NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
beefneggs

Mast - bulking?

Hi guys,

Anyone had any experience with Masteron as a bulking option 

I understand most use it as a hardner toward the last part of their diet pre comp - but Im interested if anyone has personally used it off season ?

I read some guys overseas on forum feedback have - but keen for any local insight 

Obviously with a test base - not solo 

Cheers

Ive used Masteron Enanthate 400mg in a bulking cycle alongside 750mg Test E in the past, i personally won't run it again i like to run NPP instead.

I was hoping for a dryer bulk from utilising Mast but i really didn't notice it, could of just run Test alone, i could have tuned my food intake and maybe upped the dose to 600mg? im just not sure,  I'm not saying dont try it just wasn't for me. 

I run Tren A and Mast P on a cut which works wonders for me though.

1 hour ago, kiwicannon said:

Ive used Masteron Enanthate 400mg in a bulking cycle alongside 750mg Test E in the past, i personally won't run it again i like to run NPP instead.

I was hoping for a dryer bulk from utilising Mast but i really didn't notice it, could of just run Test alone, i could have tuned my food intake and maybe upped the dose to 600mg? im just not sure,  I'm not saying dont try it just wasn't for me. 

I run Tren A and Mast P on a cut which works wonders for me though.

Your first mistake was looking to a drug to make your bulk "dryer"

here we go.....Yes Mr Olympia you are correct hence i won't use it again but hey you seem to know everything and I'm positive you're one of those fucking idiots who would never say you made a mistake right?..oh hang on you've done a few shows so that means you know more then everyone else and have never made any bad decisions along the way right?....woops sorry Beefneggs back to the original question

6 minutes ago, kiwicannon said:

here we go...sorry mr olympia ill ask you next time for advice

Lol ok man.. sorry for not fitting into the drug reliance crew.. it's just that I know plenty of guys who run test alone and are dry as anything. I also know guys on test tren mast stan anavar blah blah and hold more water than a water buffalo.. but hey let's add more gear to get dryer gains :-D 

10 minutes ago, kiwicannon said:

Lol my bad bro! Im on the rag.

The Major mistake i made was taking the wrong advices and also not practising what i preached which is following a proper nutrition plan. But yeah man your right.

Lol I've made plenty of mistakes :) I'm also far from knowing it all but yes I have done a few comps and have coached many through comps so I have seen and experienced my fair share.  That aside the biggest mistake i see people making is the mentality of taking this or that to make them leaner rather than addressing what they are putting in their mouths.. that's the easy way and more often than not the easiest way isn't the most effective.

and hey I never said mast was a bad off season compound of choice ;)

On 30/01/2017 at 9:42 PM, trainlikeafreak said:

it's just that I know plenty of guys who run test alone and are dry as anything. I also know guys on test tren mast stan anavar blah blah and hold more water than a water buffalo..

So is this difference a genetic thing, where some people simply aromatise test more than others? Or is there something specific in the diet that causes it? Or both?

9 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

So is this difference a genetic thing, where some people simply aromatise test more than others? Or is there something specific in the diet that causes it? Or both?

Peripheral aromatization of androgens, primarily in adipose tissue is the main source of estrogens in men, adiposity (increased body fat)  or increased aromatase expression in adipose tissue would obviously lead to increased estradiol.

Increased inflammatory cytokines, and polymorphic variants in aromatase result in increased aromatase activity.

Leptin activates estrogen receptor-a in the absence of estrogen, plus defective androgen receptors, mutations affecting aromatase gene can all contribute to elevations in estrogenic response.. 

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa021559#t=article

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25112235

10 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Well it can be genetic but the majority of the time, in my opinion, it's because of their diet. If somebody is ripped they are going to look ripped.. how do we get ripped? We diet/train/cardio.  Also I know a lot of people who mistake fat and water.

6 hours ago, trainlikeafreak said:

Well it can be genetic but the majority of the time, in my opinion, it's because of their diet. If somebody is ripped they are going to look ripped.. how do we get ripped? We diet/train/cardio.  Also I know a lot of people who mistake fat and water.

I'm holding a lot of water at the moment. 

Drostanolone (Masteron) can be a useful compound to anyone prone to estrogen related side effects (estrogen sensitive, susceptible to bloating, acne, gyno etc)..

It's androgenic nature, being DHT derived means it can't structurally aromatize to estrogen via CYP19A1..

This is useful in raising the androgen : estrogen ratio in favour of androgens without having to introduce an aromatizable androgen such as testosterone, which would further elevate estrogen (which you don't want)..

An elevated androgen : estrogen ratio has been shown to reduce likelihood of gynaecomastia.

Masteron can be an essential tool for anyone shown to be sensitive to estrogen related side effects..

17 hours ago, Daz69 said:

Drostanolone (Masteron) can be a useful compound to anyone prone to estrogen related side effects (estrogen sensitive, susceptible to bloating, acne, gyno etc)..

It's androgenic nature, being DHT derived means it can't structurally aromatize to estrogen via CYP19A1..

This is useful in raising the androgen : estrogen ratio in favour of androgens without having to introduce an aromatizable androgen such as testosterone, which would further elevate estrogen (which you don't want)..

An elevated androgen : estrogen ratio has been shown to reduce likelihood of gynaecomastia.

Masteron can be an essential tool for anyone shown to be sensitive to estrogen related side effects..

interesting, would an AI have the same effect for acne? 

i have minor flare ups when test dose changes, wonder if running mast (or an AI ) through would stop that from happening?

35 minutes ago, maccaz said:

interesting, would an AI have the same effect for acne? 

i have minor flare ups when test dose changes, wonder if running mast (or an AI ) through would stop that from happening?

Possibly but then one would also argue that more mgs will result in more sides. TBH I think if genetically you get acne then there isn't much you can do?? And on the other end of the stick if someone doesn't get it at all they can take thousands upon thousands of mgs and not get a single spot

3 minutes ago, trainlikeafreak said:

Possibly but then one would also argue that more mgs will result in more sides. TBH I think if genetically you get acne then there isn't much you can do?? And on the other end of the stick if someone doesn't get it at all they can take thousands upon thousands of mgs and not get a single spot

yeah true

other thing is right now my skin is perfect so not much use in testing the theory out, but sometimes it gets shit for a week or two

I dunno about mast but I've found the AI helps it. It's obviously linked to genetics but that doesn't preclude it from being controlled somewhat.

It's definitely worse if you pin erratically or with a low frequency (basically unstable hormone levels) I've found and I'd say based on the AI helping it that it's at least linked to estrogen in some way, possibly androgen estrogen ratio but I wouldnt be 100% on that one.

7 minutes ago, PETN said:

I dunno about mast but I've found the AI helps it. It's obviously linked to genetics but that doesn't preclude it from being controlled somewhat.

It's definitely worse if you pin erratically or with a low frequency (basically unstable hormone levels) I've found and I'd say based on the AI helping it that it's at least linked to estrogen in some way, possibly androgen estrogen ratio but I wouldnt be 100% on that one.

Oh yeah absolutely man. I more meant if the person is at least exercising some common sense and they were getting acne then it is likely that that is just the way it's gonna be. I lnownguys who actually get acne from AI as well

11 minutes ago, maccaz said:

yeah true

other thing is right now my skin is perfect so not much use in testing the theory out, but sometimes it gets shit for a week or two

Do you notice a difference in skin in relation to the quality of what you are taking?

Just now, trainlikeafreak said:

Do you notice a difference in skin in relation to the quality of what you are taking?

wouldnt know how to tell the quality lol, roll the dice with lebanon bathtub blends