NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
BADTASTE

LOW T & TRT

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, BADTASTE said:

I pick up this today, surprised I got 3 vials but no complaints, I will use a 18ga to draw out and 23ga or 25ga to shoot the glute or quad, never shot the glute before. Need to stop off at the EDo centre for some supplies 

20180730_150614.jpg

Oh geez, very keen to hear your thoughts on this

I've never self injected anything but Reandron is easily the worst TRT to try and self inject from my own research - if you can do it yourself I'd be keen to hear your steps to do so

I get a nurse to do mine, I'd had about 10 of these injections now at 10 week intervals and it doesn't get any better - they still hurt like shit every time and I can't sit properly afterwards for 2 days

Daz's advice to keep the vial warm is very good, the warmer the solution the easier it will go in, you can even keep the vial near your groin to get it warm

It's also interesting that you got 3 vials at once - I'd had 3 vials subscribed at once too, but the pharmacy always puts a minimum waiting period before I can collect the next. Also the first time I tried to find Reandron was a bit of a nightmare, I had to visit 5 pharmacies, eventually gave up and asked the closest one to me to just order some in. Now they always keep one for me as I collect from the same place. The impression I got is pharmacies are unlikely to carry stock of this in great numbers, either more people getting subscriptions for other esters or just not many people near me on TRT since the pharmacies around here told me they didn't stock that item

11 hours ago, Detonate said:

I get a nurse to do mine, I'd had about 10 of these injections now at 10 week intervals and it doesn't get any better - they still hurt like shit every time and I can't sit properly afterwards for 2 days

Daz's advice to keep the vial warm is very good, the warmer the solution the easier it will go in, you can even keep the vial near your groin to get it warm

Out of curiosity, what gauge needle do you inject with? And what sites do you inject?

It all depends how the doctor words your prescription as to whether you can collect all repeats at once or collect them after certain dates.

Pharmacies are essentially just businesses, they buy medicine from wholesalers and have monthly accounts they pay. It isn’t good business practise to hold items that don’t sell. Businesses like pharmacy like fast turnover of product. Most wholesalers offer same or next day delivery anyway, so for medicine that is expensive to hold or not commonly asked for this is best option. 

1 hour ago, ratz99 said:

Out of curiosity, what gauge needle do you inject with? And what sites do you inject?

To be honest I don't remember, I did ask about the gauge on my first injection but this was over a year ago - but I'll ask the nurse next time, it should be around an 18 though for drawing and injecting that they have been using for me - it hurts when it goes in but it does go in very fast.

the injections were all given into the outer side of the glute to avoid the sciatic nerve

Yeah alot of people use 18's for drawing. I personally switched to 21s for drawing because I heat mine before anyway and it doesn't have the same impact on the vial rubber stopper. (Have had shitty rubber stoppers get loose when drawing around the needle before).

Anyways, for injection ask, but if they don't already, ask for 25 gauge for injection. 

I don't know if it's anything to do with the solution or not, or that variant of Test in particular. But as an aside some nurses don't seem to be that good at pinning lol. I'd rather do it myself than let half of them do it. 

So had my latest shot, got info on the needle gauge.

nurse is using 18 to draw and injectvthe reandron.

i had quite a severe outcome this time, worst response for quite some time - massive bruising across the glute, swelling, couldn’t walk properly for two days etc 

lucky for me I had some spare codeine from earlier back pain so popped a few of those or it would have been a lot more painful, like even with codeine sitting was incredibly difficult for two days post this shot 

ill have a word with the nurse next time, get them to use a 21 or 23 for injecting

11 hours ago, Detonate said:

So had my latest shot, got info on the needle gauge.

nurse is using 18 to draw and inject the reandron.

i had quite a severe outcome this time, worst response for quite some time - massive bruising across the glute, swelling, couldn’t walk properly for two days etc 

lucky for me I had some spare codeine from earlier back pain so popped a few of those or it would have been a lot more painful, like even with codeine sitting was incredibly difficult for two days post this shot 

ill have a word with the nurse next time, get them to use a 21 or 23 for injecting

Your nurse is an idiot..!! It's acceptable to draw with an 18G, but to penetrate skeletal muscle 23G or better still 25G is recommended for use within my guidelines..

Her argument might be 4ml is a lot of oil to inject in one attempt, and it's much quicker for her.. But it's not about her convenience it's about your aftercare, if she is causing pain with the potential to induce scar tissue, or damage that is not acceptable..

Request a needle change to 23G or 25G, or another nurse..

13 hours ago, Detonate said:

ill have a word with the nurse next time,

FFS! Maybe ask your mummy to do it for you after she's tucked you in and pulled her tit out of your mouth! CMON MATE!!! DO IT YOURSELF!