NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community

not on pc/forums as much as used to be but i remember last time i was lacking motivation i kept it together with log so lets try see if it works again. last thread was full of too much non lifting crap, aiming to keep this one clean.

peaked around july/august last year with the comp training and all then got bored as preoccupied chasing other hobbies for a while. stopped lifting seriously around november, had on and off relationship with gym in the new year and then became more consistent around june but mainly just machines. had first proper power lifting session for the year yesterday, it feels good to be back. was a bit surprised i could just go in and deadlift (in my opinion) a decent amount as if it were nothing.

wanna give myself a few training blocks this year build up strong foundation and try my hand again at some power lifting comps next year. no dates / comps in mind as yet.

body weight currently 62kg. still lean. not too concerned with gaining weight like i used to be, just wanna be the strongest that my frame allows me to be and still maintain some fitness for my other regular hobby (hiking).

05 August 2017

Deadlifts 2x5x60, 2x3x100, 1x120, 1x140, 1x160, 3x100

Shrugs

Pullups : 12, 8, 8

Arms

wooops so much for keeping a log and training consistently lol.

did deads again yesterday up to 160kg for  2 reps this time. didn't feel quite right, like i'm using my back too much and legs a lot less so will take it back to basics from the next session.

body weight consistently at 65kg over the last week. feeling of doms is quite overwhelming these days, reminds me of when i first started all those years ago lol.

looots of work been getting done to try balance out my posture and all that. too much sitting down noticing super tight hips and lazy glutes which lead to a pretty poor and painful squat in comparison to my deadlifts. last time my error was only stretching the hip flexors but not strengthening the glutes, so i'm focusing on that in isolation work for a bit on what would otherwise be squat days.  hope to see a more balanced squat : deadlift ratio come in soon!

working sets of 5x5x140kg deads easy as heck. need to improve grip tho figure that'll come back with more time on the bar as usual.

all that hip mobility i been doing recently along with the glute isolation has been having my glutes burn like a mofo on the daily, but seem it's worth it so far. using standing desks at work while keeping a regular check on my posture too.

bodyweight 66kg and not fat... it almost was too easy to regain my weight, just a matter of keeping consistent with eating and training to build the strength back.

couple sets of 1x180kg deads today.  easy, slow and controlled on the way down too. feeling pretty positive that my lower back feels almost nothing from this, so the glutes /hips are really coming in to play now.

hips getting better, so glad i finally understand the root cause of that dam hip pain thats been bugging me for so long. still not comfortable to squat yet as heaps more mobility to gain and glute medius has probably another month or two of strengthening before i'm happy with my external rotation goals.