Jump to content
NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudonym

Conor McGregor or Floyd Mayweather?

Recommended Posts

It's like discussion of fedor vs whoever. 
Even if coner beats mayweather, he'll never be able to beat him at his peak.
There's always going to be speculation, and it's so hard to set up these phenoms against each other when they peak at different times. 

I used to think coner was a shittalking kent until he lost and came back like a champ. I'd love to see him fight mayweather...and woodley, and anyone really hhaha.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayweather will win on points and afterwards everyone will say it was a boring fight. 

 

The mcgregor world would be better off fighting someone like a Canelo, which I would rather see. Canelo is big and strong for the division and he would love to just stand there and bang it out and we would probably see a KO.

 

The tab has mayweather at $1.11 and McGregor at $5.50. Betting on Mcgregor to win is like betting on Argentina to beat the All blacks at Eden park.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f*ck floyd,sorry if i hurt anyones feelings but i gota tick lol evertime i see his name i gotta say f*ck floyd.Whos going to win?i would like conor to win,but this is a boxing match so floyd maybe,f*ck floyd hahaha sorry homies fuckn tick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kiwicannon said:

Both amazing athletes at there giving profession but i think Mayweather will take this on points..now throw Mayweather in the cage with McGregor .... well yeah no brainer there!

this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I can't stand Mayweather he's a class act in the ring, boring as f*co but gets the job done. He'll box Connors head off. But as it's already been said, put him in the cage and you'd back Connor all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its just a bloody circus that whole thing.I reckon if mcgregor is so sure why not make it winner take all.Those press conferance things they do seem to be more of a specticle that the actule fight.The result could have been decided before they even get in the ring.Its turning into WWF wrestling these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think McGregor cares about winning so much more so the pay day.  He thinks of himself as a businessman and this is his retirement plan. Its among one of the most lucrative fights in history with each of them expected to earn over 100 million obviously depends on PPV and ticket sells but if is in line with Mayweather v Pacquaio fight it is expected to be around 390 million.  

 

Not sure what the split is between Mayweather and McGregor and the agreement was signed in confidentially but I would say Mayweather has taken the larger part of the share as he has the most to offer.  Not a bad pay day to take a couple punches to the head! 

 

Mayweather will walk away with the win by decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2017 at 8:51 AM, jimmybro1 said:

Don't think McGregor cares about winning so much more so the pay day.  He thinks of himself as a businessman and this is his retirement plan

Yep. It's certainly easier, safer, and more lucrative than continuing to slug it out in MMA. Do this, then retire in comfort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2017 at 11:18 PM, Pseudonym said:

Yep. It's certainly easier, safer, and more lucrative than continuing to slug it out in MMA. Do this, then retire in comfort.

 

This makes a lot of sense.  

 

Pick a fight with the guy who you're probably be able to wind up - as he has the biggest ego in sport (maybe), who also happens to be undefeated, recently retired, and cherry picked his fights.  Question his legacy.  

 

He got the fight.

 

If it was all for show to get paid and retire, then what a fucking genius pulling this shit off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, everyone saying Mayweather will win etc obviously has not seen McGreggor fight. Now SUUUUUURRREEE Mayweather is a good "defensive boxer" and all, but thats all he can do. McGreggor can just wrestle him, use grappling, kicks etc..... and it's an easy win for him. Mayweather can only punch, but McGreggor has a much broader range of fighting skills that he can bring into the fight through his MMA career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

Look, everyone saying Mayweather will win etc obviously has not seen McGreggor fight. Now SUUUUUURRREEE Mayweather is a good "defensive boxer" and all, but thats all he can do. McGreggor can just wrestle him, use grappling, kicks etc..... and it's an easy win for him. Mayweather can only punch, but McGreggor has a much broader range of fighting skills that he can bring into the fight through his MMA career.

 

It's a boxing fight not an mma fight. So no, he can't wrestle, grapple or kick him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean McGreggor can't wrestle, grappl, or kick Mayweather?? Have you not seen the videos of Connor fighting? Thats mainly what he does. Whereas mayweather does boxing, but wouldnt be surprised if he threw in a few low kicks to the head maybe if it goes to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GyzzBrah said:

What do you mean McGreggor can't wrestle, grappl, or kick Mayweather?? Have you not seen the videos of Connor fighting? Thats mainly what he does. Whereas mayweather does boxing, but wouldnt be surprised if he threw in a few low kicks to the head maybe if it goes to the ground.

He wont be allowed to do any of that stuff neither of them will there only allowed to punch each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FatGig said:

He wont be allowed to do any of that stuff neither of them will there only allowed to punch each other.

Yeah apparently  they will sue each other if it gets to dirty,but f*ck it would be nice to see floyd take conors shinbone to his head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×