NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
FellowshipOfTheRon

Home gym for sale - power cage, rack, bumpers, bench etc.

Gym - Rack, Bar, 150kg Bumpers, 40kg rubber plates Bench (Total 215kg weights)
$1,800 or near offer. Fairly negotiable, not desperate to sell.

All good condition Olympic gym set. Annoying health problems so not as much focus on heavy lifting for me, plus need to downsize as may be moving soon.

Total weights here up to 215kg with all the plates and Oly collars locked on. Bar will support plenty more if you get more plates. Plenty reviews on this forum with good words for the bar, knurling is great and it has excellent whip.

I can deliver within Auckland for a fee depending where you are. PM me if interested.

Selling as set:

• Volt 7ft men's Olympic Bar (brass bushings). 20kg bar, 28mm thickness and 2200mm length - IWF spec. Perfectly straight as never left weights racked after use nor done any rack pulls.
  • Iron Power Power Cage suitable for squats / pullups / bench etc.
  • Iron Power adjustment bench does decline, flat and incline to varying levels. Also comes up to 90 degree for shoulder press.
  • Elite FS Olympic collars 2.5kg each and lock perfectly for safe Oly lifting.
  • 150kg of Oly Bumper plates : 2x 5kg, 2x10kg, 2x15kg, 2X20kg, 2x25kg. Colour coded.
  • 2X20kg Black Rubber plates (not bumper plates)
  • Triceps Oly bar weight about 7kg.

IMG_20170102_153210_516.jpg

_20170102_154052.JPG

IMG_20170102_153858_102.jpg

4 hours ago, jimmybro1 said:

If you can sell complete setup would be interested in bar and bumpers. Already got a rack etc 

Whats the health issues ? 

cheers mate sold now but let you know if it doesnt go through (waiting on trademe buyer to pickup later in week).

hiatal hernia keeping me from really being able to eat as well as i'd like. docs want to see how i do with medication after coulpe more months, my pref is surgery. still lifting just not training for powerlifting comp so no need for nice bar and convenient home setup. thought this gear could go to a better home. good excuse to spend more time at normal gym and interact with humans etc. anyway

4 hours ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

still lifting just not training for powerlifting comp so no need for nice bar and convenient home setup. thought this gear could go to a better home.

I thought you were liquidising assets so you could buy industrial quantities of car polish for the Subaru. :-o

Pleased to see you're still lifting though.

14 hours ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

cheers mate sold now but let you know if it doesnt go through (waiting on trademe buyer to pickup later in week).

hiatal hernia keeping me from really being able to eat as well as i'd like. docs want to see how i do with medication after coulpe more months, my pref is surgery. still lifting just not training for powerlifting comp so no need for nice bar and convenient home setup. thought this gear could go to a better home. good excuse to spend more time at normal gym and interact with humans etc. anyway

Can medication help a hernia or does it use manage the side effects of having one? 

Old man got one a couple months ago which he had surgery for can recall any medication though.

Yeah let me know if it falls through in need of a bar and more plates.  

10 hours ago, jimmybro1 said:

Can medication help a hernia or does it use manage the side effects of having one? 

Old man got one a couple months ago which he had surgery for can recall any medication though.

Yeah let me know if it falls through in need of a bar and more plates.  

sweet will do man. meds will manage the sides, surgeon reckons shes seen majority of cases sort themselves out without surgery with a few months of meds, said its when youre throwing up constantly where it can make it worse.. i dunno any better to contest that but it sounds like it makes sense anyway. what type of hernia did your old man have, was he able to just demand it and get it?

19 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

I thought you were liquidising assets so you could buy industrial quantities of car polish for the Subaru. :-o

Pleased to see you're still lifting though.

lol on the money there aye, im gonna invest in meguiars industrial range and have the shiniest cleanest subaru in all of auckland (actually it probably is the cleanest atm ) :P

14 hours ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

sorry @jimmybro1 its just been picked up, all sold now mate.

the home made platform is still available if anyones interested.

@Pseudonym i can't seem to edit the OP, has there been a change in forum rules/user rights recently?

Might be keen on platform bro got more pics and dimensions ? 

6 hours ago, jimmybro1 said:

Might be keen on platform bro got more pics and dimensions ? 

sweet best view of it in action is probably this vid, oct 2015 thats around the time i made it. you can skip right to around 35 seconds mark where i drop the fairly minor weight on it as demonstration, though it's only 52.5kg so doesnt prove much :P  i'm not really strong enough to test its limits but absorbs noise/impact and spreads the load fairly well on what i have done, roughly 70kg overhead drops at most and 200kg deadlifts. has some weight to it so doesn't bounce around

its 3 pieces easier to transport / move around than a 1 piece, each one is 940mm(L) x 770mm(W) x 30mm (D) , total Width = 2310mm. I would say if you using as a deadlift platform its perfect, width when used as below is 2310mm so covers a standard loaded oly barbell but length being only 940mm i reckon a taller lifter would struggle if trying to do split jerks without leaving the platform. could always make an extension to the centre piece though.  if need pics let me know but for now it's stacked away while i repurpose that room

4 hours ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

sweet best view of it in action is probably this vid, oct 2015 thats around the time i made it. you can skip right to around 35 seconds mark where i drop the fairly minor weight on it as demonstration, though it's only 52.5kg so doesnt prove much :P  i'm not really strong enough to test its limits but absorbs noise/impact and spreads the load fairly well on what i have done, roughly 70kg overhead drops at most and 200kg deadlifts. has some weight to it so doesn't bounce around

its 3 pieces easier to transport / move around than a 1 piece, each one is 940mm(L) x 770mm(W) x 30mm (D) , total Width = 2310mm. I would say if you using as a deadlift platform its perfect, width when used as below is 2310mm so covers a standard loaded oly barbell but length being only 940mm i reckon a taller lifter would struggle if trying to do split jerks without leaving the platform. could always make an extension to the centre piece though.  if need pics let me know but for now it's stacked away while i repurpose that room

Is it wide enough to get a bench press on ? 

Will be be using mostly for benching 

2 hours ago, jimmybro1 said:

Is it just sheets of ply and rubber mats 

yeah its home made, 2 sheets of 10mm ply screwed and glued to each other with 10mm rubber from bunnings also screwed / glued on top. centre piece is just 3 pieces plywood. if you interested in trying to make your own, the rubber is sold at bunnings as 'gym mat' for around $35 per 1m2 mat.