2017 quest

PETN

• 2 weeks later...

Jan 3ish. 

Made the mistake of pulling my hilux engine out and fixing shit on it so haven't been at gym since last time. Highly don't recommend it.

Db bench

40x8

55x8

65x8

70x9

70x6

70x4

Shoulders are pretty fucked hence excessive rep drop off. 

Dips

Whatever few sets.

Side raises.

Etc

Got bloods done because been feeling pretty fucked the last few weeks/months and turns out I've got Ross River virus which is some tropical disease that causes extreme fatigue and sore joints because it destroys the cartilage in them. Explains why my joints have been feeling sore. Can't bench or ohp because pain is too much. Also explains why I sleep for 15h sometimes lately. At least it wasn't AIDS/HIV.

Nasty. That's one of those mosquito-borne diseases, right? They're hard to avoid - even if you religiously apply mozzie repellent, you still get bitten.

I've just got back from the Solomon Islands, where they enjoy malaria and dengue fever. Not sure what the incubation period for those are, but no signs yet so hopefully I've managed to avoid them.

Yeah it's a mosquito borne virus. Once you get it you're unlikely to ever get it again though. The mosquitoes here are way more savage than the nz ones. A lot more of them and they will bite you while walking and will bite through clothing too so hard to avoid unless you don't go outside much.

2 hours ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

ho shit how long until thats flushed out of your system?

"The illness generally begins with painful (sometimes swollen) joints and muscle and tendon pain. The most commonly affected joints are the ankles, fingers, knees and wrists. The pain usually develops rapidly, may be intense, and may be more severe in different joints at different times.  

Other symptoms include a raised red rash affecting mostly limbs and trunk, fever, fatigue, headache, light intolerance and swollen glands.  Less common symptoms include sore eyes and throat, nausea and tingling in the palms of the hands or soles of the feet.

Fever, nausea and the skin rash usually disappear within the first 1 or 2 weeks of illness. Joint, muscle and tendon pain may last much longer, and can be distressing. Some people also have lingering fatigue, lethargy and depression.

Symptoms subside eventually and leave few or no after-effects. It is not possible at present to say how long an individual person will take to get better.

Some adults with RRV infection recover within 2 to 6 weeks of onset of the illness and most people will progressively improve over 3 to 6 months. A minority of people (about 15%) will still be unwell at 3 months, and at 6 months about 5% will have persistent joint pains and lethargy.

A small minority (up to 2%) of people may have residual symptoms after a year. In general people with symptoms after a year should be re-investigated and other forms of arthritis considered.

People with long-term symptoms are not sick all the time. By 3 months, many people experience some days when they are well and others when they are not, and as time goes by, the latter become less frequent, but symptoms may recur suddenly and without warning."

So basically f*ck knows. Apparently it inflames joints by destroying the cartilage in them so I'm not too sure if I'm doing damage by lifting still. I get too sore after a hand full of sets now anyway.

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, kiwicannon said:

Looking great big dog! 

Out of interest Whats a days eating look like?

Pretty inconsistent, same as gym and pinning.

Yesterday:

11am ~500g (raw weight) steak

Gym

4pm 250g oats, 100g wpi, 3x yogurt pottles

8pm 500g (raw weight) pork, salad, 2x drumstick ice creams (same as a trumpet).

Friday

6x yogurt pottles

3x 95g canned chicken tins

Subway foot long chicken classic, iced coffee 1 litre, 2x subway cookies.

500g (raw weight) steak, salad

Thursday

8x 95g canned chicken

4x Cadbury ice cream ice block things

6x 95g canned chicken

6x yogurt pottles.

Pinned tuesday 250mg mast ace, 100mg test e, pinned yesterday 100mg mast e, 250mg ampule pharma sustanon 250. Sometimes only pin once a week or less.

f*ck me you lucky bastard! Damn wish i could chow like that!,  I even look at an ice-cream ill put an inch on the waist!

Whats your plan fella? Roll with that for 14-16wks change it up as you go? switch out AAS later on? You throwing around some decent tin even with those sore joints!

I guess I just burn through all that energy from shit food because my body temp is high a lot of the time. I'm also not really getting a heap of energy I suspect if you were to add up the calories for each day.

Feel absolutely fucked today and have pretty sore elbows and shoulders. I should point out that eating, gym and driving to and from the gym was literally all I did yesterday. The last few days since Monday where I've worked 12h days I've intended to go to the gym after work but have been too tired and pretty much laid down on my bed at 6.30pm and fallen asleep.

My plan is pretty much to keep training as often and as hard as I realistically can. In terms of gear I don't really care anymore about doing blasts. Probably just run test in lowish doses like I am now and maybe get some superdrol again once my joints are ok. Cbf with dbol as since stopping it most of my gland growth has gone away.

• 4 weeks later...

Trained back and shoulders Tuesday last week and trained chest today with my mate.

Weighed 100kg today as the virus has been hammering me lately. Cashed in on sick day today but did shit on hilux all day (3 engines out) so was pretty fucked by time I trained as is 35deg 90% humidity outside and getting smashed by mosquitoes.

Bench

60x7

100x7

150x8

170x5

180x2

180x2

160x4

Db bench

65x8

65x8

65x8

65x6

Dips

That was it.

• 4 months later...

It was almost impossible to pretend I wasn't pleased to see her after almost 7 weeks away. However it was not a facade I had to maintain very long as like every feeling I experience it was fleeting at best and was superseded almost immediately by my usual emotionless and calculating state of mind.

As she came towards me I could sense her obvious happiness was somewhat subdued by her uncertainty. "What's your boyfriends address?" I asked, knowing 100% that she wouldn't tell. I remember thinking that the reasons for her uncertainty were completely justified as I collected her throat in my hand, lifting her off her feet momentarily before pinning her forcefully to the wall by her now partially obstructed wind-pipe. After tiring with watching her squirm as she gasped for air I released her and she collapsed to the ground and I wondered if I had already gone too far. The look of terror and disappointment in her eyes (betrayal even?) wasn't something I'd prepared myself for  But this was only the beginning...