Neil deGrasse Tyson seminar

jimmybro1

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson is coming to New Zealand to present at a seminar. 

Not sure if any of the meatheads here follow his Star talk podcast or have seen the Cosmos series he is continuing from Carl Sagan work but it is so intriguing.

If you have any interest in the vastness of the universe and theories on black holes, worm holes, and the dimensions of the universe this is something to go to or at less watch his series "Cosmos: A space time Odyssey" I think it is now on NetFlicks.

The tickets are on sale the 4th of April with seminars in Auckland and Christchurch.   

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it." - Neil deGrasse Tyson 

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/90959491/neil-degrasse-tyson-sexiest-astrophysicist-alive-to-visit-nz

I know the name, but I'd never followed any of his stuff. But I read this interview and was quite impressed:

http://thespinoff.co.nz/science/degrasse/29-03-2017/the-worlds-most-famous-scientist-on-why-we-shouldnt-fear-the-robots/

He was introduced thusly:

Stoners worship him, nerds want to be him, the average person wishes they had just a tenth of his IQ – Neil deGrasse Tyson is the closest thing science has to a rockstar right now and likely ever will.

A lot of my friends are getting very excited. I'm just not sure which category they fall into.