Jump to content
NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
muscle99

Losing weight while on test only

Recommended Posts

Hi I need to lose 60kg to be back down at 75kg 12% bf. If I ran say 12 weeks of 500mg test in a calorie deficit would I still put on some muscle due to the test or would I just lose weight like usual and might as well just do the keto diet natty? Thanks in advance. Also would test speed up weight loss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, muscle99 said:

Hi I need to lose 60kg to be back down at 75kg 12% bf. If I ran say 12 weeks of 500mg test in a calorie deficit would I still put on some muscle due to the test or would I just lose weight like usual and might as well just do the keto diet natty? Thanks in advance. Also would test speed up weight loss?


I highly doubt you'll put on muscle. Diet > Steroids. Steroids only do so much.It's like when you see people that talk up Tren so much that you get people running it and thinking they're gonna get huge and ripped eating a 1000cal deficit.  Not like Test E 500mg is the most potent cycle either, Sure it's a huge help and far better than natty but still.

Given you've got so much weight to lose you'd be better getting closer to to your goal weight first surely? Or even getting to your goal weight and doing a lean bulk with the Test E? just seems like a waste to me, unless your willing to run it the whole cut which is gonna take ages because you've got to lose 60kg. Perhaps you already meant in your post you intended to use it near the end, my bad if that was the case. 

TLDR, only reason id run Test E like that is to help preserve the muscle I have, and within a realistic timeframe. (i.e. can reach target bf % in 12-16 week cycle).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too fat to even be considering using steroids. Don’t be silly bro. If you need to lose 60kg to be 75kg at 12% body fat you should be loosing weight super fast anyway. If you are 60kg over 75kg with 12%bodyfat then your body fat to lean body mass ratio is hugely out of proportion. Just some cardio and eat less.

 

i wouldn’t even use anything until minimum you got to 75kg at 12% and wanted to build on that. Otherwise too much bodyfat and not enough muscle mass.

 

sorry bro, harsh but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ratz99 said:


I highly doubt you'll put on muscle. Diet > Steroids. Steroids only do so much.It's like when you see people that talk up Tren so much that you get people running it and thinking they're gonna get huge and ripped eating a 1000cal deficit.  Not like Test E 500mg is the most potent cycle either, Sure it's a huge help and far better than natty but still.

Given you've got so much weight to lose you'd be better getting closer to to your goal weight first surely? Or even getting to your goal weight and doing a lean bulk with the Test E? just seems like a waste to me, unless your willing to run it the whole cut which is gonna take ages because you've got to lose 60kg. Perhaps you already meant in your post you intended to use it near the end, my bad if that was the case. 

TLDR, only reason id run Test E like that is to help preserve the muscle I have, and within a realistic timeframe. (i.e. can reach target bf % in 12-16 week cycle).

Yeah this makes sense, cheers !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

Too fat to even be considering using steroids. Don’t be silly bro. If you need to lose 60kg to be 75kg at 12% body fat you should be loosing weight super fast anyway. If you are 60kg over 75kg with 12%bodyfat then your body fat to lean body mass ratio is hugely out of proportion. Just some cardio and eat less.

 

i wouldn’t even use anything until minimum you got to 75kg at 12% and wanted to build on that. Otherwise too much bodyfat and not enough muscle mass.

 

sorry bro, harsh but true.

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing really..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PETN said:

How did you get  > 50% bodyfat?

I'm a 138kg but look like 100kg. Just not training and eating like I'm training and the booze!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fatter you are, the more likely you are to experience nasty side effects from steroids. Increased estrogen, increased blood pressure and probably heart problems are all more likely to happen if you're overweight.

 

On the bright side, if you get your diet and training nailed, you should be able to lose weight at a good rate anyway (steroids are unlikely to speed things up much, if at all)... and you've just saved yourself a decent amount of coin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 6:05 PM, muscle99 said:

I'm a 138kg but look like 100kg. Just not training and eating like I'm training and the booze!

Pics to see this 100kg miracle.

 

How much space do you think 83 pounds of butter takes up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×