NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Edzel

To cycle or not to?

Hello everyone,
I am new around so nice to meet you all! I am 21/m/72kg/1.72m/bf~11-12%, been training hard for the past 2 years, on and off since i was 17.
Training was mainly calisthenics when i first started, then transitioned to SL 5x5 then 3x5 and now a mixture of both StrongLifts and bodyweight training.

I am considering doing my first basic test cycle @500mg per week -tempted with the mood, psychological, strength gain. Plan is for a 1 cycle only and then maintain and keep training natty.
I have been doing plenty of reading on cycles and logs, etc since a few years ago but I decided to wait until I have plateaued. There's definitely much more to learn however so I wouldn't say that I have know it all.

So i ordered a lab test for pre cycle level. Test came back (very) high at 32.7nmol/L (ref range 9.0-25.0).
Now i am confused, if I already have high test to begin with then there is there a point that i start cycling?
I'm however not making much(if any) gains these days. Diet has admittedly not been perfect but I try to hit 2500-3000cal and 100-150g protein every day.
Goal is to gain mass and strength while maintaining calisthenics strength.

Would appreciate advice from the community. Thanks!

Bro i sooooo love the "plan is for 1 cycle only".  once you go to the dark side theres no turning back! 

Your young stay away from the gear, eat more, train more, it will all come together in good time.

21 hours ago, kiwicannon said:

Bro i sooooo love the "plan is for 1 cycle only".  once you go to the dark side theres no turning back! 

Your young stay away from the gear, eat more, train more, it will all come together in good time.

hahaha yeah hard. How many people I know that've done only '1 cycle'. 

1 hour ago, ratz99 said:

hahaha yeah hard. How many people I know that've done only '1 cycle'. 

yeah bro I'm sure i said that like 20yrs ago hahaha