NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
intern

Lame reason to lift...??

Hey guys so I'm 42, been a cyclist all my life and a climber/roleur, so on the lighter side of things (68kg when lean) and around 176cm. My Mrs, who is a real hottie, has taken a fancy to the more muscular appearance; she doesn't like it when I am 'cycling fit' because she doesn't like skinny blokes. We've been together for 14 years...Anyway, so now I have started gymming, basically pull ups and pushups and dumbbells/bench and that sort of thing (even when unfit, as I am now, I can do 15 pull ups) and now want to add a bit of extra bulk, which is totally weird for someone like me as I have spent most of my training time in the past getting as lean as possible. I've never used PEDs while cycling, not into cheating and that, but now I want to get some gear to build a muscle or two. Hopefully I can learn a bit here..

Yeah, cycling and bodybuilding don't really go together. One keeps you light and lean, the other you're trying to gain size. It can be done, of course, but the two sports will constantly be fighting each other.

If you're still training for cycling, you'll need to eat a shitload more than "regular" bulking gym-goers... purely because the extra cardio you're doing is burning up everything you eat as fuel.

It's simply physics - calories in versus calories out. Steroids aren't going to help you there.

Thanks for the replies chaps. Yes, been doing plenty reading which confirms what you're saying. Not really on the bike any longer (and wouldn't be, if this happens). Not that keen on roids TBH because of deca dick, premature ageing, hair loss and shrunken nads...I look under 35 and I like that fact rather a lot.

And yep, fully get the calories in/out thing; when racing 7 day events like the Cape Epic, we'd eat like absolute horses and still lean out. Being keen on chow, loved the idea of 'if it's a calorie, EAT IT'...

On 27/07/2018 at 5:58 PM, Realtalk said:

This smells like bacon.

Besides that, I don’t think steroids are the answer. What if it turns your dick limp then what will your mrs do. 

Eat.

Sorry don't understand what you mean by 'this smells like bacon', do you mean I sound like a cop on a fishing expedition? Spose it might look a bit like that....speaking of cops and missions, did you see that policeman runner chap in Rotorua who got done for EPO...

Anyway, after watching a ton of youtube and doing a lot of reading, this sheet isn't for me. I've always been about exercising for health, not 'looking awesome but being half dead' walking. Stuff that...out.

If your been together for 14 years who cares.. 

Obviously your interests are else where in terms of sport, weightlifting will only hinder performance of these interests. Or do you feel insecure in your relationship? If so its probably not healthy, hottie or not.  

baha sounds like another shallow bitch who likes muscles. At least she's honest I guess. Most girls try bullshit and call out guys for being shallow.

Know how many sluts on Tinder don't wanna f*ck because they're not 'easy' until you send them a topless pic? Makes me lol every time.

On 02/08/2018 at 4:38 PM, ratz99 said:

baha sounds like another shallow bitch who likes muscles. At least she's honest I guess. Most girls try bullshit and call out guys for being shallow.

Know how many sluts on Tinder don't wanna f*ck because they're not 'easy' until you send them a topless pic? Makes me lol every time.

Muscle boys are some of the shallowest people on the planet, mate. All about the aesthetics, I mean how else do you explain synthol...and in fact roids probably fall into that definition, too.

Which doesn't make you wrong, of course (it is quite acceptable to be a hypocrite - see the tuquoque fallacy). There's plenty truth there, the Mrs has taken to spending too much time on social media (any time on SM is too much) getting unrealistic expectations for life, as one does. After 14 years, it's unsettling. She's become selfish and self absorbed, which never was the case before. Midlife crisis bollocks. Which does suck.

Anyway. All part of growing up eh.

On 02/08/2018 at 10:55 AM, jimmybro1 said:

If your been together for 14 years who cares.. 

Obviously your interests are else where in terms of sport, weightlifting will only hinder performance of these interests. Or do you feel insecure in your relationship? If so its probably not healthy, hottie or not.  

At least part of the reason we've been together 14 years is because I care a lot. But every man has his limits, and you are right, not healthy - and recent developments have indeed made me insecure for the first time since we got together in 2004...

7 hours ago, PETN said:

Pack your shit up and f*ck off or steal a plane and fly it into your house.

This thread still stinks of bullshit.

Lmao, f*ck I love when you rock up with the straight up comments

On 15/08/2018 at 2:12 AM, PETN said:

Pack your shit up and f*ck off or steal a plane and fly it into your house.

This thread still stinks of bullshit.

Well, thanks for that welcome. You stink like an a$$hole, which you undoubtedly are.

14 hours ago, intern said:

Well, thanks for that welcome. You stink like an a$$hole, which you undoubtedly are.

Rather be an asshole than some fake 68kg bitch whose story is so pathetic that the only logical explanation is they are working for the police or medsafe and the story is made up.

Play nicely, guys. There's no reason why Intern's story can't be true. Let's see...

- Man in troubled relationship joins bodybuilding forum in effort to impress his Mrs. Considers using steroids, but then decides that's not for him.

...or...

- Cop proactively on the hunt for steroid dealers joins dead-quiet bodybuilding forum, concocts elaborate back-story about why he needs steroids in the hopes that someone will PM him, then inexplicably does an about-turn and says he doesn't want gear any more.

I know which I think is more likely! Sounds like all that gear is making you guys paranoid! :-D

Oh, and @intern - I think PETN's comment was his suggestion on how to deal with a broken relationship, not a welcome to the forum. Not sure if that makes things better or worse!

On 8/25/2018 at 12:37 PM, Pseudonym said:

Play nicely, guys. There's no reason why Intern's story can't be true. Let's see...

- Man in troubled relationship joins bodybuilding forum in effort to impress his Mrs. Considers using steroids, but then decides that's not for him.

...or...

- Cop proactively on the hunt for steroid dealers joins dead-quiet bodybuilding forum, concocts elaborate back-story about why he needs steroids in the hopes that someone will PM him, then inexplicably does an about-turn and says he doesn't want gear any more.

I know which I think is more likely! Sounds like all that gear is making you guys paranoid! :-D

Oh, and @intern - I think PETN's comment was his suggestion on how to deal with a broken relationship, not a welcome to the forum. Not sure if that makes things better or worse!

Okay mom ❤️😂