disasterpiece

Decided to start doing this to keep a record of what I'm doing in the gym, diet etc...

Comments welcome...

Wednesday 8th Back / Biceps

Pulldown Reverse Grip

50lbs x15

100lbs x12

150lbs x10

170lbs x8

BB Bent Over Row Reverse Grip

40kg x15

50kg x12

60kg x9

75kg x8

Seated Cable Row

50lbs x 15

120lbs x10

140lbs x8

150lbs x8

Iso High Row

60kg x10

60kg x9

60kg x9

BB Standing Curl

55lbs x15

70lbs x12

80lbs x10

80lbs x10

EZ Bar Preacher Curl

30kg x12

40kg x10

40kg x9

40kg x8

DB Preacher Curl

20kg(per DB) x15

22.5kg x10

25kg x9

25kg x9

Cable Curl

40kg x10

45kg x9

50kg x8

Food

Meal 1 - 2 Whole Eggs, 6 Egg Whites, 2 Medium Bananas

Meal 2 - 210g Salmon, 2 Cups Brown Rice (Cooked)

Meal 3 - 250g Chicken Breast, 250gm Kumara (Cooked)

Meal 4 - 210g Salmon, 2 Cups Brown Rice (Cooked)

Meal 5 - 250g Chicken Breast, 250gm Kumara (Cooked)

Meal 6 - Protein Shake, 1 Medium Banana

Thursday 9th Delts / Abs

DB Lateral Raise

10kg x15

15kg x12

17.5kg x9

17.5kg x9

BB Upright Row Close Grip

20kg x12

30kg x9

30kg x8

Seated DB Shoulder Press

17.5kg x 15

20kg x10

22.5kg x8

25kg x8

Seated BB Behind Neck Press

20kg x12

30kg x9

40kg x9

40kg x9

Decline Crunches Holding BB To Chest

25lbs x25

35lbs x22

45lbs x18

45lbs x18

Crunch Machine Thingy

90lbs x22

120lbs x18

130lbs x18

150lbs x12

Food

Stays the same for 6 training days, 1 day off...

Food

Hope you've got plently of good veges in there too somewhere?

Food

I was just about to ask about the veges...

Lol. I hate veges 8) . But I usually mix Broccoli, Coli flour, Beans, Carrots and Corn in with the chicken meals. I don't know if there good veges but my partner and I cook our meals at the same time and shes on vege/no food diet lol so we just mix heaps of chicken and veges in at the same time..

Sunday 12th Quads / Chest / Abs

BB Back Squats

80kg x15

120kg x12

120kg x10

120kg x9

Leg Press Sled

200kg x15

240kg x12

280kg x12

320kg x9

360kg x8 75% Range Of Motion BUT A Personal Record

Decline BB Press

40kg x15

50kg x12

60kg x8

70kg x8

Incline DB Press

22.5kg x15

22.5kg x12

22.5kg x12

Chest Press Machine

50kg x15

55kg x12

60kg x12

Crunch Machine

70lbs x30

110lbs x30

130lbs x25

150lbs x15

150lbs x15

150lbs x10

Captains Chair Leg Raise w/ 5kg Medicine Ball Between Knees

12x3

• 1 month later...
so whats the goal? to burn your self out with reps?

I gotta agree with Mr HD on this one - those rep ranges seem a little high.

You should be treating your abs like any other muscle - up the intensity & lower the reps or you may as well be doing a cardio session.

IMO the reps are too high on everything except for the legs. In my opinion legs need a minimum or 8-10 reps and a max of up to 20-25.

I've added some good size to my legs doing 6 reppers, although every so often I'll throw in some widow makers just to spice things up.

IMO the reps are too high on everything except for the legs. In my opinion legs need a minimum or 8-10 reps and a max of up to 20-25.

I've added some good size to my legs doing 6 reppers, although every so often I'll throw in some widow makers just to spice things up.

Yip not saying that that's not possible I just reckon as a general rule it takes more reps to properly stimulate the muscle fibres in the legs. Most people will fing it very dificult to use enough weight to get the job done properly at that rep range.

Hi Everyone,

I havent done anything on this journal for a while. I have still been training since then but I haven't really had time to get on the computer much. Many of the varibles of my training have changed also.... I will post tonights workout and am going to try my best to keep it up to date.

- those rep ranges seem a little high.

You should be treating your abs like any other muscle - up the intensity &

Just abs that seem to high?

Yip not saying that that's not possible I just reckon as a general rule it takes more reps to properly stimulate the muscle fibres in the legs. Most people will fing it very dificult to use enough weight to get the job done properly at that rep range.

Thanks for comments Dumbelldog. My body is not correctly proportioned atm, I have big quads and everything else sucks lol well my upper body is starting to come up to par i guess. I find starting at high reps and working down to even 5-6 reps works great for legs. I have experienced large mass gains by doing this style of training(15-12-10-8-6). I didnt do this with other parts like chest as I am a bit weak in that area so I guess I was trying to build strength by doing higher reps for all sets.

Like I say my training has changed alot and I will very much welcome everyones comments on it once I have been to the gym tonight.

• 7 months later...
Why is your upper body so weak in comparison to your legs?

I'm not a 100% sure but I think it is becasue when I first started going to the gym I didnt know what I was doing I also didn't have any goals so I just went back doing the same things i enjoyed doing, squats etc....

Food

And no fats :shock:

Actually SamWelly I am genuinely interested in hearing about any kind of technique you have used to get ur bench upto wear it is... Have u ever followed a specific program or have u always done pyrimid style sets and reps as it appears your doing now?

Lots of fats in Salmon and egg yolks...

There's f*ck all fat in two egg yolks and im assuming its tinned salmon, if fresh thats another story.

We must eat different eggs and salmon to each other lol. or are u meaning the fat in tinned salmon is bad? there is about 10grams of fat to a 36gram portion of protein.

Actually SamWelly I am genuinely interested in hearing about any kind of technique you have used to get ur bench upto wear it is... Have u ever followed a specific program or have u always done pyrimid style sets and reps as it appears your doing now?

I started with a 60-70kg bench 2 years ago. Since then have trained it once a week, every set to failure - 8-10 reps, 4-5 sets. With no real change in regime.

Have now started to incorperate a lot more incline bench (PB is now 160kg for 6) and Dumbell Flys to add some more mass. Shoulder strength directly relates to press strength. Standing militarys and seated DB press seems to work well.

Blocks are awesome if you know how to use them. If I start to plateu I will start bringing them back in.

Lots of fats in Salmon and egg yolks...

There's f*ck all fat in two egg yolks and im assuming its tinned salmon, if fresh thats another story.

We must eat different eggs and salmon to each other lol. or are u meaning the fat in tinned salmon is bad? there is about 10grams of fat to a 36gram portion of protein.

I think its more likley our idea of a good amount of fat that is different. So your getting around 30-35gm a day? And your carbs are quite high so your not likley cutting. Personally I would add a tblsp of XV olive oil to each meal and a few grams of fish oil throughout the day.