your mates noticed a diffrence in size when taking Mutant Ass?

Sorry PUTJ, only noticed your post now.

Um, he was on it for about 3 months wand started noticing mass gains after sorta 2-3 weeks. He ate like shit though (i.e. not much) so I would expect you could make faster gains though.

Not sure if that is what you want though, quick gains aren't necessarily good gains IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry PUTJ, only noticed your post now.

Um, he was on it for about 3 months wand started noticing mass gains after sorta 2-3 weeks. He ate like shit though (i.e. not much) so I would expect you could make faster gains though.

Not sure if that is what you want though, quick gains aren't necessarily good gains IMO.

Hey man. I was eating well not so long ago, but since I got a new night shift job my appetite has been almost non existent. I take quite a bit of caffiene to keep me going through the night which i know ruins my appetite, but i cant do without it........