Double unders

Joshwalesby

Alright I’m new to this, but my dad has been doing Crossfit for 3 years now and can do single under then double under perfectly fine. It is when he starts to try to link the double unders when his left wrist will not keep up with his right wrist in terms of speed. He can only manage 2 or 3 before getting whiplash. He’s at the point where he is so frustrated he wants to just quit Crossfit and go to the normal gym. He’s tryed everything online. Any exercises or tips to help his wrist speed get stronger?

cheers

And I probably can't be much more help than New Pome, sorry Josh!

But what solutions do the trainers at his crossfit box suggest? They're probably the best people to ask. Certainly doesn't seem like it's worth quitting crossfit over though...

And when you say he's "tried everything" online, what does that include?

He doesn’t go to a box anymore we have a home Crossfit gym. He’s tried double under trainers by rx gear. He’s brought programme’s he been to workshops, he’s looked at tips online but still can’t get them. He’s sick of it after 3 years of practise every day or so and not linking more then 7

A tip for wrist conditioning.

I did martial arts for about 15years, the number one exercise we would practise to strengthen the wrist and the associated bones in the hands, and to condition the skin on the knuckles was press ups on bare knuckles. 

Tight closed fist, straight wrist, forearm mostly perpendicular (90degrees) to floor. Concentrate on having the index and mid finger knuckles as the main contact points with the floor. 

This will improve your grip and fap strength, if done consistently

• 2 weeks later...