Test cycle

Right guys, I have a serious question.

been training for about 7 years, 26 years old, 5”11 and about 81kg.

ive been thinking of running a cycle for a long time.  I’m caught between what I want to do, some people are telling me to take 250mg twice weekly, for 12-15 weeks then taking PCT for 4 weeks. 

And today I spoke to my trainer about it, who has been in the game for a long time, he’s old school as. But has pretty much told me that taking 500mg a week is damn stupid for a beginner and I should only take 250mg once weekly, and I wouldn’t even need PCT for this amount (that got me concerned) and that amount of test with a good training programme and meal plan would be plenty for my first cycle. And if i don’t notice anything, then up the dose. Does any one have any proven evidence on this? Not to sure what to do, when every one else is telling me that he’s talking a load of rubbish, but then he seemed concerned when I told him I was gonna take that amount. Any help would be appreciated.

52 minutes ago, WarBringer said:

Right guys, I have a serious question.

been training for about 7 years, 26 years old, 5”11 and about 81kg.

ive been thinking of running a cycle for a long time.  I’m caught between what I want to do, some people are telling me to take 250mg twice weekly, for 12-15 weeks then taking PCT for 4 weeks. 

And today I spoke to my trainer about it, who has been in the game for a long time, he’s old school as. But has pretty much told me that taking 500mg a week is damn stupid for a beginner and I should only take 250mg once weekly, and I wouldn’t even need PCT for this amount (that got me concerned) and that amount of test with a good training programme and meal plan would be plenty for my first cycle. And if i don’t notice anything, then up the dose. Does any one have any proven evidence on this? Not too sure what to do, when everyone else is telling me that he’s talking a load of rubbish, but then he seemed concerned when I told him I was gonna take that amount. Any help would be appreciated.

Obviously a larger dose should yield greater effect, but has likelyhood to induce greater side effects.. That is basic pharmacodynamics there is plenty information out there to show this statement is correct..

Given your height and current bodyweight 250mg/week (possibly split into 2 doses of 125mg ) might better suit your personal physiology.. 

You shouldn't require PCT as in my opinion it's a load of bollocks, taking care of the testes on-cycle to avoid damage via the supplementation of antioxidants, might seem more prudent, as opposed to trying to restart testicular function once sertoli and leydig cells are dead or damaged..

Train hard and eat well...

Thanks man, appreciate your advice. Will take this into consideration. I did get told that taking less then 300mg a week is almost pointless. I don’t think that is true, because either way I’ll have mor test in my body. But then some people are saying 500mg is an entry level dose. Seems a lot though,  my trainer is taking that now.  And he said if I start on that and keep doing it then I’ll

end up taking heaps. I only want to run 1 or two cycles though. I don’t want to take it for life. Also why do you think that about pct? What have you taken after cycles? If I was to only take 125mg twice weekly, what would you recommend doing to get your natural test levels back? Because I got told to NEVER start a cycle with out having some sort of PCT on hand.

Have you considered an Anavar cycle or a SARM such as ostarine. If it’s not a long term vision to use AAS and it’s not for a sporting purpose they are options worthy of consideration.

1ml/250mg a week will do the trick. Your training just has to be hard and consistent as well as your food intake.  On 500mg/week you can afford to skip some training days and not eat as much and yield the same results. Which of course is not advised but it’s just a fact of the matter when you’re taking double the amount of testosterone.

If I knew you and you asked me which, if you were lazy and inconsistent I would first say nothing then I would say 500. If you were motivated and knew your stuff I would say 250.

As for pct, yes you want to do a pct.

13 hours ago, WarBringer said:

Thanks man, appreciate your advice. Will take this into consideration. I did get told that taking less then 300mg a week is almost pointless. I don’t think that is true, because either way I’ll have mor test in my body. But then some people are saying 500mg is an entry level dose. Seems a lot though,  my trainer is taking that now.  And he said if I start on that and keep doing it then I’ll

end up taking heaps. I only want to run 1 or two cycles though. I don’t want to take it for life. Also why do you think that about pct? What have you taken after cycles? If I was to only take 125mg twice weekly, what would you recommend doing to get your natural test levels back? Because I got told to NEVER start a cycle without having some sort of PCT on hand.

I personally try to reduce harms from AAS on-cycle (via use of antioxidants Taurine 3g - Royal Jelly 1g), and I use incredibly small doses compared to what's typically promoted online, just enough to push me into upper-normal and slightly-supraphysiologic levels over the duration of a progressively up-tapering cycle. I would use ten times that amount in the past with no noticeable improvement in long-term gains or progress.

The use of SERMs is no guarantee of recovery whatsoever. And guys kid themselves if they think using HCG to maintain testes size on cycle is going to protect them from harmful effects on-cycle - it does not... 

Generally speaking LH/FSH come back within days of the end of a cycle, making most PCT drugs utterly pointless. The issue seems to be the failure of the message (LH/FSH) to get through to the testes, possibly because of massive leydig cell death...  Although some people are naturally less affected, probably because they have higher innate levels of antioxidants like glutathione...

A recent study highlights just how hard it is for former AAS users to recover natural testosterone levels after they finish using steroids. To be clear, this doesn't really elucidate which compounds are easier or harder on the HPTA - we already know nandrolone is spectacularly hard to recover from, but at least 8 compounds were used by more than 50% of the cohort - just that as a group it's unlikely we'll ever recover to pre-steroid levels or to those comparable with age-matched non-users.

So what help is the study? Well it does give us three things to consider:

(1) prospective new users of AAS should always be made aware that recovery is not a foregone conclusion, and that they may never recover former levels of testosterone

(2) most PCTs are a complete waste of time and money in the long-run, even if they may temporarily boost test levels

(3) taking as many precautions as possible to protect the HPTA (and especially testes) from free-radical damage should be prioritised on cycle (eg. controlling aromatase/oestrogen levels, using supplements like curcumin, royal jelly and taurine).

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0161208

I 100% AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE SAID. 

The only part I disagree with is “if you don’t notice it increase the dose”. If you don’t notice it training or diet is off. 100% you will grow like a weed so why take more?

8 weeks would probably suffice in my honest opinion.

very good advice from your trainer. 500mgs plus first cycle is what’s mostly advised but in all seriousness it’s just overkill.

If you are only going to do one or two cycles dont even bother. In reality youll probably end up doing a lot more if you start. If you stop I doubt you'll go back to training natty for any decent length of time as youll either get back on or give up.

Why not take 300-400mg/week? Not like it has to be taken in integer multiples of 250mg/week as you can adjust both the frequency and the volume per injection.