Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hamstring Training

7 posts in this topic

Hey there, besides the usual leg curls and stiff leg/Romanian deads and the obvious activation from squatting, lunging and high leg press, what do you guys and girls do for these?

Had a bit of a search through the site but couldn't find anything definitive. My gym only has a seated leg curl machine as an option so pretty limited, be really keen to hear of some other options to keep it fresh and challenging.

cheers.

Keep it fresh with the basics. Obviously they work really well if theyre still around being used by the pros. Switching up your workout doesn't always mean new exercises. Try moving around the order, sets and reps. 

You could do standing leg curl by utilizing the leg extension machine. Lying leg curl using a dumbell between the feet or good mornings 

gazza likes this

change the style of training, do high reps low weights with slow negatives full stretch , or high weights slow negatives etc, go ham

You can use most lat pulldown machines to do GHRs if you sit backwards on them. Hold a broomstick out in front of you to give yourself as much assistance as you need.

(You can do these on the floor, but that's never worked as well for me.)

gazza and Old Bull like this

Hey mate, been exploring a few options for doing these but nothing really feels right.

This might be the way to go.

I like these. They hit the hams alot along with glutes and back. Depending on how high u have the pad. I've been doing them and this week my hammies are baked. Try them srs

gazza likes this