NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
skinnyguy

Lean Muscle help

Any body builders that were skinny and have a high metabolism? I have been trying to gain lean muscle and I can't figure it out. I am much older now and I have a little bit more muscle but not lean muscle. Any pointers from similar lifters. I recently found this website, https://ternion3.wordpress.com/, that seems legit but I want to get some more advice before I spend money.  I also have a bodybuilding.com account and other blogs but the answers I get are more from young guys that say "Just lift heavier Bro" or some crap like that. HELP

1 hour ago, skinnyguy said:

Any body builders that were skinny and have a high metabolism? I have been trying to gain lean muscle and I can't figure it out. I am much older now and I have a little bit more muscle but not lean muscle. Any pointers from similar lifters. I recently found this website, https://ternion3.wordpress.com/, that seems legit but I want to get some more advice before I spend money.  I also have a bodybuilding.com account and other blogs but the answers I get are more from young guys that say "Just lift heavier Bro" or some crap like that. HELP

You probably simply aren't eating enough. Are you training hard?

No ones metabolism is that high you can't eat enough to gain some muscle. Unless you have some kind of  disorder which is extremely unlikely and you'd probably know about by  now. The difference in metabolisms that people always wank on about is far less pronounced than they make it out to be. I bet you half the people that claim high metabolism and can't gain weight and are eating 'heaps' aren't eating a high enough calorie excess to account for their BMR + exercise expenditure. 

What's your height and current weight?

Muscle and lean muscle is the same thing bro. There are only 3 types of muscle - smooth, skeletal and cardiac. The muscle type everyone talks about on this forum is skeletal muscle (muscle on your body attached to your skeleton). No such thing as muscle and lean muscle being separate things. It’s the same thing.

If you want to be leaner so your muscles show more, then you need to drop body fat by eating for your goal and making any training changes I.e cardio.

Im reading that you are skinny, have a fast metabolism and want to gain weight. Then im reading that you want to be lean.