NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
craig1973nz

Rolled Shoulders fix

Anybody else in here suffer from rolled shoulders from years of sitting in front of a computer? If so how did you go about correcting them?

Anyone used a posture corrector, or are they just a gimmick and should i just concentrate on more pull movements while decreasing push movements?

https://www.amazon.com/Posture-Corrector-Shoulders-Donnie-Thompson/dp/B01MD1O2CV/ref=pd_sim_121_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MD1O2CV&pd_rd_r=PA1A03W60EA7G19K9KC5&pd_rd_w=vUsdE&pd_rd_wg=3SXnO&psc=1&refRID=PA1A03W60EA7G19K9KC5

61CbI0C9KSL._SX522_.jpg

I've managed it more with chest stretching, and posture cues. No amount of rowing and pull movements really helped my posture, it was a mind muscle thing for me. That said face pulls were handy. Also getting under the incline bar bench with a light load and using it as a weighted stretch was farken orgasmic. 
#nohomodoe

47 minutes ago, Chemo said:

Also getting under the incline bar bench with a light load and using it as a weighted stretch was farken orgasmic. 

Hahaha! I do this. I get a few strange looks from people wondering if I've been pinned by a 8kg dumbbell. :-D

Haven't ever tried a posture corrector harness thing, but I suspect as Chemo says, it's more a problem of mind-muscle, and just training yourself into better habits. My guess is that as soon as you took the harness off, you'd find yourself slumping forward again - and probably worse than before.

I've had similar problems that I've had help with from physiotherapists, osteopaths and chiropractors. Some suggest doing snow angels against the wall and other back and shoulder stretches but the best piece of posture advice I ever heard was to imagine the back of your head was being pulled up by a string :)