What TRT are you using?

Detonate

There are a few options out there, interested to see what you guys are taking

I got my prescribed Reandron and it's the only TRT I've tried since it worked for me straight away - I'm now averaging T levels of around 700 and doing the shots once every 10 weeks

I guess some guys may be on the gel/pads and also popular is Sustanon?

20 hours ago, Detonate said:

There are a few options out there, interested to see what you guys are taking

I got my prescribed Reandron and it's the only TRT I've tried since it worked for me straight away - I'm now averaging T levels of around 700 and doing the shots once every 10 weeks

I guess some guys may be on the gel/pads and also popular is Sustanon?

I've seen the pharma' research papers presented on Reandron, they conveniently miss out the first 7 days due to the expected massive plasma spike from 1000mg hitting the blood after about 24 hours.. 

2X/week enanthate is the way to go, or patches, I've seen research that show patches closely replicate endogenous testosterone release, more so than injections..

1 hour ago, Daz69 said:

I've seen the pharma' research papers presented on Reandron, they conveniently miss out the first 7 days due to the expected massive plasma spike from 1000mg hitting the blood after about 24 hours.. 

2X/week enanthate is the way to go, or patches, I've seen research that show patches closely replicate endogenous testosterone release, more so than injections..

I frequent one of the major American forums regarding this subject and over there they don't have access to Reandron yet and they do recommend small dose of enenthate twice a week, that does seem to be the go to protocol - but also recommended to go with it is an AI and HGH, neither of which I could get my Doc to look at, AI a no go as he wont test for E2 anyway and HGH he said was unfunded in NZ and super expensive - I do however pay attention to how I'm feeling and how my body responds to try and see if my E2 is high/low - sometimes I use T booster supps for their mild AI properties  depending on these signs, e.g. I may take these supps for couple weeks if my skin starts to get oily and then stop when it dries out

I didn't come across this spike you mention - at least not with NZ's conventional testosterone testing methods done by labtests.

On one of my injection cycles I did blood tests once per week for 12 weeks - I didn't see a massive spike in the first week and the levels slowly dropped off each week after that

Also, 1000mg doesn't hit the blood - the formula is made up of some other stuff as well, the actual amount of Testosterone I've read on various other places was I believe around 700mg per 4ml vial, even though it's advertised as 1000mg. And it must have some action of slow metabolism, if it was actually 700mg of pure T hitting the blood I'd expect huge levels, like over 100nmol/L or something crazy like that but I've never returned a blood test with a level higher than 30nmol and it generally sits between 30 and 22 nmol over the 10 weeks

1 hour ago, Detonate said:

I frequent one of the major American forums regarding this subject and over there they don't have access to Reandron yet and they do recommend small dose of enanthate twice a week, that does seem to be the go to protocol - but also recommended to go with it is an AI and HGH, neither of which I could get my Doc to look at, AI a no go as he wont test for E2 anyway and HGH he said was unfunded in NZ and super expensive - I do however pay attention to how I'm feeling and how my body responds to try and see if my E2 is high/low - sometimes I use T booster supps for their mild AI properties  depending on these signs, e.g. I may take these supps for couple weeks if my skin starts to get oily and then stop when it dries out

I didn't come across this spike you mention - at least not with NZ's conventional testosterone testing methods done by labtests.

On one of my injection cycles I did blood tests once per week for 12 weeks - I didn't see a massive spike in the first week and the levels slowly dropped off each week after that

Also, 1000mg doesn't hit the blood - the formula is made up of some other stuff as well, the actual amount of Testosterone I've read on various other places was I believe around 700mg per 4ml vial, even though it's advertised as 1000mg. And it must have some action of slow metabolism, if it was actually 700mg of pure T hitting the blood I'd expect huge levels, like over 100nmol/L or something crazy like that but I've never returned a blood test with a level higher than 30nmol and it generally sits between 30 and 22 nmol over the 10 weeks

I frequent one of the major American forums regarding this subject.... Which one..?

Also, 1000mg doesn't hit the blood - the formula is made up of some other stuff as well, the actual amount of Testosterone I've read on various other places was I believe around 700mg per 4ml vial, even though it's advertised as 1000mg...  That would be the decanoate ester attached to 17-b hydroxyl position on the "D" ring, it's a long carbon chain responsible for the slow transition into blood stream..

Each ampoule/vial contains 1000 mg testosterone undecanoate (equivalent to 631.5 mg testosterone) in a 4 mL solution for injection..

There are various papers discussing half life, anything from 20.9, 33.9, and 53 days dependant upon the vehicle oil used, or site of injection..  So a bit hit and miss working out exact dose in first week.. But probably somewhere in the 300's, or less...

2 hours ago, Detonate said:

T nation

Cheers for the info, you sound like a pharmacist haha

I'll get some first hand evidence for you - going to check levels 24 hours after an injection, lets see how high it spikes

T nation.... lol

I work in emergency medicine..

Maybe try closer to 48 hours.. (pity you can't do 24, then 48, but gets expensive)...

18 minutes ago, Daz69 said:

T nation.... lol

Maybe try closer to 48 hours.. (pity you can't do 24, then 48, but gets expensive)...

Actually I could, I have a repeat test that has what appears to be unlimited use for a year - but I suspect if I abuse it the powers at be wont be happy

I'm doing everything legit so blood tests are free and the trt is prescribed

21 hours ago, Daz69 said:

T nation.... lol

Got the 24 hour result: 22.1nmol/L or 637ng/dl

But tbh this is the number I would have expected after 10 weeks without a new injection - so I suspect that even after 24 hours, little or none of the test from the new injection has entered the bloodstream

unfortunately don't be able to do the 48 hour test as labtests around my area are now closed for the weekend