NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
conaharu

6 month progress

definitely a little bit of progress, but you could make so much more if you eat more (i mean quality food too, not junk). Eat till you're absolutely stuffed imo. If i was that size i wouldnt even care about dirty bulking and putting on some fat. Just eat like a horse

Good job, man! You can see the improvements! You're really starting to fill out.

Gaining 8kg in 6 months is a good speed, IMO. You definitely want to make sure you're eating plenty (and keep increasing it as you get bigger), but I don't see the point in eat shitloads only to put on a heap of fat that you then have to get rid of later.

Have you sat down and worked out your diet and macros?

What Psuedo said. I personally believe the marginal increase in muscle mass is definitely not worth the mental and physical stress you will go through later to burn all that fat.

I'm still reeling from an accidental dirty bulk lol.

https://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

To get a rough idea of how much you should be eating. But it isn't the Bible, basically test the calories they suggest and see if your body weight moves at the speed and in the direction you wanted it too. 

What's your training program? 

Allso your young so your not full grown yet and will still have growing to do.Keep eating plenty but not junk allso if your trying to get bigger/put weight on id stay off the chardio

Nice work man. Be happy and proud of those improvements! Imo you're too young to count macros. No 14 yr old should be following a calorie counted meal plan. But that doesn't mean you can't make smart decisions and know kind of what you should be eating. Things like meat sandwhiches, fruit yoghurts, oats, weat bix, milk, chicken drum sticks, tuna, any meat for that matter are all gonna be good tools for you to grow muscle. By the looks of things you're gonna gain mainly lean muscle anyway due to your body type. Just don't get into the habit of eating pies all day. I'd say 80% clean,20% whatever you want and you're on your way. For example, eat clean all day then have whatever is there for dinner. The most important part of all of this is you are enjoying training. If you enjoy being In the gym and continue to enjoy it you will make and continue to make gains for many years.  Just a little bit of advice I think could help you out.

when you log on ti gymnation to find out 14yr old training for 6 months be more jacked than you

7-ways-bollywood-taught-us-to-deal-with-

thats awesome gains dude. if you can keep up consistent progress like that then you'll be absolutely solid by the time you're 20.

On 02/09/2017 at 9:52 AM, trainlikeafreak said:

Imo you're too young to count macros. No 14 yr old should be following a calorie counted meal plan. But that doesn't mean you can't make smart decisions and know kind of what you should be eating. 

Yeah, good call.

@conaharu, ignore my comment about macros then! Just jump on the scales every so often, and if your gains start to plateau, add a little more food. For now, just keep things simple. Plenty of time to over-complicate it later! :-p 

10 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Yeah, good call.

@conaharu, ignore my comment about macros then! Just jump on the scales every so often, and if your gains start to plateau, add a little more food. For now, just keep things simple. Plenty of time to over-complicate it later! :-p 

Haha was only my opinion man. He might be more than happy to follow a plan and if he is go hard! Not saying it's wrong it's Just not what I think is necessary at that age. It would be different if he was over weight but he's an ecto. Even if he was overweight or obese so much can be achieved just through better choices. Sorry if I came across arrogant lol didn't mean to but yeah that's just what I'd advise anyway... baby steps. Just eat lol.

anyway go hard OP and keep up the good work :)