Jump to content
NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
BADTASTE

LOW T & TRT

Recommended Posts

Testosterone:7.4 nmol/L ( 8.7 - 29.0 ) LL

 

My doctor has decide to put me on TRT which I am kind thrilled about it, only took 2 years of consistent low T tests and array of other issues, which probably convinced him, maybe. I was on this about 2 years ago before my accident (crushed in my truck) the mens clinic were cool, but costly around $550 for TestE 250mg per mill, 1 shot per week (TRT) since the accident I spent a few months in Hospital / surgery I have been back in the Gym for about a month maybe more. I am intermittent fasting craze 16/8 window,  consuming 2300 cal,  but this is all another post :)

 

My Doctor flicked me an email, offered me choices for the TRT. My problem is I am not familiar with these esters, yes I have looked on the internet to get the guts of it.. but I think nothing beats experience.

(the choices) sustanon 250/1ml = every 3 weeks $36.30 / Depo-testosteron 100mg/ml = 100 mg every 4 weeks $164.90 / Reandron 1000/4mls every 6 weeks $184.10 

 

I honestly value everyone's opinion and appreciate all the advice and help offered .. Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy at the men’s clinic was absolutely rinsing you mate. $550 for 10ml lol.

 

If those are your options you want to get the reandron which is 250mg/ml testosterone decanoate. It’s the best bang for your buck and is suited to what you want it for. The ester weight is bigger on that testosterone so you could take the full 250mg (1ml) every 10 or 11 days. You may need less though. That’s something you’ll have to work out. That will make the 4ml vial last the 42 days before you can get the next one. The doctor will probably suggest taking all 1000mg (4ml) at once  but if you can get to a nurse or do it yourself the way I mentioned will be better.

 

Thing is trt isn’t so much about the dosage. Everyone gets caught up in “100mg is the wrong amount, you need to do 123.5mg blah blah”. What’s more important is that you are maintaining a stable level of testosterone for the entirety of the time between treatments. so you have energy and sex drive and all the things you lack when your testosterone is low. It’s no good being energiser bunny for 4 weeks then a sack of shit for 2 weeks.

 

I hope you get what I’m saying and it was helpful.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Realtalk said:

The guy at the men’s clinic was absolutely rinsing you mate. $550 for 10ml lol.

 

If those are your options you want to get the reandron which is 250mg/ml testosterone decanoate. It’s the best bang for your buck and is suited to what you want it for. The ester weight is bigger on that testosterone so you could take the full 250mg (1ml) every 10 or 11 days. You may need less though. That’s something you’ll have to work out. That will make the 4ml vial last the 42 days before you can get the next one. The doctor will probably suggest taking all 1000mg (4ml) at once  but if you can get to a nurse or do it yourself the way I mentioned will be better.

 

Thing is trt isn’t so much about the dosage. Everyone gets caught up in “100mg is the wrong amount, you need to do 123.5mg blah blah”. What’s more important is that you are maintaining a stable level of testosterone for the entirety of the time between treatments. so you have energy and sex drive and all the things you lack when your testosterone is low. It’s no good being energiser bunny for 4 weeks then a sack of shit for 2 weeks.

 

I hope you get what I’m saying and it was helpful.

 

 

Thank you very much, totally appreciate the advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Realtalk said:

The guy at the men’s clinic was absolutely rinsing you mate. $550 for 10ml lol.

 

If those are your options you want to get the reandron which is 250mg/ml testosterone decanoate. It’s the best bang for your buck and is suited to what you want it for. The ester weight is bigger on that testosterone so you could take the full 250mg (1ml) every 10 or 11 days. You may need less though. That’s something you’ll have to work out. That will make the 4ml vial last the 42 days before you can get the next one. The doctor will probably suggest taking all 1000mg (4ml) at once  but if you can get to a nurse or do it yourself the way I mentioned will be better.

 

Thing is trt isn’t so much about the dosage. Everyone gets caught up in “100mg is the wrong amount, you need to do 123.5mg blah blah”. What’s more important is that you are maintaining a stable level of testosterone for the entirety of the time between treatments. so you have energy and sex drive and all the things you lack when your testosterone is low. It’s no good being energiser bunny for 4 weeks then a sack of shit for 2 weeks.

 

I hope you get what I’m saying and it was helpful.

