NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
craig1973nz

Another should i question..

Hi guys, regular lurker here

Looking at setting up for a 2nd cycle (first was  500Test E for 12weeks, with an AI used due to getting these bad headaches) Now when I started the first cycle I was around 91kg and 21%ish (I know way to high , which meant my E2 was high -thus the headaches) ended up around 95 after pct with lessons learnt

ATM I've cut down to around 14% bf @ 84kg and are looking to start a cycle soon, should I do another run of test e only maybe for 15weeks, or test e and another compound or possibly a blend? Bearing in mind that I'm at a lower BF this time thus will have a lower e2 result hopefully resulting in not using an AI

Also I've gone keto for cutting, possible to do keto while bulking and on cycle?

Stats, 43yo

6ft, current weight 84kg 14%ish

Thanks for the advice in advance

I fell like i need to answer a few questions for you, first testosterone and estrogen dont give you headaches, high blood pressure will give you a headache or you are injecting poison and the only way you will know if you have high estrogen is by having a blood test just cause your fat doesnt mean your e2 is high, and a AI wont help with your headache. About your cycle you dont want to do the same as last time if i was you i would add in 200mg to 300mg of an anabolic like deca or eq and then next time same again but add in some dianabol. good luck

Thanks Eddie, i know had a high e2 because i got the base tests and midway tests though a doc, it was thought having the high e2 might have raised my prolectin levels which caused the headaches, long story short having 12.5mg of AI EOD helped

Yeh was thinking of adding Deca but was wondering if i should just keep it basic again , since id be around 10% less in BF maybe my E2 levels wouldnt be raised so much and id get bigger gains..or maybe im just overthinking it all

On 19/04/2017 at 9:39 AM, eddie said:

high blood pressure will give you a headache

^ Agreed. This seems like the most likely cause. Particularly with all the contributing factors: 1) on cycle, 2) high eostrogen, 3) high BF%... Did you check your blood pressure while on cycle, @craig1973nz?

On 18/04/2017 at 10:57 PM, craig1973nz said:

I've gone keto for cutting, possible to do keto while bulking and on cycle?

Possible, sure. I don't think you'd be helping your gains. Carbs play a big role in shuttling nutrients into the muscle. If you're on cycle with no carbs, it seems to me like you'd be creating an anabolic environment with a shitty protein delivery system. (This is pure bro-science from me though - so others may beg to differ.)

TBH, if you had issues with the first cycle, I wouldn't go adding extra compounds into the second one. Keep it simple, and when you can do a cycle without suffering any complications like headaches, only then think about adding other stuff in the mix.

My 2c:

- Switch back to a normal diet with carbs now, and work out what macros/calories you need to maintain a steady weight.

- Once you've got that stabilised, then start a simple cycle. Test only. See what happens now your BF% is lower.

- Add more compounds (if you wish) in cycle #3.

9 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

^ Agreed. This seems like the most likely cause. Particularly with all the contributing factors: 1) on cycle, 2) high eostrogen, 3) high BF%... Did you check your blood pressure while on cycle, @craig1973nz?

Hi Pseudonym, Yeh i got everything checked (first thing he did was BP), i went to the doctor before, during and after. Having the AI during the time i was having them though helped and to be honest it was only for the first few weeks(test flu?) (sry left that out)

9 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Possible, sure. I don't think you'd be helping your gains. Carbs play a big role in shuttling nutrients into the muscle. If you're on cycle with no carbs, it seems to me like you'd be creating an anabolic environment with a shitty protein delivery system. (This is pure bro-science from me though - so others may beg to differ.)

TBH, if you had issues with the first cycle, I wouldn't go adding extra compounds into the second one. Keep it simple, and when you can do a cycle without suffering any complications like headaches, only then think about adding other stuff in the mix.

My 2c:

- Switch back to a normal diet with carbs now, and work out what macros/calories you need to maintain a steady weight.

- Once you've got that stabilised, then start a simple cycle. Test only. See what happens now your BF% is lower.

- Add more compounds (if you wish) in cycle #3.

Would the AAS increase protein synthesis kinda balancing it out?

Im on Holiday soon for a month so the Keto will be gone , just wondering whether to return to it once back thats all. Ill most likely follow your advice now and find maintenance calories (macros)  on holiday and work out whether to continuing cutting or starting bulking when back maybe just adding Winny if i continue to cut.

Thanks dude.