NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
captainJC

How has trt effected you?

3 hours ago, Daz69 said:

Increased strength and endurance, greater retention of skeletal muscle, better mood and libido, feel younger..

what dose is your trt? inject 1x week or 2x? any ai usage? how long you been on it?

cheers

4 hours ago, captainJC said:

what dose is your trt? inject 1x week or 2x? any ai usage? how long you been on it?

cheers

0.4ml X2/week, or 53mg of actual hormone after the ester weight has been removed/week..

No need for AI on physiological levels, well not in my case anyway.. BF% consistently around 8% so limited adipose tissue therefore minimal aromatisation..

1 hour ago, Daz69 said:

0.4ml X2/week, or 53mg of actual hormone after the ester weight has been removed/week..

No need for AI on physiological levels, well not in my case anyway.. BF% consistently around 8% so limited adipose tissue therefore minimal aromatisation..

dont mean to be a pain but what dose is your test 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml etc? im guessing around 100-125mg week no ai normally needed (well that depends on your bf and other factors if sensitive or not), there has been many cases of people needing ai even on 100mg

20 hours ago, captainJC said:

dont mean to be a pain but what dose is your test 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml etc? im guessing around 100-125mg week no ai normally needed (well that depends on your bf and other factors if sensitive or not), there has been many cases of people needing ai even on 100mg

I'd already worked it out for you..!! 100mg/ml, is 67.5mg after ester weight has been removed, therefore 0.4ml twice a week = 0.8ml = 53.6mg total testosterone...

The reason to inject twice a week as opposed to once is to keep plasma spike low, reducing potential for excess aromatization..

Lower abdominal fat you lower the potential for aromatization as the aromatase enzyme CYP19A1 that converts testosterone to estrogen is largely found in adipose tissue..

When you look at some of the research papers on TRT dosing schedule that used AI, the injection frequency was every 3-4 weeks.. Obviously this would present with initial plasma levels way above physiologic..

1 hour ago, Daz69 said:

I'd already worked it out for you..!! 100mg/ml, is 67.5mg after ester weight has been removed, therefore 0.4ml twice a week = 0.8ml = 53.6mg total testosterone...

The reason to inject twice a week as opposed to once is to keep plasma spike low, reducing potential for excess aromatization..

Lower abdominal fat you lower the potential for aromatization as the aromatase enzyme CYP19A1 that converts testosterone to estrogen is largely found in adipose tissue..

When you look at some of the research papers on TRT dosing schedule that used AI, the injection frequency was every 3-4 weeks.. Obviously this would present with initial plasma levels way above physiologic..

i fully agree with pining 2x week also normally 24 hours after injection docs noramlly give a small dose ai so thats about 2x week 24 hours after each shot casue of the test spiking high after shot in turn "could " convert to estro if sensitive or bf high

I have some questions. 

1) Does the Doc prescribe you a vial to let you self administrator after being shown how to?  Transgenders are allowed too so i guess it be no different.

2) Have you  experienced any social "discrimination"  from your peers who think your are 'cheating' a natural ageing process? eg oh your on steroids blah blah. Especially if you continue to play a competitive sports for fun/social aspects  eg, A touch rugby 40+ team.  Or do you keep it hush hush and explain away the comments of "wow  your so fit for your age" to good eating.

3) Can you get TRT in NZ if you in 50s but display no physical symptoms of low Test. But would like have test levels at what had in your 20s? You are a normal 50 year old but want to feel 20 again for anti ageing purposes. Just to feel younger.

4)Since you are pinning for the rest of your life do you need rotate alot of injection sites? Or do you pin a fatty areas like a diabetic.

5) Now that you got legit TRT to fall back on do you ever get tempted to do a 12 week cycle every now and again? Knowing that you do not need pct anymore.

6) If you already have kids. Is the lifetime of pinning the biggest  commitment of TRT or is there other issues things to think about like Keeping body fat in check?

7) Does TRT for men = HRT for women?

8) Do most chemists have 10ml vials on hand to make up you prescription?

9) Does your GP normally prescribe it. Or do they always pass the buck on ? Or do you have to go to a mens clinic to get prescribed for anti aging purposes? 

