Transgender M2F wins weighlifting contest.

I think there's another issue here as well - Hubbard was encouraged to compete as a woman by the powers that be, and there's a lot of talk about a medal at the Commonwealth Games. Medals get funding.

This is not necessarily Hubbard's fault, though I personally agree with Donz that Hubbard's choice was a dick move. Not an issue of character though - it took a lot of courage to make that choice and face public scrutiny - just a particularly selfish one. Hubbard didn't compete to represent TG, [she] competed to represent [herself]. Screw whether it was fair or not - and the fact [she] didn't front to media [herself] to answer the questions of fairness is a reasonable indicator of this.

Looking at some of the vids on top 10 Wilkes, it may be that that with even more data, something similar *could* work - people achieving percentile ratings per-category (categories derived from measurables such as weight, age, gender) within a competitive framework based on historical data. Medals could then be awarded based on percentiles achieved during competition - though this would greatly reduce the amount of medals available (and increasing their value).Bring on all the old fogey athletes!

[Edit]: And by gender I mean a sliding scale, even something as simple as oestrogen/test balance might suffice initially. As we get more advanced methods of measuring, age out the old data.

4 hours ago, donz said:

How the f*ck is my comment "wider" transgender hate? I was merely saying this dude who competed against women is a gutless dipshit.  If your comment wasn't at me then ignore that but it seems pretty well timed to not be. If you think I'm against transgender then you also fit into the dipshit category as you know nothing about my life or my circle of friends.

Jesus, Donz... relax! I was referring to a number of comments that seemed to be particularly intolerant of transgenders as a whole, rather discussing than the actions of this one specific person. Comments that transgenders are disgusting, weird, or mentally ill are not okay, and I was trying to ensure this topic didn't go any further down that path.

I did wonder about your calling her "a dude" - just because that's also a technique commonly used by people to register their disapproval of transgenders by refusing to acknowledge their transition. But I accept that in this case, it was part of the context of this discussion.

13 hours ago, donz said:

The human being in this story and situation made a dick move. It's simple.

I don't know if you ever read to the end of my post, but if you did, you'll see we actually completely agree on this.

I think it's only right to compete as a man if you were born a man. 

Just my thoughts. 

Makes it very unfair for all the real women that train super hard for these events. 

People can do what they want with there bodies it's there right but don't compete in any comps that give you an advantage. 

Lol, question for all you none transgender guys, if you hooked up with a nice young lady in a club one night and took her home for a night of passion then in the morning she/he told you they used to be a man. 

Would you think it's ok her passport says he/she is a woman now????

It's perfectly ok to find them weird, disgusting or say it's a mental illness. Freedom of expression on the first two points and actual (not bullshit p.c. crap) scientific fact on the last. It is even currently classified as such by the WHO. 

I think it's fine for them to be weird cunts and live their lives out in a role play as the opposite sex but no one should even be entertaining the idea of accepting someone as a sex that they aren't. It's a load of shit.

People are far to accepting these days, it's all about not hurting others feelings and doing whatever you can to not be coined a bigot. 

This whole social justice warrior shit is a spin off of this logic where the heterosexual white male is the one to be made an example of. 

If this were to happen two decades ago no way this stuff would float. All for people being able to  mutilate them selfs as they see fit but competing in the opposite DNA based gender is bullshit. 

On 3/24/2017 at 6:31 PM, Chaosinflesh said:

I think there's another issue here as well - Hubbard was encouraged to compete as a woman by the powers that be, and there's a lot of talk about a medal at the Commonwealth Games. Medals get funding.

This is not necessarily Hubbard's fault, though I personally agree with Donz that Hubbard's choice was a dick move. Not an issue of character though - it took a lot of courage to make that choice and face public scrutiny - just a particularly selfish one. Hubbard didn't compete to represent TG, [she] competed to represent [herself]. Screw whether it was fair or not - and the fact [she] didn't front to media [herself] to answer the questions of fairness is a reasonable indicator of this.

Looking at some of the vids on top 10 Wilkes, it may be that that with even more data, something similar *could* work - people achieving percentile ratings per-category (categories derived from measurables such as weight, age, gender) within a competitive framework based on historical data. Medals could then be awarded based on percentiles achieved during competition - though this would greatly reduce the amount of medals available (and increasing their value).Bring on all the old fogey athletes!

[Edit]: And by gender I mean a sliding scale, even something as simple as oestrogen/test balance might suffice initially. As we get more advanced methods of measuring, age out the old data.

I tend to agree on all fronts here. I do think she has been advised not to speak. I get the feeling this whole thing is bigger than just the competition.

On 3/25/2017 at 9:28 AM, New pome said:

I think it's only right to compete as a man if you were born a man. 

Just my thoughts. 

Makes it very unfair for all the real women that train super hard for these events. 

People can do what they want with there bodies it's there right but don't compete in any comps that give you an advantage. 

By that definition though I would get to compete as female . . . With all the bonuses of 5 years of testosterone . . . 

10 hours ago, Psyke said:

By that definition though I would get to compete as female . . . With all the bonuses of 5 years of testosterone . . . 

He didn't say females on test should compete against normal females (just the opposite) and he said don't compete in any comps where you have an unfair advantage.

7 minutes ago, jimmybro1 said:

There are untested federations... 

True, though I'm still going to look a bit stupid standing there with a full beard and no boobs competing against women ;-)

I guess the issue here is that MTF seem to have an advantage wheras us FTM guys are at a distinct disadvantage in the mens comp but there is no way we should be in a womans comp. I'm more than happy to compete in a mens comp though, I chose to become legally male, it's my own problem that I'm not as physically strong . . . it's a bit harder on MTF though, conventional medical and training wisdom would put them at an advantage in the womans comp

11 hours ago, Psyke said:

So the solution is to not compete at all?

I don't think that would be unreasonable.  When you choose to drastically alter your body I don't think you should be competing against other males or females. Although as I said earlier you could compete against other trans people if someone started up such comps. That would probably be the ideal solution.