NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
king

joint pain

i'v been getting some joint pain on my legs, some snapping occurring on my knees when i extend them. difficult to run, knees hurt when walking up or down stairs etc. Any idea whats happing, physio just taped the knee's up, did have a serious hip flexor injury back in my teens when i played competitive sports thats about it for my history of injuries. Thanks 

Take something for joints is a good start, curcumin is really good.  Concentrated turmeric, will help with inflammation big time.  

Get someone one to check your squat out, and start stretching hip flexors, hamstrings etc.  Could have other imbalances causing squat to be problematic, common one is weak glutes, core, hamstrings etc.  Causes quads to become more dominant, often bend forward more like a good morning as the back half of you is weak, so weight is more comfortable when further forward. Often correlated with inflexibility and tightness.

On 02/11/2017 at 9:43 PM, hamdanz said:

Take something for joints is a good start, curcumin is really good.  Concentrated turmeric, will help with inflammation big time.  

Get someone one to check your squat out, and start stretching hip flexors, hamstrings etc.  Could have other imbalances causing squat to be problematic, common one is weak glutes, core, hamstrings etc.  Causes quads to become more dominant, often bend forward more like a good morning as the back half of you is weak, so weight is more comfortable when further forward. Often correlated with inflexibility and tightness.

Bioavailability is negligible..

2 hours ago, Daz69 said:

Bioavailability is negligible..

I had knee issues in the path that Curcumin helped out with big time.

bioavailability issues would be 99% of supps wouldn't it?

7 hours ago, hamdanz said:

I had knee issues in the path that Curcumin helped out with big time.

bioavailability issues would be 99% of supps wouldn't it?

How do you know curcumin was responsible and it didn't just heal on its own..

I've looked into bioavailability of curcumin and its very low to almost negligible, piperidine assists absorption but its still crap..

Yeah, I was using both. You're right, you can't.  Just like with any supplement really.  I just know that I had the issue for awhile, tried a few things, keep training and it never got better.  Tried curcumin, kept training, and then came right pretty much straight away.  Might have been chance, might have been placebo, might have been jebus.

Depends on the joint and how big you roll it,

but srs agmatine sulphate used in conjunction with pot works really well for targeting lower back pain. 

On 02/11/2017 at 9:38 PM, hamdanz said:

Probably got tight hip flexors, squats all fucked up, and affecting your knees.

this, had major hip flexor issue back in high school with this