Looking for a mentor.

Mash potatoe already has milk and butter in it. Adding cheese is just filthy lol. But each to their own. Mash potatoe and cheese with chocolate milk is a shit post workout meal or any meal to be eating on a regular basis. 

Quality is more important than quantity. Especially when you are new. People who weigh 75kg shouldn't need to eat unhealthy and make poor choices in relation to beefing up their daily calorie total. That's what people need to do who weigh 125kg and want to get to 135kg.

On 8/9/2017 at 9:54 PM, Realtalk said:

No it's garbage. It's high in fat and has next to no protein. Why add things like cheese and butter to your potatoes, I know I know to add more calories... 

what about just eating more potatoe..

Cause that's just way too fucking simple.

if you're eating over 5k clean cals per day at less than 8% body fat and are unable to gain weight then ok fair enough... but how often is that the case lol

I dunno about the clean thing.  I'm a hard gainer, was like 60-65 kg at 1.80cm up until about 19-20.   I've gymed about 10 years, natty, and made my best gains smashing chocolate at night. A block a night for extra Cals.  Went through stages of eating super clean, heaps of protein; but it was pretty hard, and results no better than moderate protein and a diet 70% clean.

8 hours ago, hamdanz said:

I dunno about the clean thing.  I'm a hard gainer, was like 60-65 kg at 1.80cm up until about 19-20.   I've gymed about 10 years, natty, and made my best gains smashing chocolate at night. A block a night for extra Cals.  Went through stages of eating super clean, heaps of protein; but it was pretty hard, and results no better than moderate protein and a diet 70% clean.

Increase healthy fats if unable to obtain enough calories..

A full bar of chocolate before bed isnt healthy and could screw up insulin sensitivity..

Casein protein with some fats pre bed might be best..

11 hours ago, hamdanz said:

There will always be the odd person who can get away with Eating that way. But trust me I have worked with a lot of people and the ones who are "hard gainers" and can only gain weight eating dirty are generally the least consistent with their nutrition. Trust me it'll only get you so far. Also apatite can get really effected by eating too much garbage. Your body will process and utilise good quality food a lot for efficiently than dirty food and again this is highlighted by "hard gainers" I know of having really bad appetites. A bad appetite is a sign of either poor metabolism or poor digestion/utilisation. Just my 2c !!

Personally, I'm not a big fan of eating.  Sure, I like food.  But the idea of sitting there eating a huge plate of rice or potato to make calories, nope.  I've never been a snacker either.  People who can sit there for hours eating bags of chips etc, nope.

i eat for purpose, or enjoyment of taste. Not the enjoyment of eating. If that makes sense?

During the day, my diet is great.  I get a lot of good calories and micros in my morning shake - egg, whey, oats, spinach, banana, berries etc.  few more bananas during the day, another shake, and the odd pie.  A good Heathly dinner.  But after 8 pm, I'll smash whatever.  My weight goes between 82 and 92 generally, depending on if trying to bulk. I generally just look to maintain, just control the choc smashing.  I would sit between 12-20% bf.

i have researched a lot over the years, and know my own body.  I also know a lot of pro athletes who share a diet very similar to me.  70-80% clean.  To an active person, there's no problem with bad cals and the potential associated health problems.  Different to an inactive fat lard.

i know some people will never get away from the body building mentality of clean calories all the time.  But to the average joe, my approach is. A heck of a lot more sustainable, and something you can do for a life time.

5 hours ago, hamdanz said:

i have researched a lot over the years, and know my own body.  I also know a lot of pro athletes who share a diet very similar to me.  70-80% clean.  To an active person, there's no problem with bad cals and the potential associated health problems.  Different to an inactive fat lard.

Obviously haven't yarned with any Vegans, RIP OP. 

What you put in your mouth influences your health whether your active or not. People are concerned about the air they breathe, the water they drink or environmental factors but not so much about food we eat, in ways other than it influences your body composition. 

But bodybuilding isn't a health lifestyle anywhos so who cares up the dose and leave a large coffin with the goals of leaving humanity behind.  

1 hour ago, Realtalk said:

Is there any proof that vegans are actually any healthier than people who include animal sources in their food intake?

im talking apple with apple proof, so example vegan triathletes with Animal fed triathletes. Not 40yo male couch potatoes with active 22yo female vegan students.

I gave my Daughter a similar lecture yesterday on how I believed vegan diet was unhealthy by illiminating meats..

I was surprised after she returned with groceries and cooked me my first vegan meal..

If planned correctly it would appear very healthy..

Most of the damage to human biological systems (especially mitrocondria) comes from the metabolic breakdown of foods, therefore if most of those foods are antioxident rich it seems logically healthier on the the body..

2 hours ago, trainlikeafreak said:

It's unhealthy to totally eliminate meat from ones diet. There I said it.

According to meat producer sponsored "health" promoting orgs in the states usually.

Bottom line, meat offers you nothing you can't get elsewhere from less carcinogenic sources. It does have some stuff in higher concentrations of course, but that's not a sufficient reason to eat it the way I see it.

Do I eat meat? f*ck yeah, but once or twice a week only for the last two months. Also gave up milk, and that was the best decision ever. 

Have I lost size or strength? No. 

Did I save money not buying meat products? Yes. 

And I'm South African, I was pretty much raised on steak and boerewors, but I need only look at the health of my immediate and extended family to see the effects of a diet excessively high in animal products (especially meat). 

It's an interesting topic though for sure, but since we all know f*ck all in general since there's a convenient lack of studies into this, an open mind is good ?