Urgent Diet Help Required

GyzzBrah

Hi, moved to university again, and have run into a serious problem. In past years, each individual would take turns cooking dinner for the whole flat, and generic groceries were brought for breakfast / lunch. This worked out easy as It only costed me 35$ pw.

Now, the current situation is different, and I have to provide my own breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. However, to make matters worse, the kitchen is EXTREMELY disgusting - there is no cutlery to eat on (plates/ bowls), all the pots / pans etc have slime / mould and have not been cleaned in weeks, there is very little space in the fridge (people just leave old shit in there for weeks). So cooking for myself isnt really the biggest issue, its that the kitchen is pretty much unusable. Theres empty cans on the floor, rotten food, etc.

So looking for two types of advice - 1) how to make meal plan for 75$ pw, and 2) - how to cook in the above conditions (impossible due to mess). Obviously I would have to buy my own utensils and dish soap (we have no dish soap either).

Been eating takeaway since saturday. Brought some groceries (noodles, egg, hashbrown, baked beans etc), but have nothing clean to cook it on, or nothing to eat it with.

Obviously if I needed to use messy dishes I would just clean them myself, but this is sooooo much worse - its literally rotting food in them, slimy, gross. And like I said no dish soap / brush.

12 minutes ago, maccaz said:

get your parents to buy you a mini fridge, electric fry pan, microwave, to use in your room.

chicken + any kind of meat and youre good to go.

use paper/plastic cutlery and plates.

for true peasant diet, just get 2min noodles and protein powder lol

Electric fry pan is good idea, parents already said they would buy. Wouldnt cook in my room though lol.

Why did you choose to live in this kind of environment/why don't you find somewhere else to live?

Used to live with this guy in a work house who was a little bitch too. Would complain when dishes were soaking in the sink from the night before (which he'd wash himself), about pizza boxes on floor in the lounge the next day and syringes (in wrappers still) in the cutlery drawers etc. In the end no-one even did their dishes because he would always clean up, and it was easier to listen to his whinging than to clean up ourselves.

1 hour ago, PETN said:

Why did you choose to live in this kind of environment/why don't you find somewhere else to live?

Used to live with this guy in a work house who was a little bitch too. Would complain when dishes were soaking in the sink from the night before (which he'd wash himself), about pizza boxes on floor in the lounge the next day and syringes (in wrappers still) in the cutlery drawers etc. In the end no-one even did their dishes because he would always clean up, and it was easier to listen to his whinging than to clean up ourselves.

Lol I used to do the exact same thing during my first year of uni, was living with a similar type of people, so would just leave my shit on the sink / kitchen and let them clean it. Never did dishes till the end of the year when they complained to accommodation staff and they sent someone to watch me while I had to clean the place.