Introducing Myself

Goinghard

Hey to all,

I am new to this forum and looking for any an all advice I can get. Really wanting to make a big difference this time. 

I am from the states lived in NZ for a while now. I have worked on an off for about 25 years.  The goal all this time has been to frow an get big. Tried supplements tried different proteins. My average weight is around 200lbs. My goal weight is 230lbs an be solid.

Most of the times that I have quit has been from frustration from reaching a plateau an never ever seem to be able to get over the hump.

Its been around 4 years since I have worked out currently because my old job was very cardio orientated I weigh 76kg efore Xmas. I've been taking some protein an starting to do some light work outs again. In the pass 3 weeks I'm now at 86kg.

Really keen to go hard once again an hit my goals. Any help on nutrition,  supplements of any sort, stacking, etc please feel free to lete know.

Regards

Hi Goinghard, welcome to Gymnation.

Did I read that right? You've put on 10kg in 3 weeks?! :-o 

That's a shitload of weight in a very short time. That means it's mostly either fat or water or both - but I doubt whether much will be muscle, I'm sorry to say.

What does your diet look like? My advice is to ease back on the calories a bit, and make slower, more sustainable gains.

On 1/18/2018 at 6:26 AM, Goinghard said:

Oatmeal, eggs, toast  morning

Lunch pasta & tuna

Tea pasta, rice, or potatoes with a protein

2 to 3 protein shakes a day

f*ck were you even eating when you weighed 76kgs that’s really not a lot of food to put on 10kgs what’s the serving sizes like?

^ What he says.

It doesn't look like much food when you write it like that, but if you gained 10kg in 3 weeks... I dunno. Have you calculated what your total calories and daily macros add up to? It's pretty easy to work it out with the MyFitnessPal app.

Ultimately, I guess you can look in the mirror and check that you're not getting too fat. But I highly recommend working out your calories. Apart from satisfying our curiosity here, it's a good thing for you to know anyway, as it gives you a reference point for everything you do in the future.

Oatmeal, eggs, toast  morning

Lunch pasta & tuna

Tea pasta, rice, or potatoes with a pro

On 22/01/2018 at 7:07 PM, Wheytimeisover said:

f*ck were you even eating when you weighed 76kgs that’s really not a lot of food to put on 10kgs what’s the serving sizes like?

Like is said my old job I walked bwtween 10-15 kg a week. It was hard to maintain weight.  I think my normal weight is around 93 without lifting. So I didnt see it really as gaining  that much weight more as getting back to what I use to weigh.

On 22/01/2018 at 8:58 PM, Pseudonym said:

^ What he says.

It doesn't look like much food when you write it like that, but if you gained 10kg in 3 weeks... I dunno. Have you calculated what your total calories and daily macros add up to? It's pretty easy to work it out with the MyFitnessPal app.

Ultimately, I guess you can look in the mirror and check that you're not getting too fat. But I highly recommend working out your calories. Apart from satisfying our curiosity here, it's a good thing for you to know anyway, as it gives you a reference point for everything you do in the future.

Yeah totally understand. Hope the reply above helps explain a little better.  I plan on on a few weeks to find a gym an will start counting calories. Especially protein intake

• 1 month later...