Is it even possible to find a doctor in NZ who'll prescribe at my age & T level?

james3

I'm 20 years old experiencing depression/mood swings/tiredness/ED/low libido. Several months ago my balls even shrunk, but after taking zinc/vitamin D/brazil nuts and sleeping better they're back to normal size now.  I had my total T taken at that time and it was 330 ng/dl, but that was at 4pm, so my morning levels are probably closer to 400, all of which just makes me concerned I'm going to be stuck in the goldilocks zone where I'm symptomatic but can't get treatment. 

Has anyone here managed to get treatment (even just clomid or hcg) at this age without having like sub 100 ng/dl levels?

6 hours ago, james3 said:

I'm 20 years old experiencing depression/mood swings/tiredness/ED/low libido. Several months ago my balls even shrunk, but after taking zinc/vitamin D/brazil nuts and sleeping better they're back to normal size now.  I had my total T taken at that time and it was 330 ng/dl, but that was at 4pm, so my morning levels are probably closer to 400, all of which just makes me concerned I'm going to be stuck in the goldilocks zone where I'm symptomatic but can't get treatment. 

Has anyone here managed to get treatment (even just clomid or hcg) at this age without having like sub 100 ng/dl levels?

That is a very low t level for your age , has your Dr referred  you to a endo yet? you taken any anabolics etc? you should be around the 700-800 mark, its only going to decline as you get older

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 1:43 PM, james3 said:

Yes, I'm in my 20s and I was given TRT by an Urologist after two consecutive tests with a level of 300ng/dl and of course with certain symptoms like those you listed and more

From speaking to doctors, the general advice is that Endos seem to be more reluctant to prescribe and the public health system is a no go - best thing is to see a private Urologist if you hope you get prescribed 

The urologist I saw was pretty open about it, he saw my results and knew it was low for my age (none of this reference range BS about being normal that you will hear from Endos, he straight up told me I have the level of a 70 year old man but also mentioned that they level could be normal for my body if I had no symptoms, he said symptoms are more important than your blood level results) asked me about my symptoms - he seemed to be think TRT was worth a try and wrote a prescription for me to try TRT and then report back if my symptoms improve, which they did