NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Wooster

'Mild cut' first 4 wks of Test-e cycle - does it Make sense?

As Test-enanthate is a relatively long ester - does it make ANY sense to use the first 3-4 wks of a test-only cycle to focus on cutting some of the last flab, with a moderate cal restriction whilst keeping protein high? I expect mass gains to gradually start coming once peak concentration is reached by about wk 5...

At BF14% now, I'm busy cutting cals and doing 3x weekly HIIT on crosstainer along with my weights to get cut enough to start 1st cycle, and am wondering if I shud use the above approach.

Just because it takes 4 weeks to peak doesn’t mean it takes 4 weeks to work. People seem to have it in their heads that when they take test e/c the first 4 weeks do nothing. After the first week the gear will be doing something!

i agree with the above. Why not just finish the cut before you start? So you can aggressively bump calories when you start your cycle from a lean start point 

On 10/04/2019 at 4:21 AM, Wooster said:

As Test-enanthate is a relatively long ester - does it make ANY sense to use the first 3-4 wks of a test-only cycle to focus on cutting some of the last flab, with a moderate cal restriction whilst keeping protein high? I expect mass gains to gradually start coming once peak concentration is reached by about wk 5...

At BF14% now, I'm busy cutting cals and doing 3x weekly HIIT on crosstrainer along with my weights to get cut enough to start 1st cycle, and am wondering if I shud use the above approach.

Half-life of enanthate is just over 4 days, so not what you read on most popular steroid boards..

Should peak blood plasma levels by about 20 days, but kicks in at roughly 2 hours after first injection..