Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5kg fat gain in 2 weeks - How to bounce back? HELP

4 posts in this topic

Hi team, 

I have jumped from 69kg to 74kg in the space of 2 weeks.

I was dieting down and was on about 1800cals a day, and then for the past 2 weeks I decided to take a break and completely blew out. I would not be surprised if I was having like 5k+ calories daily (the cravings were real, and i'm  surprised I can stomach that much food lol..)

I'm looking to hop back on the diet etc, what is the best move? What would you do?

Thanks

9 hours ago, Dream said:

Hi team, 

I have jumped from 69kg to 74kg in the space of 2 weeks.

I was dieting down and was on about 1800cals a day, and then for the past 2 weeks I decided to take a break and completely blew out. I would not be surprised if I was having like 5k+ calories daily (the cravings were real, and i'm  surprised I can stomach that much food lol..)

I'm looking to hop back on the diet etc, what is the best move? What would you do?

Thanks

There's nothing miraculous you can do. Although there's a good chance a decent portion of that 5kg is water weight from all the extra carbs you were consuming.

Just cut back carbs for a few days first off, deplete your glycogen stores a little, and then see where your weights at. At the end of the day though you've just extended your dieting down period though, something which we all do now and then I'd say. 

There's a lot of factors at play though. How much were you exercising at 1800 Cal's? What's your estimated maintenance? Etc... 

If you were overdoing the diet (rushing it), then I'm not surprised if your body threw a fit and we're sending you crazy signals in the form of cravings. 

Don't go overdoing it the next 2 weeks trying to play catch up though in my opinion. You will set yourself up for failure, maybe get sick as well if you're too run down during cold/flu season, and that'll delay things even further. 

Pseudonym likes this

Keto. Then re introduce carbs after 2-3 weeks. Followed by never doing that again lol or at least until you reach your goal. 

Hey Dream, don't take breaks, they happen but they can slow your progress. Whatever you were doing at 69kgs you need to do again