NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
urbano

Olympic lifting coach in Wellington

this is on behalf of.....Have tried to translate those from the question I was asked.

Lookign for an Olympic lifting coach in Wellington. Not wanting to lift from the floor at this stage but  more interested  in the lifts  given to athletes(not specifically weightlifters) in training environments (e.g.  hang high pulls).

Had a look around and a lot of the options seem to be personal training sessions with Crossfit coaches. Not saying they are bad but was wondering f there are any specific Olympic lifting coaches ? I also came across the club at Powerhouse and one in Petone but no indication of actual coaching.

Does anyone have any recommendations...or places to stay away from ?

You could try Matt at 41 Degrees Weightlifting, or Phil Silverman at Wellington Weightlifting - they'll likely have some ideas.

Don't knock some of the CrossFit coaches - I know one of Matt's colleagues, who just did the Masters Games in Auckland, and did really well.  She coaches at a CF box in Petone, but knows WL and PL.

Thanks  teamfatboy. Yeah certainly not discrediting the Crossfit coaches, they just seemed to be the only ones I found advertising their services.

Off topic, do you train at CF in Petone ?

12 hours ago, urbano said:

Thanks  teamfatboy. Yeah certainly not discrediting the Crossfit coaches, they just seemed to be the only ones I found advertising their services.

Off topic, do you train at CF in Petone ?

No, not me... I did train at MaD CrossFit in Petone, but that would have been at least four years ago now... didn't mind the CF approach, just couldn't make the "You must do N WoDs/ week" thing work with my job at the time.