getstrength nz

mikev

Hi guy's, does anyone know whats up with getstrength nz? Ordered a safety squat bar back in november and finally got confirmation it would be shipped 16th jan and still nothing. Won't answer e-mails or answer the phone. Got the most ordinary customer service iv'e seen in a long time.

I would suggest not buying a SSB from them. 

My one they had 90 degree welds that started opening up. Got hold of them sent it back. Worse customer service around. I waited forever, took for me to get on fb and publicly give them a serve on their page. They didn't like that and gave me a shitty answer. Surprise I had a email that day. It's a shame as I know their gear is good as I have one of their benches. Just cust service and their ssbs suck ass. 

Just keep hastling them

• 4 months later...

For what it's worth, the only thing I bought off get strength was a pair of lifting straps.  Taken about 5 weeks to arrive, and it was in a parcel from China.  From the site, it was implied they had them in stock in NZ, but they were selling stuff they didn't own.  I emailed them too, wondering if they got lost in the mail, but they never replied back to this day.

I mainly bought them as a test, and they failed it!  So for the expensive stuff I wanted, I got a welder to copy their stuff and he made it cheaper and probably better too.

• 2 months later...

Signed up just to review these guys. 

Bought a pair of shoes and a belt off them. 

"suede" on the shoes came apart after a few months of gym only use. Absolute garbage. 

Sent me the wrong size belt after waiting months. Sent it back at my expense, refused to refund the cost. Got the right size a couple weeks later. The real kicker was when the rivets that were used in construction rusted though after about 6 months, resulting in the belt coming apart during a sqaut set! 

I'm all for supporting NZ business, which is why I tried them. They're just marking up goods produced in China/Pakistan made as cheaply as possible. 

• 3 weeks later...

Signed up to pile on to this thread as well.  If you're thinking of buying some of their made in NZ products, don't bother.

I've been waiting since June, about 3.5 months, for a safety squat bar and a swiss bar.  Order cost about $750 after discounts.  Website says expect a 2-3 week lead time.  I've been chasing them since week 6, and all they do is ignore your messages, or occasionally reply with BS about how it's nearly done.  

On top of that, received a bench slingshot from them at the time of the order in June, in the wrong size - but they simply won't reply to my emails about that.

Just atrocious customer service.  They badly need another local competitor to keep them honest.

Will update if I ever receive my stuff.