NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Jake88

Being coached throughout first cycle ?

Hey just curious as to how many of you did your first cycle all on your own ?  Or did you guys get coached throughout your first ? 

Thinking about doing my first cycle and just want to get the most out of it so seeing what the general consensus is..

General consensus is,

Study up on the effects of AAS on your body before choosing this path, also if you eat like shit you will look like shit!

Do you know what you first cycle will look like?

Yeah I’m aware nutrition and training are the key to maximising results, also the effects it’ll have. 

If I actually end up finding a coach and a source haha I’d like to just stick to the basic

2 x 250mg test e shots/week 

arimidex on hand if need be iv read mixed articles everywhere about this and most say you don’t really need to start using arimidex straight off the bat for first cycle just see how your body reacts first if yah start gaining bloat and water I’ll dose at .5 twice a week ...

I’ve also read nolva alone is sufficient enough for pct no need for nolva and clomid for basic test e cycle ..? 

16 hours ago, Jake88 said:

Yeah I’m aware nutrition and training are the key to maximising results, also the effects it’ll have. 

If I actually end up finding a coach and a source haha I’d like to just stick to the basic

arimidex on hand if need be iv read mixed articles everywhere about this and most say you don’t really need to start using arimidex straight off the bat for first cycle just see how your body reacts first if yah start gaining bloat and water I’ll dose at .5 twice a week ...

I’ve also read nolva alone is sufficient enough for pct no need for nolva and clomid for basic test e cycle ..? 

sounds like a good plan mate!, id just taper off the test 

Yeah do a lean bulk. People think they eat like shit and get away with it on cycle. You waste less time having to cut at the end and you actually look good instead of a fat bloated mess that doesn't even juice.

I know several people may disagree with me but last cycle I had great success (judging by how I felt etc) just tapering off the test then running Clomid only for 2-3 weeks and tapering off that too. I didn't even bother with Nolva, but I had some on hand regardless.

On 13/05/2018 at 2:10 PM, Jake88 said:

You don't need PCT unless on a very suppressive multi compound cycle...

Protection of the testes ON-CYCLE is of primary importance, try taurine 3-5g/day royal jelly 1g/day to avoid testicular oxidative stress whilst on cycle..

Arimidex, maybe last few weeks of cycle as you taper off to avoid estrogen dominance as testosterone levels decline...

11 hours ago, kiwicannon said:

sounds like a good plan mate!, id just taper off the test 

When you taper down off the test, do you run nolva after completely dropping off test ? Iv read in a few places about tapering off if it’s just test only cycle. Anywhere on American forums though it’s hcg this nolva that clomid this lol

No bro just slowly decrease Test each wk, if your going to run another compound along side eg Deca then yes PCT protocol to follow , HCG id use throughout but since its your first cycle keep it sweet and simple, id get your AI on hand though just incase!

500mg Test pr wk will make huge gains!! 

every american forum:

x test per week

lots of clomid and nolva pct

real world with no (anecdotal) issues:

3x test per week

lots of other shit

just stop one day because comp is done, taper off the test. have low sex drive for a couple weeks, feel fine again after 1 month

12 hours ago, kiwicannon said:

No bro just slowly decrease Test each wk, if your going to run another compound along side eg Deca then yes PCT protocol to follow , HCG id use throughout but since its your first cycle keep it sweet and simple, id get your AI on hand though just incase!

500mg Test pr wk will make huge gains!! 

We’ll see how we go if I can get my hands on nolva I’d prefer to be safe than sorry... if not well  im tapering off haha, week 10 11 and 12 taper down from 500 then 250 then 125 then off? 

If I can gain a decent 7-8kgs I’ll be stoked 😊 

On 14/05/2018 at 5:54 PM, Jake88 said:

When you taper down off the test, do you run nolva after completely dropping off test ? Iv read in a few places about tapering off if it’s just test only cycle. Anywhere on American forums though it’s hcg this nolva that clomid this lol

On american forums they are selling you the gear and ancillaries, don't be fooled into thinking you need PCT, most people recover just fine (especially on testosterone only cycles).. Testosterone only doesn't seem to present with symptoms of secondary hypogonadism (hypothalamic dysfunction), That's when you may need a SERM or GnRH antagonist to restart things...  You don't..!!

hCG won't do shite for restoration of testicular function, if leydig and sertoli cells are damaged on-cycle, it's a LH mimicking agent, it won't work after cells have necrosed (died).. It only works whilst you are using it, once you stop things return to baseline.. It's pointless in your case..

Research clearly shows most people recover LH & FSH within hours/days of exogenous test being out of your system anyway, what science is telling us, is protection on-cycle is the way forward, rather than wasting money on pointless PCT drugs when you don't understand the physiological mechanisms behind what you are undertaking... 

11 hours ago, Jake88 said:

If I can gain a decent 7-8kgs I’ll be stoked 😊

Heck yes! Just up your cals slightly and eat clean plenty of rest train hard, and dont do the rookie mistake of eating everything in sight inc those nasty ass  mass gainer shakes ....weve all been down that road!:-p

1 hour ago, kiwicannon said:

dont do the rookie mistake of eating everything in sight inc those nasty ass  mass gainer shakes ....weve all been down that road!:-p

Amen haha. Remember my first cycle. Was great but defs not  lean bulk 😂