 

 

 

Unfortunately Medsafe guidelines to medical practitioners clearly state:

 

Reandron 1000 (1 ampoule/vial equivalent to 1000 mg testosterone undecanoate) is injected every 10 to 14 weeks for testosterone replacement, where testosterone deficiency has been confirmed by clinical features and biochemical tests.

 

I agree 250mg every 10+ days would be a much better option for steady state blood plasma concentration than 1000mg every 10 to 14 weeks, but trying to find a Dr that will administer outside his guidelines might be difficult..

 

Most Dr's don't fully understand pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of testosterone esters..

 

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/r/Reandron1000inj.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Daz69 said:

 

Unfortunately Medsafe guidelines to medical practitioners clearly state:

 

Reandron 1000 (1 ampoule/vial equivalent to 1000 mg testosterone undecanoate) is injected every 10 to 14 weeks for testosterone replacement, where testosterone deficiency has been confirmed by clinical features and biochemical tests.

 

I agree 250mg every 10+ days would be a much better option for steady state blood plasma concentration than 1000mg every 10 to 14 weeks, but trying to find a Dr that will administer outside his guidelines might be difficult..

 

Most Dr's don't fully understand pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics of testosterone esters..

 

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/r/Reandron1000inj.pdf

Total appreciate all the advice, I am happy the DR has finally decided to put me on TRT will be looking forward to feeling normal and to reap some benefits from possibly retaining some muscle with helping with some fat-loss, but the mental focus for both my training and life will be a tremendous benefit. thanks for the advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think it would be better injected 

1ml at a time but I remember reading on the information leaflet it should be used in on hit as it has no antimicrobial in it. 

 

Reandron 1000 contains no antimicrobial agent. Reandron 1000 is for single use in one patient only. Discard any residue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, New pome said:

I also think it would be better injected 

1ml at a time but I remember reading on the information leaflet it should be used in on hit as it has no antimicrobial in it. 

 

Reandron 1000 contains no antimicrobial agent. Reandron 1000 is for single use in one patient only. Discard any residue 

Awesome Thank you .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One other question comes to mind, it may seem a tad nooberish, I apologise for that in advance :huh::huh::huh: should I take a break from this stuff and let my natural test restore itself? or just for the sake of taking a break from the use?  

 

Dr has also given me arimidex 1mg per day. 

 

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BADTASTE said:

One other question comes to mind, it may seem a tad nooberish, I apologise for that in advance :huh::huh::huh: should I take a break from this stuff and let my natural test restore itself? or just for the sake of taking a break from the use?  

 

Dr has also given me arimidex 1mg per day

 

Thanks again

 

You presented previously with low testosterone levels for 2 years, it's unlikely natural testosterone will restore itself..!! TRT is for life..!!

 

1mg of arimidex a day seems excessive...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what do you mean let your natural testosterone restore? Why would you want to do that bro. The whole point of trt is because you don’t have enough testosterone worth restoring.

 

1mg per day of arimidex is excessive. You shouldn’t need any arimidex on trt. Bodybuilders and powerlifters who are running 1000s of milligrams per week don’t even use 1mg adex every day. Just because they come in 1mg tablets doesn’t mean you take the whole one lol. They aren’t made for men on trt that’s why you won’t find 0.25mg tablets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trt should be at a level where everything in your body is within normal ranges. These are things such as blood pressure, cholesterol, liver and kidney function. So there should be no need to come off ever.

 

Anabolic steroids for TRT and Performing enhancing purposes are two different things. It seems to me like you are getting the two muddled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Realtalk said:

Anabolic steroids for TRT and Performing enhancing purposes are two different things. It seems to me like you are getting the two muddled.

Yes a little muddled up .. sorry about that bro.. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, cruxis said:

Don't they prescribe you a vial and show you how to do it yourself ?  Then you can dose weekly.

I am hoping so I did ask for injectables, was not keen on the orals, will follow the guide lines above if given the vial to administer myself.

 

5 hours ago, Realtalk said:

1mg per day of arimidex is excessive. You shouldn’t need any arimidex on trt. Bodybuilders and powerlifters who are running 1000s of milligrams per week don’t even use 1mg adex every day. Just because they come in 1mg tablets doesn’t mean you take the whole one lol. They aren’t made for men on trt that’s why you won’t find 0.25mg tablets.

Dr mention it was just in case the nipples got sensitive (gyno) maybe aromatase, I am not sure , but I am happy to throw them in the draw, I have not taken any.   

