Martial Arts/Female bodybuilding

Missfit

Hiya, I'm a 5'4 female who has spent the past 5 years working towards getting my black belt in ITF Taekwon-Do and have been hitting the gym for weights for almost 6 years. I dedicated the past year to training for BB but now that is almost finished, I need a new goal but not sure where to go. Thought I'd sign up here and see what might motivate me (not sure if I am keen of doing a competition but I am enjoying the challenge of building more muscle as TKD is largely cardio based). I also ride horses competitively so need to maintain a strong core. Peace!

Hey Missfit, welcome!

As (I think) Bruce is saying, it's a bit hard for us to tell you what your goal should be. That needs to come from you.

However... if you're not sure about doing a bodybuilding competition just yet, but you like building muscle, why not try powerlifting? Whether you do it competitively or not, it's a sport where there's no shortage of goals you can set yourself. Just pick a number. :-D (It'll also provide a good base for all your gym work, and in case you want to do bodybuilding further down the track.)

Why not join a crossfit gym, do a whole lot of functional exercises that won't impede your ability to perform TKD and will in fact enhance that ability. Add to your fitness and endurance while still working on gaining strength. Straight powerlifting or bodybuilding training will give you size and strength but if you don't train explosiveness and mobility at the same time you'll lose it. Most crossfit girls can with very little specific work do bodybuilding and powerlifting comps successfully. It'll help with maintaining a good work ethic and goal setting. 

The first man to walk on the moon (allegedly) was Neil Armstrong in 1969. Almost 50 years later and still no woman has been able to equal this feat and walk on the desolate and unforgiving lunar surface. You sound like a high acheiver so why settle for something as repetitive like crossfit or as boring as powerlifting? I can guarantee that once you're standing there comfortably weighing only a small fraction of what you weighed on earth gazing out over vast expanses of the basaltic plains of the lunar seas and watching the sun set behind behind the earth, that while you may experience a pang of loneliness you will have no regrets.