Ghetto workouts

Pseudonym

4 hours ago, Monarchking said:

I was 23 and decided to "gain weight" because I was 57kg and an alcoholic so started doing starting strength. Didn't have a squat rack so hung a pole with tyres on each end and filled each tyre up with 1 stone per woekout. I had to get into a full, squat postion. And put the "bar" on my back then start from there haha

I did the same thing. A thick piece of wooden dowel, about a metre long, with a heavy tyre nailed into position at either end. Except I didn't squat with it. I just did bicep curls. :-D 

What funky homemade equipment did the rest of you guys start with?

• 4 months later...

The 1st time i made any attempt at lifting weights was at a mates place in the garage.We were about 15 and would go round after rugby practice and get on his dads old weider home gym set up with the cobb webs etc and stand round drinking beers.Last i heard 60kg on the bench was the record for that gym

True story.

I must have been about 8 or 9 yrs old Me and my cousin used to watch his dad and older brother do lat and behind the neck pulldowns with a homemade rig... rope, pulley and a v8 engine block  ( Probably a FORD block :-pLOL) in there car port they also used to fill up the empty waikato big bots and carry crates up and down there driveway they had this bar with wheels welded onto the ends and do curls etc...fucking once were warriors kinda shit!....anyway back on subject first bench i got was a weider that came with the old school dumbbells that you could screw and unscrew weights on the ends, oh yeah i also had one of those things that had handles on each end and springs through the middle you could add or remove the springs for extra tension and shit.