NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
lmdlmd

Had my appointment with the Tauranga Endo - IT DID NOT GO WELL! (HELP!!)

Hey everyone,

So I had an appointment with my endo last year in OCT. My levels were

Total test: 224 ng/dl (250 - 950)

LH: 2.0 (2-10)

FSH 2.1 (2-10).

He recommended TRT but I declined as I wanted kids in the future.

This year after increasing side effects of low T and freezing my sperm I’ve gone back.

I’ve had several bloods all similar to this but my most recent ones are…

Total test: 252ng/dl (250 - 950)

LH: 2.7 U/L

FSH: 2.9 U/L

I expected to have no issue getting my testosterone prescription for this but he now says that I’m ‘fine’ because i’m now technically in range. I tried to show him how I am at the very bottom of the range and for my age (24) I’m well below but he just would not listen. He said we will do bloods over the next three months and if I go under range then he MIGHT prescribe the test. Worst yet he said he will only be willing to prescribe REANDRON every twelve weeks. (WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!). He also says there’s no way you can use HCG with TRT at the same time (ARGH!)

Now I don’t know what to do. He is clearly useless. But in my country (New Zealand) he is my only option using our public healthcare. What can I do? I’ve started trying to research private endo’s (there’s none in my city but there is a couple in other cities). Who else could I look for privately? I just don’t know what to do. Did not expect to not get my prescription. HELP!

1 hour ago, lmdlmd said:

Hey everyone,

So I had an appointment with my endo last year in OCT. My levels were

Total test: 224 ng/dl (250 - 950)

LH: 2.0 (2-10)

FSH 2.1 (2-10).

He recommended TRT but I declined as I wanted kids in the future.

This year after increasing side effects of low T and freezing my sperm I’ve gone back.

I’ve had several bloods all similar to this but my most recent ones are…

Total test: 252ng/dl (250 - 950)

LH: 2.7 U/L

FSH: 2.9 U/L

I expected to have no issue getting my testosterone prescription for this but he now says that I’m ‘fine’ because i’m now technically in range. I tried to show him how I am at the very bottom of the range and for my age (24) I’m well below but he just would not listen. He said we will do bloods over the next three months and if I go under range then he MIGHT prescribe the test. Worst yet he said he will only be willing to prescribe REANDRON every twelve weeks. (WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!). He also says there’s no way you can use HCG with TRT at the same time (ARGH!)

Now I don’t know what to do. He is clearly useless. But in my country (New Zealand) he is my only option using our public healthcare. What can I do? I’ve started trying to research private endo’s (there’s none in my city but there is a couple in other cities). Who else could I look for privately? I just don’t know what to do. Did not expect to not get my prescription. HELP!

Unfortunately you are technically just within range.

Your Endo is probably cautious because exogenous testosterone will shut down your natural production, which is not best practice at your age.

I might try improving your natural testosterone via improving diet and HIIT cardio.. plenty healthy fats, nuts, seeds, as many fresh veggies and fruit as possible..

Hi Daz,

I was originally at 6.0 (172ng/dl) and 6.6 (190ng/dl) four years ago. Because I was so young, and did not want to go on TRT I tried everything I could to improve my levels (vit D supplementation, zinc, healthy diet, no alcohol, no smoke, gym). I've lived this way cleanly for the past few years. I managed to get my levels up to 11.3 (325ng/dl) around two years ago. However, they've continued to drop since then despite me trying my best to keep them up. The side effects of low T are harsher then they were in the past as well. 

19 hours ago, Daz69 said:

Unfortunately you are technically just within range.

Your Endo is probably cautious because exogenous testosterone will shut down your natural production, which is not best practice at your age.

I might try improving your natural testosterone via improving diet and HIIT cardio.. plenty healthy fats, nuts, seeds, as many fresh veggies and fruit as possible..

Last time I got checked same situation, was around 7ng/dl, then got retested and was just within range. If I get drunk the night before a blood test, will this put me below range at 9AM, and will it be obvious what I did?

Also for legitimate TRT purposes is reandron even that bad? Wouldnt think it would be approved if it was.

Been a few years since I got tested though, so could well be perfectly normal by now so will do a legit test soon anyway. (endo said depression at the time caused the result)

I’m probably not the best one to chime in considering Dr Daz gives the best advice there is to give but in saying that given your just over the range and it’s technically your decision you could look at different ways to lower your t prior to your next test. Maybe lay off any cardio and leg work in the coming days, few beers/wine the night before. Go extremely high on the protein for a few days prior and there are plenty of other foods which will assist you in lowering this.

On 21/08/2018 at 5:17 PM, lmdlmd said:

Hi lmdlmd

you might find this link useful https://www.testosteronewisdom.com/nvcoaching/

With Nelson helping, I would then change GP and hope fo a better outcome.

Get some of Nelsons books or watch his video’s on excel Male.com and YouTube.

Good luck

On 22/08/2018 at 2:06 PM, GyzzBrah said:

Been a few years since I got tested though, so could well be perfectly normal by now so will do a legit test soon anyway. (endo said depression at the time caused the result)

Depression can be caused by lack of estrogen (via lack of testosterone to convert to estrogen).. Estrogen modulates the enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase, which is responsible for serotonin synthesis.. Lack of Serotonin can cause suicidal/depressive tendencies..