10) Has anyones wife asked to try it?:-D Wonders what 1 week would do to the missus.

7 hours ago, cruxis said:

I have some questions. 

1) Does the Doc prescribe you a vial to let you self administrator after being shown how to?  Transgenders are allowed too so i guess it be no different.

2) Have you  experienced any social "discrimination"  from your peers who think your are 'cheating' a natural ageing process? eg oh your on steroids blah blah. Especially if you continue to play a competitive sports for fun/social aspects  eg, A touch rugby 40+ team.  Or do you keep it hush hush and explain away the comments of "wow  your so fit for your age" to good eating.

3) Can you get TRT in NZ if you in 50s but display no physical symptoms of low Test. But would like have test levels at what had in your 20s? You are a normal 50 year old but want to feel 20 again for anti ageing purposes. Just to feel younger.

4)Since you are pinning for the rest of your life do you need rotate alot of injection sites? Or do you pin a fatty areas like a diabetic.

5) Now that you got legit TRT to fall back on do you ever get tempted to do a 12 week cycle every now and again? Knowing that you do not need pct anymore.

6) If you already have kids. Is the lifetime of pinning the biggest  commitment of TRT or is there other issues things to think about like Keeping body fat in check?

7) Does TRT for men = HRT for women?

8) Do most chemists have 10ml vials on hand to make up you prescription?

9) Does your GP normally prescribe it. Or do they always pass the buck on ? Or do you have to go to a mens clinic to get prescribed for anti aging purposes? 

10) Has anyones wife asked to try it?:-D Wonders what 1 week would do to the missus.

1) Some do some don't

2) No, keep it to yourself.

3) No

4) Yes or you will get scar tissue build up, pin IM, not sc or fatty tissue

5) Yes

6) !

7) Testosterone replacement therapy

8) Some do

9) Endocrinologist has to approve after extensive testing that can last 6 months or more, then GP can write prescription.

10) Slut

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, Daz69 said:

Increased strength and endurance, greater retention of skeletal muscle, better mood and libido, feel younger..

Everything you said here as well as fat loss

T levels were around 250-280 when I started TRT, now averaging around 700 - haven't changed gym routine much since starting but body looks way more defined, in fact I've dropped 2 pants sizes and now wear size 30 pants, lost 7kg and its pretty much all fat - first time in my life I can see my abs even though I'm actually putting in less work in the gym than I have in the past

endurance is easily much improved, strength is also there but I don't aim for strength anyway - mood improvements is awesome, along with better sleep and better memory retention and libido is better. Libido is an interesting one, at first it was a gigantic improvement but then normalised over time - I found this with some of the other changes as well, with my first 2 T shots, I actually felt high, couldn't stop talking during the day so much energy I stayed awake much later into the nights and then it all starts to normalise but everything is still better than pre TRT

I suppose if you're going to do cycles, then that great high feeling will be there with each shot but with TRT you don't get a break in between so your body adjusts to its new normal T levels as it wont be spiking so much anymore

2 hours ago, Detonate said:

T levels were around 250-280 when I started TRT, now averaging around 700 - haven't changed gym routine much since starting but body looks way more defined, in fact I've dropped 2 pants sizes and now wear size 30 pants, lost 7kg and its pretty much all fat - first time in my life I can see my abs even though I'm actually putting in less work in the gym than I have in the past

endurance is easily much improved, strength is also there but I don't aim for strength anyway - mood improvements is awesome, along with better sleep and better memory retention and libido is better. Libido is an interesting one, at first it was a gigantic improvement but then normalised over time - I found this with some of the other changes as well, with my first 2 T shots, I actually felt high, couldn't stop talking during the day so much energy I stayed awake much later into the nights and then it all starts to normalise but everything is still better than pre TRT

I suppose if you're going to do cycles, then that great high feeling will be there with each shot but with TRT you don't get a break in between so your body adjusts to its new normal T levels as it wont be spiking so much anymore

i read your other post your on reandron , if i recall thats 1000mg of test per shot once every few months, your libido you said it "normalized" when normalized now is it much better than pre trt ? how is Erection quality ?

cheers

20 hours ago, Detonate said:

Something I put together on another forum, of interest here:

Effects of AAS on reward pathways:

Dopamine is the main transmitter in the mesolimbic pathway, also known as the reward pathway, and numerous animal studies have shown that AAS affect the dopamine system in the brain. Long-term administration of nandrolone increased dopamine transporter density in the rat caudate putamen.. (Kindlundh et al., 2002; Kindlundh et al., 2004).

