Rear delt flies (machine)

33kg 3 x 12

Lateral raises

3 x 10

V-bar pushdown

3 x 10

Skullcrushers

3 x 6

Here is my new program, pretty much the same shit I was doing but more tailored to my "busy" lifestyle. Differences are that it does not change from week to week, and no more front squats on shoulder day, and also goes a bit easier on the deadlifts so I can recover faster and enjoy them more. Its more of a higher frequency bodybuilding style routine than a powerlifting routine but will obviously still get me stronger, but is not the main focus, and i'll spend more time on things like arms, shoulders, back etc since I wont be spending the first 30 mins on trying to hit a specific weight / reps on the big 3. Rather will probably just go by feel for those and add weight when I can, rather than make that the whole goal of the program. Also goes without saying I wont have a week for testing maxes etc.

Tell me what you guys think.

Workout Program.docx

1 hour ago, GyzzBrah said:

Here is my new program, pretty much the same shit I was doing but more tailored to my "busy" lifestyle. Differences are that it does not change from week to week, and no more front squats on shoulder day, and also goes a bit easier on the deadlifts so I can recover faster and enjoy them more. Its more of a higher frequency bodybuilding style routine than a powerlifting routine but will obviously still get me stronger, but is not the main focus, and i'll spend more time on things like arms, shoulders, back etc since I wont be spending the first 30 mins on trying to hit a specific weight / reps on the big 3. Rather will probably just go by feel for those and add weight when I can, rather than make that the whole goal of the program. Also goes without saying I wont have a week for testing maxes etc.

Tell me what you guys think.

Workout Program.docx

you keep just repeating the same shit.

stop "planning" and start "doing"

who cares what plan you make as you wont follow it for more than a week.

best plan for you is gonna be one you actually follow.

27 minutes ago, maccaz said:

you keep just repeating the same shit.

stop "planning" and start "doing"

who cares what plan you make as you wont follow it for more than a week.

best plan for you is gonna be one you actually follow.

Yeah I have started doing actually bro. Went gym 2 days in a row (as seen above). Got sick so now going tommorow and day after that too.

Also I got a good diet plan sorted as well, and got into the hang of meal planning and cooking for myself. I get up early, cook a good breakfast (eggs), then usually eat leftover tea for lunch or noodles with tuna / tuna & cheese melt / baked beans etc, then cook a big dinner. Here is the meal plan for the week since monday till this weekend:

- Chilli beans / mince + nachoes

- Chilli beans / mince + rice

- Fried rice w/ eggs

- Baked fish and chips

- Spaghetti bolonese w/ mince

- Leftover spagetti bolonese w/ mince

- Tuna / potato bake

- Mac and cheese

Not the most ideal diet but easy for me to follow and has enough calories and im getting a decent quantity of protein and carbs, and usually have a protein shake too.

Bench

60kg 4 x 8

Hammer strength rows

35kg each hand 4 x 8-12

Incline dumbell press

24kg 3 x 8

Fly / rear delt superset

3 x 8

V-bar pushdown / hammer curl superset

3 x 12

Barbell curls

4 x 8

Legs tomorrow

20 hours ago, Bruce Al said:

Could always add some mixed vegetables into your mince so you dont die.

Yeah I do all of those things. For berevitys sake im not going to talk about what seasonings, frozen veggies, etc I add to the meals. Goes without saying.

Overhead press

40kg 3 x 8

Close grip bench paused

60 x 6, 6, 5

Rear delts

3 x 15

Lateral raises

4 x 12

Skullcrushers

3 x 6

Tricep pushdowns

3 x 8

Curls

4 x 12

Bench Press

60 x 8

65 x 8

65 x 6

65 x 4

Hammer strength rows

4 x 10

Incline dumbell press

3 x 8 (26kg)

Rear delt fly + normal fly machine

3 x 8

Tricep pushdowns / hammer curl superset

4 x 8

EZ bar Curls

4 x 8

Question: are front squats better for quad development than normal squats? How do they fare for glute and hamstring development? Since I never really liked back squats thinking about just not doing them, if front squats + machines would suffice for decent gains.

