NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Diet

I'm 15 and go hard at the gym 6 days a week. How many calories to bulk should I eat? And do I need to calculate macros and shit 

On 1/22/2018 at 8:56 PM, Cameron said:

I'm 15 and go hard at the gym 6 days a week. How many calories to bulk should I eat? And do I need to calculate macros and shit 

Don’t count calories at 15 years old bro. Just eat lots of good healthy food and train hard. Enjoy it.

10 hours ago, Realtalk said:

Don’t count calories at 15 years old bro. Just eat lots of good healthy food and train hard. Enjoy it.

But actually eat quite a lot of food not like what your mom thinks is a lot of food lol 

Just to play devil's advocate here... I reckon if the OP is keen enough, there's no reason for him NOT to count calories.

@Cameron, I'm not saying you should do it every day, but just once in a while to get a benchmark of what you're eating. It can only be a good thing if it makes you more aware of diet (and how much food you're actually eating), and it will give you something to look back on and compare later.

Having said that, I don't think there's much value in setting a target number of calories. At 15, you're probably still growing naturally (regardless of the gym training), and I doubt any calorie calculator takes teenage growth spurts into account. So just do what the others suggest and eats lots of healthy food (not too much sugar, not too much fat). Measure yourself on the scales every week or so. If you're not gaining weight, eat more. If you're just getting fat, eat less.