 

Thank you all for the feed back,help and advice.. I honestly appreciate it all.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pick up this today, surprised I got 3 vials but no complaints, I will use a 18ga to draw out and 23ga or 25ga to shoot the glute or quad, never shot the glute before. Need to stop off at the EDo centre for some supplies 

20180730_150614.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glute has the best bioavailability, if you can contort yourself enough to self inject, quads can be painful for some people due to increased vasculature.. (when you hit a vein with your needle you know about it)..

 

I'm hoping you will try 1ml injection every 10-14 days as opposed to 4ml in one hit, the plasma peak will be too excessive, the vial looks reusable so storage for multi-use shouldn't be an issue..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daz69 said:

Glute has the best bioavailability, if you can contort yourself enough to self inject, quads can be painful for some people due to increased vasculature.. (when you hit a vein with your needle you know about it)..

 

I'm hoping you will try 1ml injection every 10-14 days as opposed to 4ml in one hit, the plasma peak will be too excessive, the vial looks reusable so storage for multi-use shouldn't be an issue..

when I used TestE from the mens clinic I shot the quad using 25ga seemed painless enough, was only recently told that it can be problematic, the thought of pinging my glute makes me cringe, however I dont want to mess my legs up, so ill need to just man and ping my glute (needle gauge im told would be 22ga or 23ga) I think my brother just wants to see me cry LOL (never) can I use a 25ga on the glute or is that to small.

 

I will be following the 1ml injection plan every 10days 

Thanks for the advice bro greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BADTASTE said:

when I used TestE from the mens clinic I shot the quad using 25ga seemed painless enough, was only recently told that it can be problematic, the thought of pinging my glute makes me cringe, however I dont want to mess my legs up, so ill need to just man and ping my glute (needle gauge im told would be 22ga or 23ga) I think my brother just wants to see me cry LOL (never) can I use a 25ga on the glute or is that to small.

 

I will be following the 1ml injection plan every 10days 

Thanks for the advice bro greatly appreciated.

 

No issue with 25G x 1"... Maybe warm the oil (place the filled syringe in your mouth for a couple of minutes.. keep protective sleeve on needle of course).. :0) 

 

The half life is supposed to be 53 days, using a 4ml bolus containing 631mg of actual testosterone according to the manufacturers.. You will be using a 1ml bolus of 157mg every 10 days... It might be worth checking blood levels regularly after a few months as plasma levels have stabilised to see exactly where your blood testosterone levels are because that is a pretty long half life..!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2018 at 12:51 PM, New pome said:

I also think it would be better injected 

1ml at a time but I remember reading on the information leaflet it should be used in on hit as it has no antimicrobial in it. 

 

Reandron 1000 contains no antimicrobial agent. Reandron 1000 is for single use in one patient only. Discard any residue 

Ignore this post...!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Daz69 said:

 

No issue with 25G x 1"... Maybe warm the oil (place the filled syringe in your mouth for a couple of minutes.. keep protective sleeve on needle of course).. :0) 

 

The half life is supposed to be 53 days, using a 4ml bolus containing 631mg of actual testosterone according to the manufacturers.. You will be using a 1ml bolus of 157mg every 10 days... It might be worth checking blood levels regularly after a few months as plasma levels have stabilised to see exactly where your blood testosterone levels are because that is a pretty long half life..!!

Awesome Daz thanks a lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Realtalk said:

He was just quoting what it says on the instructions inside the box bro. 

Thanks mate your right, it’s excactly what it says on the instructions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Daz69 said:

Ignore this post...!!!

Classic Daz, thinks he know more than the manufacturers and the pharmaceutical trained scientists. Good on you daz. This is probably the same as your proviron theory right?

Dont know if your steroid use has made your muscles grow but it seems to have made your head grow. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Realtalk said:

He was just quoting what it says on the instructions inside the box bro. 

 

I know....... looking at the pictures above there is no reason to discard the product after extracting  the first 1ml, as you know manufacturers tend to over cover their arse regards safety information...

 

We've all reused 10ml vials without issue.. Apparently there isn't any BA, as long as the needle going into the vial isn't contaminated I see no problem...

 

I've been aware of self injection protocol since 1981, and have been injecting patients for the last 5, so I don't believe reusing that 4ml vial should constitute a health concern...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Popular Contributors

    Nobody has received reputation this week.

×