In addition, the density of dopamine receptors was affected by AAS administration; D1 receptors were down-regulated in the striatum and nucleus accumbens, and D2 receptors were down-regulated in the nucleus accumbens, but up regulated in the caudate putamen (Kindlundh et al., 2001).

In a recent study, nandrolone administration decreased the expression of the D1 dopamine receptor in the nucleus accumbens of adult mice (Martinez-Rivera et al., 2015). Furthermore, studies have reported decreased activity of the dopamine-metabolizing enzymes monoamine oxidase A and B and a decrease in the levels of the dopamine metabolites 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid and homovanillic acid after repeated nandrolone administration (Birgner et al., 2007; Birgner et al., 200rolleyes.gif.

Another signalling system highly associated with reward and dopamine signalling is the endogenous Opioid system (Herz, 1997; Spanagel et al., 1992). 

Several studies have reported AAS-induced changes in the levels of opioid peptides and their receptors in the CNS (for review (Nyberg and Hallberg, 2012)). For example, administration of nandrolone for two weeks in male rats has been shown to affect endogenous opioid peptides in the caudate putamen, nucleus accumbens, and periaqueductal grey (Johansson et al., 2000). 

Increased gene expression of PDYN, encoding the opioid peptide precursor prodynorphin, was found in the hippocampus of male rats after two weeks of nandrolone administration (Magnusson et al., 2009a).

In addition to dopamine and opioids, the neurotransmitter Serotonin plays an important role in the context of reward (Kranz et al., 2010), and AAS administration induces alterations in the
serotonergic system (Ambar and Chiavegatto, 2009; de Souza Silva et al., 2009; Rainer et al.,
2014). For example, long-term and irreversible effects on the serotonergic system following AAS administration in hamsters have been reported (Grimes and Melloni, 2006).

A recent study demonstrated that chronic administration (4 weeks, 5 mg/kg) of nandrolone caused a decrease in dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline concentrations in the nucleus accumbens (Zotti et al., 2014). From the studies described in this section, it is clear that AAS has significant effects on monoaminergic activity in brain regions associated with reward.

Effects of AAS on other signaling systems in the brain, for example the Glutamatergic, and various neuropeptidergic systems, have also been demonstrated (Hallberg, 2011; Le Greves et al., 1997; Rossbach et al., 2007). 

Glutamate is known to bind with high affinity to N-methyl-D aspartate (NMDA) receptors, which are important for neuronal plasticity, including learning and memory. A study examining the effects of two week administration of nandrolone on the NMDA receptor subunits found a decrease in the mRNA expression of GluN2A and GluN2B in certain brain regions. The expression of GluN2B subunits was attenuated by steroid treatment in the hypothalamus, whereas GluN1 subunit expression was decreased in the nucleus accumbens (Le Greves et al., 1997). In addition, even a single injection of nandrolone was shown to affect NMDA receptor subunit expression in the rat hippocampus (Rossbach et al., 2010; Rossbach et al., 2007).

To summarize, although AAS do not induce acute rewarding affects at the same magnitude as
other drugs of abuse, animal studies provide evidence that AAS have rewarding properties and affect the reward pathways in the brain. Several studies also suggest that non-genomic actions of AAS could play an important role in mediating these effects?

Forgot to mention an unexpected improvement from TRT

TRT improved my eyesight - has anyone else encountered this? Doc told he had one other patient say the same thing although he didn't know how TRT could improve eyesight - my own theory is the boost to energy levels means less strain for me while I'm at the computer.

One of my eyes started getting blurry a couple years back - it would get really bad late afternoon going into the evening - but after starting TRT my eye sight improved back to almost perfect and I can see clearly late into the night without using glasses again, amazing stuff