Honestly cant believe im actually going to the gym consistently these days... how far I have come...

Overhead Press

45kg for 3 x 5

Close Grip bench press

3 x 6

Arnold press

3 x 8

Lateral raises

4 x 10

Rear delt machine

3 x 10

Skullcrushers

3 x 6

Curls

4 x 8

V-bar pushdown

3 x 10

On 8/04/2018 at 11:16 AM, GyzzBrah said:

Question: are front squats better for quad development than normal squats? How do they fare for glute and hamstring development? Since I never really liked back squats thinking about just not doing them, if front squats + machines would suffice for decent gains.

There may be some slight difference between front and normal squats, in terms of focusing on certain muscles - but I think that's a relatively technical detail, and they both work the same muscles more or less. If you prefer front squats to back squats, and if that means you'll train them more consistently, then do front squats! :-p 

Having said that, you probably won't be able to load up the weights as much on front squats, but as long as you take that into consideration and go heavy on some other exercises, I don't see that as being an insurmountable problem.

3 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

There may be some slight difference between front and normal squats, in terms of focusing on certain muscles - but I think that's a relatively technical detail, and they both work the same muscles more or less. If you prefer front squats to back squats, and if that means you'll train them more consistently, then do front squats! :-p 

Having said that, you probably won't be able to load up the weights as much on front squats, but as long as you take that into consideration and go heavy on some other exercises, I don't see that as being an insurmountable problem.

Yeah I feel apologetic for saying I wouldnt do squats lol. I did them anyway with a manageable weight and will just work my way up slowly. For some reason even when I really enjoyed squatting I could never go above 100kg or so which is surprising since squats work really big muscle groups and should have gained at a much faster rate. When I started front squats I didnt experience this same plateau and had no issue doing them. I'll just see how it goes.

like i told you over and over. you're obivously doing something wrong with your squats and feel free to send me a video or post a video and ill help with some pointers.

doing fronts only is a crutch. nothing wrong with them but dont do them just because back squats arent progressing..

On 15/04/2018 at 5:24 PM, maccaz said:

like i told you over and over. you're obivously doing something wrong with your squats and feel free to send me a video or post a video and ill help with some pointers.

doing fronts only is a crutch. nothing wrong with them but dont do them just because back squats arent progressing..

I mean I will see what I can do, but ive had my squats observed by a mates dad who was a strong af olympic lifter back in the day and he says their fine apart from a slight lean forward.

Ive seen a few skinny kids as well probably barely weighing 70kgs lifting like 140kg+ with horrible form, will definetly injure themselves, but they were lifting that weight still.

It's entirely possible im just being a bitch. Will test theory in coming weeks.

13 hours ago, GyzzBrah said:

It's entirely possible im just being a bitch. Will test theory in coming weeks.

guilty of being a lil bitch in the past lol. its all mind games. i remember this one time when 100kg felt real hard i happened to be on snapchat with @maccaz at the time he just said go yolo and do 120 cos you can and i ended up doing that for 6 then busting through plataeus on that.. if your bench / deadlift is getting up there it only makes sense your squat is a lot stronger than you think as long as you doing it right.

1 hour ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

guilty of being a lil bitch in the past lol. its all mind games. i remember this one time when 100kg felt real hard i happened to be on snapchat with @maccaz at the time he just said go yolo and do 120 cos you can and i ended up doing that for 6 then busting through plataeus on that.. if your bench / deadlift is getting up there it only makes sense your squat is a lot stronger than you think as long as you doing it right.

Yeah lol same thing happened earlier when some dude warmed up with my "max" on the bar then walked away casually. Proceeded to do 5 reps angrilly. Also I actually remember when I was 17 some dude in class told me he could squat 100 for 8 reps when I could only do like 2-3 so that same night I did 10 reps and told him the next day.