Training Time

shane

What time a day does everyone train? I've started to train at 0630 after I finish night shift as I have eaten during the night and have enough carbs in me to get a good workout done, then shower up and sleep.

I was training about 1330 after I had woken up and had something to eat but sometimes just felt lethargic. So what's everyone thoughts on this what time does everyone train??

I used to work nights (on rotation too, which just awful because your body clock never really adjusted to anything).

I tried training both before and after the shift. I found the best time by far was just before I went in to work - I was most energised for the workout, and it made staying awake through the night a whole lot easier.

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:27 AM, PETN said:

Usually I find March April May is the best time then September October is alright as well. Tend to lose motivation in the summer and waste my energy on doing other stuff.June July I'm celebrating end of financial year and it makes it hard to find the time to train.

Always someone

• 2 weeks later...

I train differant times all the time.Best time to train for me was when i use to train at behind bars in levin now its called shapeshiffters by a good man called hayden.They where the days when we were living on the original  jacks preworkout.Fuck yeah good times,if anyone from levin reading this shoutout to the levin boys.

PS Anyone still got any original jacks ????????

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't need a high degree of focus during work then definitely go before and use your energy for the quality workouts rather than work haha. ?

But ultimately train when it suits your lifestyle and at a time that is sustainable long term for you (so you don't end up skipping days because you are too tired).

• 2 weeks later...

I work permanent nights mostly 4 on 2 off, a mix of 2000hrs-0400hrs and 2300hrs-0700hrs. I hate it but it works around my wifes office jobs and the kids. I tend to train on my 2 nights off and first 2 nights on before work, usually around 1930hrs then home for a feed and shower before heading to work.